Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

so the stream

dra011dra011
Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
edited July 5, 2017 in General Chat
Ok so overall quality of the stream it's self was good nothing to complain about on that point they talked clearly and knew what they was talking about and showed off all the content
now for the content of the stream

grand master renewal:
honestly i both like it and don't like it i like that we get effects with our grand master now it's just too bad they aren't all that useful plus it's nice being able to pay to do more missions so we can get grand master's faster.
having multiple grand masters some talents that need stats from other talents such a puppets will benefit and that's good.
not sure if you can have more then one effect active at a time didn't hear them say if you can have more then one on at once

beauty box:
the coupon to save your hair save's the dye colour you use on your hair as well that's nice but aside from that it just seems like a normal beauty box same as before

grand master effects:
warrior: melee weapon min and max damage increase : 30
mage: magic attack increase : 20
adventure: explore exp: 50% increase
archer: bow and cross bow: min and max damage increase : 30
bard: music buff effect increase: 5 music duration increase: 30%
battle alch: max damage increase: 30 for wind fire earth 15 for water frozen blast duration 3 range 10
construction alch: lessen stam use: 15% and mana 11% crystal making and fragmentation and Synthesis success rate 5
fighter: knuckles min and max damage increase: 30
knight: min and max damage increase: 30
tailor: materials may be left after use
carpentry: craft bonus when crafting weapons
apothecary: chance to get additional items
merchant: commerce Weight 100 and inv 1
chef: catering duration increased by 600%
blacksmith: craft bonus when crafting equipment
cleric: pet and party combat exp increase 50%
puppeteer: min and max damage for control bar increase : 30 puppet defence increase 1 and hp 65
gun's max damage increase 15 min 12
ninja: min and max damage increase 30

this will all be on the website at some point but i put it here anyway

1. what did you think of the stream.47 votes
    1. Good
       62% (29 votes)
    2. Bad
       2% (1 vote)
    3. Meh ok
       13% (6 votes)
    4. Haven't watched it yet/don't want to.
       23% (11 votes)

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    You can't have more than one effect active at a time I'm pretty sure.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Hairdye gacha finally here.

My fantasy life is complete. XD
    Mollie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I tried asking about that but they didn't answer that question. Too much freaking spam. :|
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    She said that there wasn't a cooldown for switching the bonus effects of Grandmasters, but she didn't say anything about a cost for switching did she?

I coulda sworn I read somewhere that switching your bonus effect would cost AP or something.

Well, luckily we won't have long to wait before we can test this all ourselves!

One plus-side to streaming on future content a literal night before it becomes content, lol!
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    As an elf, I'm glad they're adding coupons that allow the use of facial features without having to have a hideous, old school anime chin.
    badnewsbarrettVimi
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Raishii wrote: »
    As an elf, I'm glad they're adding coupons that allow the use of facial features without having to have a hideous, old school anime chin.

I'd say the lack of nose is the real problem with the default elf face. I wouldn't mind the super-pointy ears if I could have a nose too.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Policroma wrote: »

Does anyone know if the hair dye from the gachas will be tradable?
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    dra011 wrote: »
    grand master effects:
    warrior: melee weapon min and max damage increase : 30

As someone currently playing as a giant:

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 5, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »

Does anyone know if the hair dye from the gachas will be tradable?

They appear no different than the last one as part of a package, but are directly choosable in preset colors for 1.5k NX, so most likely.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 5, 2017
    With all these power enhancing updates, you get the feeling that they are trying to make it possible to where everyone can solo abyss dungeons. Which is cool (and slightly suspicious). We got the renown, potential, echo stones, and a bunch of other REDUNDANT stat enhancement systems within the game. And now we're getting this.

You know what would be simpler? Just increase the stats gained with ranking skills. Done and done. Release some REAL content kthx.
    HotaRenTwelie
  • dra011dra011
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Weight* defense* commerce*

The stream was good. Glad to see we have gm that knows how the game works (yay gm mewlynne).

A bit criticism would be:
    information about the boost event is too short. Honestly that was the only thing im interested in the stream. It is pretty understandable though, they are pretty nervous, a lot of things going on, and no one is reminding them about it.

All in all, would love to see gm mewlynne again on the next stream. =u=)b

defence isn't spelled wrong i'm just British but the rest has been fixed that's the problem with writing things like these at around 4am i forget about fixing the spelling after i'm done but thanks for pointing it out anyway.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    Anyone else notice that they completely missed the entire point of the question about hidden talents at the end? They werent asking about the SKILLS under the hidden skill tab, they were talking about the TALENTS that are called hidden talents that are combinations of other talents, such as executioner, polymath, etc. Hopefully, since they totally missed that, the answer will be yes. It wouldnt be the first time they messed up, they said there was nothing about echostones that costs ap, so hopefully that will be the case. I would love to use some of the awesome hidden talent titles in grandmaster.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Cleric's effect doesn't help with healing, but gives more exp to pets and players. That's not that great to be honest.
    badnewsbarrett
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Cleric's effect doesn't help with healing, but gives more exp to pets and players. That's not that great to be honest.

That's a good thing. That means they realize how redundant healing is in this game.
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Raishii wrote: »
    Hinotama wrote: »

That's a good thing. That means they realize how redundant healing is in this game.

I doubt my sister would mind the effects of Cleric. I might get back into doing the Blacksmith GM quests since that effect looks nice. Might even want to remake new weapons/armors from it.
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    edited July 6, 2017
    Not sure why it quoted my comment so I'll edit this one I guess.
    You would think the tailoring effect would affect that minigame or improve the production of clothes like the blacksmithing one, but only having a chance of not using the materials doesn't seem worth it. Who knows, I've only done blacksmithing so another opinion on the tailoring effects would be nice.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Gaea wrote: »
    With all these power enhancing updates, you get the feeling that they are trying to make it possible to where everyone can solo abyss dungeons. Which is cool (and slightly suspicious). We got the renown, potential, echo stones, and a bunch of other REDUNDANT stat enhancement systems within the game. And now we're getting this.

You know what would be simpler? Just increase the stats gained with ranking skills. Done and done. Release some REAL content kthx.

I disagree.
    You are looking at this the wrong way. Stat increase is the reward.

Saying it redundant is like saying daily saga, daily sm, every single feature, and event that gives AP is redundant. Why not just increase the number of ap every time our char gain a lvl ?

Or in more extreme way, the game goals it to get r1 every skill and finishing every generation quest. Instead of doing every redundant things in the game, why not just have one button that say "congratulation you beat the game" which will rank all the char skill to r1 and beat every generation quest in 0.1 second.

But yea, g21 please
    I need more gold sink, story, feature, useful crafting recipes, commerce route, and more land to explore.

With how much there is to do in the game everyday I have to rebuke you - with that simple statement alone. You know what I mean. NORMAL people don't have time for all this crap.
  • dra011dra011

I disagree.
    You are looking at this the wrong way. Stat increase is the reward.

Saying it redundant is like saying daily saga, daily sm, every single feature, and event that gives AP is redundant. Why not just increase the number of ap every time our char gain a lvl ?

Or in more extreme way, the game goals it to get r1 every skill and finishing every generation quest. Instead of doing every redundant things in the game, why not just have one button that say "congratulation you beat the game" which will rank all the char skill to r1 and beat every generation quest in 0.1 second.

But yea, g21 please
    I need more gold sink, story, feature, useful crafting recipes, commerce route, and more land to explore.

With how much there is to do in the game everyday I have to rebuke you - with that simple statement alone. You know what I mean. NORMAL people don't have time for all this crap.

Huh i didn't think any normal people still resided here.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited July 6, 2017

I just see it as more long term content/enhancement that's accessible to everyone (AKA the exact thing people have been crying for). Sure they could go and up the skill stat gains, but I'll happily take some of these bonus effects (those production bonuses) for the time being.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Honestly Memento update was pretty much worthless only good thing about it is the Magic craft/engineering exp reforges