Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Confirmed ; G21 this winter (kr)

Comments

• InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    Nilrem wrote: »
    All this talk about stats for the talent and I'm just sitting here happy to have an interesting new weapon type.
    I mean, anyone who uses it will just Step 6 it and reforge it to the point where any lack of stats will mean very little.

It also looks extremely powerful in a number of ways, based on the footage.
    Lots of multi hit skills with range, AOE, and often fast strikes.
    Also, was that a teleport/jump skill?
    Because if I saw that right, a giant in the footage used it and swapped back to a normal sword, albeit in the distance.

In fact, a lot of the skills shown were just good. I saw none that stood out as bad or useless.
    I just hope it isn't absurdly overpowered, and balanced properly.

On another note, I can't wait for G21 and potentially getting yet another divine skill that will entirely shift the endgame again.

The only thing I didn't like was the return of the Aces.
    I never wanted to see them again after Saga 2.
    I can only hope they have a new writer and actually do something this time.

It isn't a teleport skill, its a chain hook thing that the chain blade is launched towards a monster or to a designated area in the ground. To be honest, the Heroes are an excuse to add additional heroes. Heroes are basicly hybrid talents you can use to train multiple skills at once.

I expect this talent to be a Ninja+Chainslasher+Fighter

And as some people has said before, I expected this to be a will main stat as well luck since this talent looks like a Maplestory new job class called Cadena which is a thief and thieves are luck main stat there.

But dex is kinda meh. We already have too much dex stats already from skills and enchants and it even gets capped with divine link/transformations as well int gets capped easily with link and or trans. Meanwhile Will isn't a stat that is high enough or not as common to obtain and same goes with luck. Both would be beneficial for survival, criticals and as for luck it would give us more chances of lucky finishes.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Infighter wrote: »
    And as some people has said before, I expected this to be a will main stat as well luck since this talent looks like a Maplestory new job class called Cadena which is a thief and thieves are luck main stat there.

But dex is kinda meh. We already have too much dex stats already from skills and enchants and it even gets capped with divine link/transformations as well int gets capped easily with link and or trans. Meanwhile Will isn't a stat that is high enough or not as common to obtain and same goes with luck. Both would be beneficial for survival, criticals and as for luck it would give us more chances of lucky finishes.

If anything, they could make it so ranking the Chainslash skillset give you mostly luck so you won't get too much dex or so, I guess.

I was expecting it to be Dex+Will too even though I was hoping for it to be Dex+Int... but I'm actually very happy with it being Dex+Luck!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Rhey wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I Just want more skills to pour these 6k+ ap into. And more luck means more huge luckies. I'm fine with this update.

I wonder if capping luck will be possible with this new talent?

Someone had capped luck back on the old forum. I forgot the set up but she/he was getting huge lucky finishes like quite frequently. Great for mats/gold farming.

Are you saying that they had 1500+ luck? O_o
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    It's time to become a Belmont.
    TreesNilremDanievictriaBehelit
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 9, 2017
    I Just want more skills to pour these 6k+ ap into. And more luck means more huge luckies. I'm fine with this update.

I wonder if capping luck will be possible with this new talent?

Someone had capped luck back on the old forum. I forgot the set up but she/he was getting huge lucky finishes like quite frequently. Great for mats/gold farming.

Are you saying that they had 1500+ luck? O_o

it's possible with enchanted equipments, leveling up at age 10, titles, high current level in merchant talent, and catering.... but who's gonna give up all their damage gear and titles just to cap luck for 1 skill set? that's throwing versatility out the window.... though I guess it depends on just how OP this skillset is :/

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I heard the whipping ace's name was Earren. Heterochromatic eyes, platinum blonde hair, a tan complexion, and a nice physique to boot. People keep making fun of her name for having the word "ear in it, but I don't care, I am still in....Lobe with her! <3
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited July 9, 2017
    platinum blonde hair, a tan complexion, and a nice physique to boot.

you mean her? :

310?cb=20080206045431
    pawcalypse6f0909[Deleted User]DjwaffleshotKingEphyDanievictriajustshowingGoldtiger01
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited July 9, 2017
    Yay new content incoming! I hope this will bring more players!

9e613f6f86828b03b8c13a30a456a6e8e0bd6e84_hq.gif

Um... this may be coincidental, but in the video it notes August 17th at 20:22. We have something else on OUR site that references that date too...

From the Master Plan Announcement: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J5d
    "Thursday, Aug. 17 - Wednesday, Aug. 23:
    Coming Soon"

Maybe Global Release? =D

Also, what's with the Aces and not involving Elves or Giants...? Then again, I guess we might get that heterochromia eye thing. -_-
    badnewsbarrett
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Arjune wrote: »

you mean her? :

310?cb=20080206045431

Well, by nice physique, I meant generally nice. She lacked the Nao-Sized breasts. Not that I am opposed to it or anything, but I think a slim figure brings less to mind the overt sexual imagery of a dominatrix and more of a graceful, well mannered fighter, with each strike a step of beauty, an entire barrage a dance bring death. There is a certain flair to a little excess, but not to the extent of someone like Ivy from Soul Calibur.
    Sherri
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 9, 2017

you mean her? :

Well, by nice physique, I meant generally nice. She lacked the Nao-Sized breasts. Not that I am opposed to it or anything, but I think a slim figure brings less to mind the overt sexual imagery of a dominatrix and more of a graceful, well mannered fighter, with each strike a step of beauty, an entire barrage a dance bring death. There is a certain flair to a little excess, but not to the extent of someone like Ivy from Soul Calibur.

Truly words of wisdom
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited July 9, 2017
    Chain Whip talent?

FINALLY, I can be the Quistis Trepe I always knew I could be.

87b6f6d076.png

Just with slightly better resolution textures.
    pawcalypseZairakKitsuyashaDanievictria
  • ArjuneArjune
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Chain Whip talent?

I hate to burst your bubble but it's a sword...a blade that turns into a bladed chain whip. so it's technically not a full on whip like Quistis

• lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Finally, a step towards making elves great again
    Sherrikapapa
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Chain Whip talent?

I hate to burst your bubble but it's a sword...a blade that turns into a bladed chain whip. so it's technically not a full on whip like Quistis

Probably as close as we're gonna get. :c
    I gotta believe!

Wait that's a different ps1 game.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705

you mean her? :

310?cb=20080206045431

The demo of the chain skill very much resembles how Ivy fights in Soul Calibur. It also does have the Castlevania chain whip like flare to it.
    [video]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Oh hey there's that phone game.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Ya'know, that whip-thing talent...

I feel like someone had a talent like that suggested in the Feedback section of the previous forums a like while back.

It just rings a bell.
  • ArjuneArjune
    pawcalypse wrote: »

The demo of the chain skill very much resembles how Ivy fights in Soul Calibur. It also does have the Castlevania chain whip like flare to it.
    [video]

Yeah I got Ivy/Soul Calibur vibes the instant I saw it. it's kinda funny that the new ace also resembles Ivy a bit

pawcalypse
  • InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    "working on location lag by changing logic"

Does this means they'll fix the issues with some skills that get displacements problems (ex. Shooting Rush?)
    justshowing
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Infighter wrote: »
    "working on location lag by changing logic"

Does this means they'll fix the issues with some skills that get displacements problems (ex. Shooting Rush?)

By changing logic? Huh?