Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Confirmed ; G21 this winter (kr)

Comments

• PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited July 9, 2017
    dat heterochromia npc, i hope that means we are finally going to get that eye style, i want to make a kobato cosplay.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    TNinja wrote: »
    Infighter wrote: »
    "working on location lag by changing logic"

Does this means they'll fix the issues with some skills that get displacements problems (ex. Shooting Rush?)

By changing logic? Huh?

idk, that's what i've heard but I don't know about programming stuffs so... it's pretty much changing whole basis so there will be no more location lag anymore.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    It's based on luck because you have to be lucky enough not to tangle yourself up while you spin around all over the place :)
    SebastianBuffalosInfighterZeoNilremBehelitSherrikapapa
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Ellisya wrote: »
    idk, that's what i've heard but I don't know about programming stuffs so... it's pretty much changing whole basis so there will be no more location lag anymore.

That sounds pimplier said than done, though. Guess I have something to look forward to reading about when it gets put out later this year.
    TheNyanCat
  • InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    TNinja wrote: »
    Infighter wrote: »
    "working on location lag by changing logic"

Does this means they'll fix the issues with some skills that get displacements problems (ex. Shooting Rush?)

By changing logic? Huh?

Anything that substracts lags from our game will always be welcomed. c:
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    Arjune wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Chain Whip talent?

Just with slightly better resolution textures.

I hate to burst your bubble but it's a sword...a blade that turns into a bladed chain whip. so it's technically not a full on whip like Quistis

I'm not sure about that, never seen the whip actual turn into a sword. Wonder if people are getting the sword part from him saying chain "blade" which could refer to the whole chain having blades on it rather than it being a sword.

Swords can be blades, not all blades are swords.
  • InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    edited July 10, 2017
    SirRyu wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Chain Whip talent?

Just with slightly better resolution textures.

I hate to burst your bubble but it's a sword...a blade that turns into a bladed chain whip. so it's technically not a full on whip like Quistis

I'm not sure about that, never seen the whip actual turn into a sword. Wonder if people are getting the sword part from him saying chain "blade" which could refer to the whole chain having blades on it rather than it being a sword.

Swords can be blades, not all blades are swords.

Its called chain blade because its a chain which tip has a blade (cough they tried to make Cadena class from MapleStory cough).

Though it could be called "whipblade" or chainblade.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Can we have it be a GLOBAL RELEASE by winter? @Saygo @Mewlynne @Katherz
    InfighterbadnewsbarrettZeoBehelitAellSherri[Deleted User]
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Gaea wrote: »

Psh, it'd be nice to get the Chainslash skillset early too... -hint hint-
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    platinum blonde hair, a tan complexion, and a nice physique to boot.

you mean her? :

310?cb=20080206045431

Inb4 everyone wear the elegant cletic clothes and runs around pretending to be ivy
    Or wearing the ancient vampire clothes pretending to be a belmont
    pawcalypse
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    oh I saw the video again and I guess it's not really a sword... it's kinda weird. your character does hold onto a hilt type thing but the chain blade curls up into some weird type of gauntlet or wrist guard thing o.o
  • tachiorztachiorz
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    edited July 10, 2017
    According to Mabinogi Showcase (live) interview.
    - They are working on location lag by changing logic??? w/e
    Please save NA server....
    OH, after all those years they finally going to fix those raft and elf freezes! Yay~!
    Plz also change your net protocol logic so we EUs won't lag so much (and eu channels, please!)
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    As a new-ish player, I'm just more stressed out that I have more generation (which story I couldn't care less that I skipped all the cutscenes and speed read the text) to complete.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795

Sure, let's just wrap up all of the major content updates we've yet to get into one massive update this winter and repeat the same sort of mistake that contributed to the entire Mabinogi EU thing.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Buffalos wrote: »

Sure, let's just wrap up all of the major content updates we've yet to get into one massive update this winter and repeat the same sort of mistake that contributed to the entire Mabinogi EU thing.

What major content though? I can't keep up with what KR has, so I really don't know what we're missing lol.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 10, 2017
    This might make some giants happy ;) I was reading through some news posts on KR (with the help of google translate) and they are kicking off the test server with the new talent, and something caught my eye:

* [Might of Radeka] The following effects are added to the skill.
    - Chain Slash Additional damage when using talent skill"

That means they are taking into account the lack of dex for giants (almost 300 less than other races compared to elves 170 str difference) and adding a boost for it to our Might of Ladeca skill. While we can only use that skill for like half the time we play, I'm glad they thought about adding in that boost :D hopefully it's not just for the test server
    What major content though? I can't keep up with what KR has, so I really don't know what we're missing lol.

Atm we're missing the giant combat renewal and the Dan test renewal. That's the only major ones... though KR does have a few small features such as the ability to repair anywhere at 100% success via a portable anvil thing but it costs like 2x the cost of 98% repair NPC. Then there's the equipment switch kits as well. I'm not sure if we will get those features o.o and then they have a new VIP service we might not ever get as well. Honestly they can probably add the new combat skillset w/o hurting either of those other updates though... it's their decision
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Atm we're missing the giant combat renewal and the Dan test renewal. That's the only major ones... though KR does have a few small features such as the ability to repair anywhere at 100% success via a portable anvil thing but it costs like 2x the cost of 98% repair NPC. Then there's the equipment switch kits as well. I'm not sure if we will get those features o.o and then they have a new VIP service we might not ever get as well. Honestly they can probably add the new combat skillset w/o hurting either of those other updates though... it's their decision

Okay I've heard about some of those things lol. What's the Dan test renewal? I'm still under the impression we're gonna be getting the giant update at least soon xD

I wish we could get the 100% repair update. Haven't heard about the equipment switch, I heard about VIP updating but isn't this their second update for it and we haven't gotten either updates? :/
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Okay I've heard about some of those things lol. What's the Dan test renewal? I'm still under the impression we're gonna be getting the giant update at least soon xD

I wish we could get the 100% repair update. Haven't heard about the equipment switch, I heard about VIP updating but isn't this their second update for it and we haven't gotten either updates? :/

Dan test renewal makes more skills able to advance to Dan 1, 2, 3 and also changes the test itself to be a solo version where you RP as yourself.

Here's an example
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    I had some 600~ mb update this morning and I got ridiculously excited for half a moment.

Oh well. Still looking forward to things.
  • XxSWxXXxSWxX
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    edited July 10, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »
    I Just want more skills to pour these 6k+ ap into. And more luck means more huge luckies. I'm fine with this update.

If only luck affected huge lucky finishes as it does to gathering. :(