Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Confirmed ; G21 this winter (kr)

Comments

• NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited July 11, 2017

Arjune wrote: »
    Neyna wrote: »
    What? there's a thing called different time zones. Where is the "ganging up"? Why would there be a Big group when it's only Kaga that's

that was a bit of a joke because like 6-7 people suddenly came posting in this thread on a weekday morning when usually the forums dead af

I think I'll stop posting because this thread turned into elf qq / flame war now

That's cause it turned out to be an "elf QQ thread". I can't take that as a joke coming from you, but oh welp, misunderstandings.
    I'm done~
    SenyuniKaga
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 11, 2017
    Stolias wrote: »
    and yes they did list an elf update, technically. They are working on racial balancing in general this year. God forbid they decide to racially balance a new skillset or anything

Please provide a Link to that Elf Update. I don't see anything about it from the Developers Conference list, so if it was added recently, I'd love to see that. Thank you

There is no elf update (yet), I think you missed what I meant in my post. "Racial Balancing" in general is on their to-do list which means if they plan to do an elf balance at all then that's where they listed it. That's why I said they listed it technically. If they don't eventually do an elf revamp then the verdict would be that they don't believe elves need balanced, but with all the complaining from elves about magic in KR I don't think they're that dumb. There IS still a chance for an elf revamp, but they either haven't gotten to it yet because they can't decide what to do for it, or they changed their mind on it.

I didn't plan to reply again but I did't plan for someone to misunderstand my post and demand to see a link to an update that doesn't exist (yet)

Ugh
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited July 11, 2017

You say that every time and it never makes any kind of impact with me. Especially considering there's still a possibility for elves to get a combat revamp you're just looking for anything to complain about

"possibility". we don't live on "IFs".

I am the one who's looking for something to complain about? give me a goddamn break arjune. You are the only giant that I know that complains this much. Infact your complaining is worse than these elf QQ threads.
    Sometimes I wonder if you are just an elf on a giant disguise.

This is pathetic as it gets, kill me already. oh wait I am an elf, shouldn't be hard to die.

NeynaNilremSenyuniIzzyKuroNekoTunfiskBehelitGretaSherri
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    Kaga wrote: »

You say that every time and it never makes any kind of impact with me. Especially considering there's still a possibility for elves to get a combat revamp you're just looking for anything to complain about

"possibility". we don't live on "IFs".

I am the one who's looking for something to complain about? give me a goddamn break arjune. You are the only giant that I know that complains this much. Infact your complaining is worse than these elf QQ threads.
    Sometimes I wonder if you are just an elf on a giant disguise.

don't spam. we over that now :D
    Kaga
  • PepperLimePepperLime
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020

I just watched this. I wish I understood, seems like they're explaining the skills, upgrades and such.
    MhaolpawcalypseSenyuni
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited July 11, 2017
    Elves are only good at archery if you throw 300 dollars into reforges.
    KagaNilremZeoSenyuniIzzyKuroNekoNeynaTunfiskGretaSherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    PepperLime wrote: »

I just watched this. I wish I understood, seems like they're explaining the skills, upgrades and such.

Just a small part of the video, but the animation for "Raging Thrust" (the linear movement aoe attack) reminds me of Saber's Invisible Air attack from the Fate collab event.
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    In the end though, if we're all playing pretend that everyone here is completely, finish-line endgame, the damage difference is not that big anyway.

Heavy emphasis needs to be placed on this point right here. There are clear racial imbalances in regard to stats, but in the end those differences are rather insignificant especially when applied to combat in this game. If an elf and giant with max possible stats are in a party together, they'll either one shot everything in sight or spend ten minutes killing an HP sponge. In the end it literally doesn't matter.

Those chain sounds are. . .ummm. . . annoying?
    SebastianpawcalypsePepperLime
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    edited July 11, 2017
    lmfaooo Look at all them giants complaining about chainslash, no wonder why devcat handed them the ladeca buff

nice to know that devcat continues to favor giants while ignoring humans and elvs
    KakuzenIzzyKuroNekoZeoSherri
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    edited July 11, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    In the end though, if we're all playing pretend that everyone here is completely, finish-line endgame, the damage difference is not that big anyway.

Heavy emphasis needs to be placed on this point right here. There are clear racial imbalances in regard to stats, but in the end those differences are rather insignificant especially when applied to combat in this game. If an elf and giant with max possible stats are in a party together, they'll either one shot everything in sight or spend ten minutes killing an HP sponge. In the end it literally doesn't matter.

Those chain sounds are. . .ummm. . . annoying?

While the stats may be more or less similar end game, don't giants usually get the highest damage modifiers for skills as well as lose less stats for heavy armor? Also their Ladeca buff that seems to be a constant 15% in whatever they want to do if this keeps up. Heck wish they would just revamp the human one, 5% movement speed is pretty useless.
    IzzyKuroNekoZeo
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited July 11, 2017
    Senyuni wrote: »
    lmfaooo Look at all them giants complaining about chainslash, no wonder why devcat handed them the ladeca buff

nice to know that devcat continues to favor giants while ignoring humans and elvs

I tried really hard to stay away from this thread but this post really bothered me. There's not even any giants complaining. Where are you seeing giants complaining?? I only see the elves being upset because devcat added that buff to giants to balance the new skillset due to their 300 dex handicap... and the elves are upset because they wanted to be better than giants at something instead of balanced. and they're also assuming giants will be better at the skillset when there's no hard proof, damage videos or anything to prove it. This is in no way 'favoring' giants and that really annoys me a lot for you to say it

Until I see evidence and proof that giants are better I'm gonna continue saying there's nothing wrong with them including this skillset in might of ladeca. Even if there was proof, there's so many things that could effect damage like potential stats and renown levels... I don't even wanna get into that. but if an elf with level 1 yvona renown and no potential stats ranked is gonna whine later on that a giant (with all of those lvl 50 and more) is 'better' than them then that's their fault for being lazy

One last thing: this is a new skillset that came out directly after the director said he was going to work on racial balancing. of course he is going to try and make it as balanced as possible. wouldn;t he look pretty dumb if he said he was going to work on fixing that and then released a skillset where giants were handicapped by 300 dex?? it's still in the testing stage. I know that a lot of past skillsets were unbalanced by race, but they are working on fixing that through other methods like shine of eweca and potential. it's up to the players to use their potential stats in a way that makes them work
  • TheGreatCalistariusTheGreatCalistarius
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    edited July 11, 2017
    So I don't know who in this thread first mentioned Might of Ladeca adding 15% but that's incorrect, it only adds 10%, unless it got changed at some point but I can't find anything related to that. So considering it was never buffed to 15%, then my math was wrong and after doing it again, I don't think the Giant will come out over Elf in the skill set.

Also, unless it gets changed from test server to main server, the Dex that is obtained from skills is significantly less than the number I had used.

Again it really doesn't matter though, the damage gap between the two is so small, that if you're really going to be mad about 100-1000 extra damage one race is doing, while putting in a lot more effort to do it than your race, you should calm down a little.
    Obsim
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    So I don't know who in this thread first mentioned Might of Ladeca adding 15% but that's incorrect, it only adds 10%, unless it got changed at some point but I can't find anything related to that. So considering it was never buffed to 15%, then my math was wrong and after doing it again, I don't think the Giant will come out over Elf in the skill set.

Also, unless it gets changed from test server to main server, the Dex that is obtained from skills is significantly less than the number I had used.

Again it really doesn't matter though, the damage gap between the two is so small, that if you're really going to be mad about 100-1000 extra damage one race is doing, while putting in a lot more effort to do it than your race, you should calm down a little.

It gets boosted to 15% during the giant revamp.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited July 11, 2017
    EDIT-I LOVE WHEN THE FORUMS POST FOR ME WHEN I'M NOT DONE WRITING IT.
    SirRyu wrote: »
    While the stats may be more or less similar end game, don't giants usually get the highest damage modifiers for skills as well as lose less stats for heavy armor? Also their Ladeca buff that seems to be a constant 15% in whatever they want to do if this keeps up. Heck wish they would just revamp the human one, 5% movement speed is pretty useless.

The whole giant/elf debate has many sides, and some of them have very valid arguments.
    Skill modifiers are going to likely be universal for this set between the races, so that's not valid here.
    Might of Ladeca may or may not be relevant, but since nobody seems to know what the actual buff for that skill is you might as well ignore it if you're trying to drag numbers into this debate.
    Attack Speed from Might isn't going to probably apply well, but hey might as well mention it!
    Breath of Ladeca is actual trash.
    But in the end, I'd like to bring up this from my post again:
    Buffalos wrote: »
    If an elf and giant with max possible stats are in a party together, they'll either one shot everything in sight or spend ten minutes killing an HP sponge. In the end it literally doesn't matter.
    No matter how much you all cry over this, at the end of the day you're going to absolutely destroy everything in this game or be stuck whacking at it for ten minutes because devCAT can't balance the game at all.
    SebastianSherri
    SirRyu wrote: »

It gets boosted to 15% during the giant revamp.

I'd like to know where you got that information from, I can't find it anywhere.
    Buffalos
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Blankeye wrote: »
    DERpAFeVYAA2R8C.jpg

All I care is that G21 is confirmed to be a continuation of the Divine Knights story. Thank you. (/^▽^)/

No its a continuation from the saga, Ruiri die for it.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited July 11, 2017
    well their combat bonus got increased from 10% to 15% during the giant revamp that's for sure... but also 2 different people in a discord I'm in said 15% and they both quoted the same wording from somewhere on the test server. I trust this discord because it's specifically for gathering information on mabi, and they haven't been wrong about anything that I have seen

exact wording from wherever they got it is : "Giants will receive a 15% damage buff for chain slash skills through Might of Ladeca."

the might of ladeca bonus is listed here in the news post for the giant update

http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885394

"[Might of Radeka]
    - Increased melee skill damage from melee combat talents to 10% to 15%."

I hunted that down for you @TheGreatCalistarius sorry it took a bit

@Arjune - I see, my mistake then. Thanks for that!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Man, that part during the... Squire mission thing?
    So chaotic.

Like, what is that?
    Defending Avalon Gate from hordes of corrupted monsters?

Sounds like a bad thing to happen, story-wise.
    Looks cool, though.
    Glad to see the Squires come up again, outside of the Squire System.

Reminds me of that one part during G20, where all those cultists in robes are rushing towards the Gate.

Can't wait to see what G21 is about.
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    You know, to comment in this thread again, too bad the Ace isn't an elf, huh?
    We have 4 human(Starlet, Vate, Druid, Treasure Hunter) and 1 Giant (Culinary Artist), one of which, being the treasure hunter was originally meant to be a female elf.
    Hopefully they look to change her, but seeing how the art is official, and how G21 is (probably) on the test server for KR, it's a shame!

Bright side is what @Liyeta posted.