Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The weekly server merge thread

Comments

• BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    edited July 14, 2017
    idk why everyone is always going on about a server merge, im on one of the low population servers and the lag is already bad as it is, with a giant server merge it will only get worse, the game needs stable servers and better netcode before something like that will be able to do anything but make more lag, furthermore, if you want to be taken seriously, why is this suggestion being posted again and again in the general section, shouldn't you take it to... oh, idk... the suggestions section?
    Danievictria
  • SenpipeSenpipe
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    edited July 15, 2017
    If we go by http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/ and look at populations, we'll have a total population of less than 75% of 1 servers full capacity... With all servers...Really sad. We lose literally nothing if we merg the servers... And gain a giant community. Why is this not even a thing yet? Has there been any official announcement saying no?
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    I wish for a merge of all servers and channels reduced to 1.
    KageitoTheNyanCat
  • SenpipeSenpipe
    Pan wrote: »

Now your just being silly. Do you enjoy trolling? o.o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We've been told by the GM's that there has been no discussion whatsoever for a server merge. Which I think is a lie because of how many server merge threads we have and the constant pestering questions to the GM's. Which leads me to believe...they can't do it. It will never happen.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    No
    KageitoSebastian
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Senpipe wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »

Now your just being silly. Do you enjoy trolling? o.o

Not as bad as you think. It'll bring all the players together. It'll look livelier than the empty Dunbarton that people see nowadays and bring some competition for things such raid finishes, vhm, festia rankings, etc. Tons of parties for shadow missions and dungeons.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited July 15, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    We've been told by the GM's that there has been no discussion whatsoever for a server merge. Which I think is a lie because of how many server merge threads we have and the constant pestering questions to the GM's. Which leads me to believe...they can't do it. It will never happen.

whether they have actually discussed it or not it still may be very possible since other mabi servers have done it. maybe only certain members of the team have been talking about it and Saygo and Nkeona might not have been told anything about it. there could be in number of reasons we don't know about it. hopefully we will get a server merge cause the NA servers are just getting more empty. either way you shouldn't call the GM's liars or assume what they can or can't do cause nobody here knows what they really do when working on mabi.
    SenpipeTheNyanCatFaithrend
  • SenpipeSenpipe
    I guess we gotta push this topic even more if we want something done. 2 Topics a week? ;D
    Faithrend
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited July 15, 2017
    If we go by http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/ and look at populations, we'll have a total population of less than 75% of 1 servers full capacity... With all servers...Really sad. We lose literally nothing if we merg the servers... And gain a giant community. Why is this not even a thing yet? Has there been any official announcement saying no?

I'm not sure I trust that graph thingy at Mabi world. Please hear me out; it often reads that Alexina ch 1 is Full yet only had 70% of its capacity. If a ch is listed as "Full" by the game, then it disallows anyone from entering it (this is still true, right? It was true in the past), which means that 70% can NEVER BE 100% because no additional people can enter.

Please....is this correct? I wish to know. If this IS true, then does this mean that the graph is skewed? If a ch is listed as "Full" by the game, then the graph should read that it as at 100% and not 70%, otherwise it is pointlessly giving hope that you can enter.

Ah...Please is this correct....?
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175

I'm not sure I trust that graph thingy at Mabi world. Please hear me out; it often reads that Alexina ch 1 is Full yet only had 70% of its capacity. If a ch is listed as "Full" by the game, then it disallows anyone from entering it (this is still true, right? It was true in the past), which means that 70% can NEVER BE 100% because no additional people can enter.

Please....is this correct? I wish to know. If this IS true, then does this mean that the graph is skewed? If a ch is listed as "Full" by the game, then the graph should read that it as at 100% and not 70%, otherwise it is pointlessly giving hope that you can enter.

Ah...Please is this correct....?

U can still enter a full channel. The server will just auto-log U onto another channel if it's not possible 2 materialize U in that particular channel. :*
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 16, 2017
    *Sees the thread*
    *Rolls eyes again*

Can't you guys go to Feedback and Suggestions and constantly bump "Server Merge" thread instead of creating useless threads about same thing?
    I suggest thread merge...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 16, 2017
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

whether they have actually discussed it or not it still may be very possible since other mabi servers have done it. maybe only certain members of the team have been talking about it and Saygo and Nkeona might not have been told anything about it. there could be in number of reasons we don't know about it. hopefully we will get a server merge cause the NA servers are just getting more empty. either way you shouldn't call the GM's liars or assume what they can or can't do cause nobody here knows what they really do when working on mabi.

Ok let me rephrase that; They are withholding any information about server merges because they are unable to do it. They withhold a lot of information from us because they are not authorized to speak on the matter in any satisfactory way. Anyone who has been here a while can confirm this.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Doing a server merge would take a lot of time, planning and money. It won't bring in any more money. I think from Nexon's point of view it would be a waste.
    YoorahDanievictria
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I have been supporting all four servers to be merged into one large server for a long time now... so yes... it'd actuall help keep a MMO game like Mabinogi healthy too.
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Doing a server merge would take a lot of time, planning and money. It won't bring in any more money. I think from Nexon's point of view it would be a waste.

Except that if they decide to merge all 4 servers into 1, they'd probably end up saving money in the long run because less things to upkeep with.
  • CelinusCelinus
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    The only reason i want a server merge nowadays is so these threads stop.
    Gretabadnewsbarrett
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Oh look this again oh look there is another thread that was made this week already about this stop making unnecessary clutter but in all seriousness nexon may see it like i do this won't bring in more people so why bother wasting money and time on it that can be used on other things.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Celinus wrote: »
    The only reason i want a server merge nowadays is so these threads stop.

Me too. People are just making server merge threads just to be 'that guy' who has to make it again. Any server merge thread in the general section should just be deleted. :/
    MikuV3Greta
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited July 16, 2017
    People will stop making new thread if server merge thread are merged into one after they are posted.

....But what's the point of suggesting anyway? Do actual developers (people who have authority to make decisions about the game) even read them? We don't even get to talk to them, and CM/GMs can't answer questions because they either don't know or aren't allowed to answer them. This game has no communication whatsoever.
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    This thread again............sigh