Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I need sparkly stuff

LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in Help
Just wanting to gem upgrade my dual guns and I have all the gems except the diamond. Any good methods to obtain? I don't think I can take on any giant crystal golems or such just yet and I feel hunting ancient titled monsters might yield a very low chance of getting the gem I need.
Please and thank you peaches ^^

Comments

• LouisdesnowLouisdesnow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,060
    Buy one from a gem shop for 10k?
    Kensamaofmari
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 24, 2017
    diamonds are pretty much a chance with all methods. there's a way to get 1 cm gems fairly easily but you need to be kinda strong :c The giant red-eye ornata spiders in scathach beach. I was killing them a couple days ago and I got a diamond almost every kill but they are usually only 1c... though somehow I got a 3cm one. Diamonds are kind of a rare chance drop from theater missions, festia boxes, metallurgy, fragmenting echostones.... you might be better off just buying a diamond. they cost about 10k per cm so depending on the size you need you can earn the money to buy one from a few shadow missions
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox

There's a gem shop?!
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited July 24, 2017
    he means a player shop usually on the channel that is Busy.
    Someone most of the time will have a player shop selling gems for some amount. Like when I did it last I had 10cm gems (all but diamonds) for 15k gold a pop
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175

There's a gem shop?!

Are u on mari? Come into my Van Homestead and I'll give u sum of dem blings.
    Kensamaofmari
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited July 24, 2017
    Sometimes you find gems using a metallurgy sieve at Port Qilla, and a few other spots in Iria. Diamond is still a really rare find, though, so you may be looking for hours. Using the music skill Harvest Song and/or panning for gems while it's raining while using the sieve may help your chances, though, since it increases gathering success rates. Diamonds are sometimes given out during events too...or you could buy one off of another player in Dunbarton on your server's commerce channel (Alexina and Ruari: Channel 1, Mari: Chanel 2, Tarlach: Channel 7). People set up their stalls on the city wall on the left-hand side as you arrive by moongate, next to the farmland with all of the scarecrows, haystacks, and potato fields. And, of course, they sometimes are given out as prizes from Festia games like Clobbermeister and Crystal Defender (Play those two if you're going to try, since they actually have single-player enabled. The rest are multi-player only.).
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sometimes you find gems using a metallurgy sieve at Port Qilla, and a few other spots in Iria. Diamond is still a really rare find, though, so you may be looking for hours. Using the music skill Harvest Song and/or panning for gems while it's raining while using the sieve may help your chances, though, since it increases gathering success rates. Diamonds are sometimes given out during events too...or you could buy one off of another player in Dunbarton on your server's commerce channel (Alexina and Ruari: Channel 1, Mari: Chanel 2, Tarlach: Channel 7). People set up their stalls on the city wall on the left-hand side as you arrive by moongate, next to the farmland with all of the scarecrows, haystacks, and potato fields. And, of course, they sometimes are given out as prizes from Festia games like Clobbermeister and Crystal Defender (Play those two if you're going to try, since they actually have single-player enabled. The rest are multi-player only.).

Metallurgy, the unreliable but efficient method of getting ores, and lucky if you get gems.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    hmmm well its not like I need more than one for now so I'll probably just head to dunburton was it? Im in Tarlach so I'll go to ch.7 to take a gander
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    hmmm well its not like I need more than one for now so I'll probably just head to dunburton was it? Im in Tarlach so I'll go to ch.7 to take a gander
    If you're in Tarlach, I can just give you a diamond. I don't mind.