Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabi chat censor FAIL

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
in General Chat
For what ever reason the word "swap" is banned.

Dictionary.com defines swap as
verb (used with object), swapped, swapping.
to exchange, barter, or trade, as one thing for another:
He swapped his wrist watch for the radio.
to substitute (one thing) for another (sometimes followed by in):
Swap in red wine for white, since powerful nutrients are in the red grape's skin.
to replace (one thing) with another (sometimes followed by out):
To cut down on fat, swap cream for milk.
verb (used without object), swapped, swapping.
to make an exchange.
noun
an exchange:
He got the radio in a swap.

Why?!!!!?????????????
Sherripawcalypse

Comments

• dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    dont think anyone could possibly give a good reason for this archaic abomination known as the nexon chat censor. All nexon games are like this
    badnewsbarrett
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Y'know what I find funny is that some words are censored, yet you can still put them in your username... Where's the logic in that?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I clicked on this thread and knew what it was gonna say.
    Swap.

OHNO DONT BAN ME PLS :(
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited July 31, 2017
    I love when the NPC's say banned words, and they have **** in their chat dialog.

Swap prolly has 3 letters that form a derogatory term in some culture.
    I remember in one game many years ago (forgot its name) that I played the word mountain was banned which is funny as it was a team game where you had to shoot over mountains... was fun telling people shoot over the 3rd pointy thing, or to move up the pointy thing. Turned out 3 letters in mountain were part of a Chinese derogatory term for ppl in Taiwan...
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Twinkie is banned, too. :S
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Probably because it has 'twink' in the name lol
  • SherriSherri
    lidiya wrote: »
    I love when the NPC's say banned words, and they have **** in their chat dialog.

My friend got falsely banned a week ago for cussing at somebody, who was being very rude to us first.

Whole story if anyone cares;
    We were gonna try out Peaca Abyss so we made up a party. Some kid came running in and joined. Cool, a third person. Then he started to tell us that we could start it, boasting how he could solo Peaca Abyss. We wanted to run the dungeon to make new friends, not be carried, so we disagreed. He left the party and just sat down and watched us (creepy!). He asked if he could even be in the party and we said no because he ran in and was rude to us. My friend said that he could solo it in his free time. Then he started to act really rude to us and even opened up his own party and sat literally right next to us. People came in and started to join his party because he boasted how he could solo the dungeon and how he's much more powerful than us.. and then my friend snapped. Called him some * words and told me we were switching back to our usual channel.

Turns out he started noting her and told her how he was gonna report. Since Nexon never cared before, we just shrugged it off and I comforted my friend. Turns out she got banned for three days, didn't even bother asking for her side of the story.. and you know why? Because the dumb kid who reported her spend thousands of dollars and hours on the game so he is automatically so much better and gets Nexon's attention right away. After that.. well, we are so done with people. /endrant

NPCs swear? aw *(&*(%^&*%*&%^*& yeah.
    lol

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    sorry about your situation Sherri :(

Players are just straight up cancer just because they can be, abusing there status as Paying consumers over truth and right.

Just know that is how Nexon had always been, which is why i avoid toxic players else they would prob drag me into a misunderstanding that Nexon will only favor the ones who pay over those who don't.
    Sherri
    Sherri wrote: »

My friend got falsely banned a week ago for cussing at somebody, who was being very rude to us first.

We were gonna try out Peaca Abyss so we made up a party. Some kid came running in and joined. Cool, a third person. Then he started to tell us that we could start it, boasting how he could solo Peaca Abyss. We wanted to run the dungeon to make new friends, not be carried, so we disagreed. He left the party and just sat down and watched us (creepy!). He asked if he could even be in the party and we said no because he ran in and was rude to us. My friend said that he could solo it in his free time. Then he started to act really rude to us and even opened up his own party and sat literally right next to us. People came in and started to join his party because he boasted how he could solo the dungeon and how he's much more powerful than us.. and then my friend snapped. Called him some * words and told me we were switching back to our usual channel.

Turns out he started noting her and told her how he was gonna report. Since Nexon never cared before, we just shrugged it off and I comforted my friend. Turns out she got banned for three days, didn't even bother asking for her side of the story.. and you know why? Because the dumb kid who reported her spend thousands of dollars and hours on the game so he is automatically so much better and gets Nexon's attention right away. After that.. well, we are so done with people. /endrant

lol

As far as I'm aware, Nexon doesn't ask for the other person's story when they're reported. And while what that person did was entirely rude, your friend was in the wrong and should've known better. If cursing is against the rules, of course they're going to get banned for it, it has nothing to do with him being someone who pays. Now if that guy was doing the same and saying things he shouldn't have been, your friend should've reported him back :/
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Thanks guys! Sorry to throw the thread off track. :p
    I mean, was about language/filters/etc..
    Sherri wrote: »

lol

As far as I'm aware, Nexon doesn't ask for the other person's story when they're reported. And while what that person did was entirely rude, your friend was in the wrong and should've known better. If cursing is against the rules, of course they're going to get banned for it, it has nothing to do with him being someone who pays. Now if that guy was doing the same and saying things he shouldn't have been, your friend should've reported him back :/

I tried to tell her that she shouldn't of swore then but she was too ticked off to listen and then was sad about what she did and really regret it. x_x
    Though Now that she is back in the game, she's not swearing at jerks anymore ^^

badnewsbarrett
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    the censors include some pretty old stuff from way out there
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited July 31, 2017
    I wish that there were an option to not have the censor active on your side of the client.
    So if others had it on, they'd still see "***" but for you and anyone else who had it off would see things unfiltered.

Also yeah, I think Gordon, the chef in Emain Macha says something that gets censored as part of his dialogue.
    Probably "bastard" or something.
    Which I guess is worse when used in that context, but there's a sword called a "Bastard Sword" in-game anyways, so it's like whatever.
    I remember when the Ogre Warriors in Barri used to say that, but they changed it to "otherless dogs" at some point.
    Sherri
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited July 31, 2017
    One of my favorite censored words is missionary.
    badnewsbarrettSherri
    edited July 31, 2017
    aeternitis wrote: »

This literally made me laugh out loud omfg.

I'm pretty sure the word "lesbian" is banned too... Which is super weird to me, because you can marry other females in game...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Pffff... I saw even more funny words being censored for no reason...
    Remember back when Grand Chase was still alive, for some reason the word "maplestory" was censored. No one could explain me why the word that comes from a pretty popular game (back in 2008-2010 Maplestory was really popular, i tried it myself, but after like 3 days i got bored of it and never logged in again loool) is being censored there, meanwhile other games who were even more popular than Maplestory weren't filtered.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    aeternitis wrote: »

This literally made me laugh out loud omfg.

I'm pretty sure the word "lesbian" is banned too... Which is super weird to me, because you can marry other females in game...

Yuri is banned.
    [Deleted User]
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I wish that there were an option to not have the censor active on your side of the client.
    So if others had it on, they'd still see "***" but for you and anyone else who had it off would see things unfiltered.

Also yeah, I think Gordon, the chef in Emain Macha says something that gets censored as part of his dialogue.
    Probably "bastard" or something.
    Which I guess is worse when used in that context, but there's a sword called a "Bastard Sword" in-game anyways, so it's like whatever.
    I remember when the Ogre Warriors in Barri used to say that, but they changed it to "otherless dogs" at some point.

There was a time when we couldn't say "Bastard Sword" so we all called them Bswords(this has since been fixed)
    But I do recall during the ban era Tarlach said it a few times without being censored.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Anyone remember when the word "Bloody" was banned?
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I remember how in Dragon Nest the number 4.9 was censored.

Just recently, it was because of someone on our Mari server.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    I remember how in Dragon Nest the number 4.9 was censored.

Just recently, it was because of someone on our Mari server.

What, did someone go around calling everyone a bunch of twinkies or something?