Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

In coming event.

AngelBishimirAngelBishimir
Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
in General Chat
Hmmmm.... What kind of event could be this time?

The last post I did about this the Mission Point Won so comment your ideas.

I vote hot time or some afk thing.

Comments

• PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    the giant one i guess
  • AellAell
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,070
    They mentioned something of a Watermeon Event, similar to the one we had last year but with two new rewards. Or was it for the next week?
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the revamped watermelon event, I haven't watched the stream yet to see what the new prizes are.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's gotta be the event where you're meant to level up a Giant.
    Only Giant characters can register at Joe, but they're giving us a free Giant character card as a bonus, so everyone will be able to participate with that one at least.

And if they're adding the Watermelon Event alongside it, more power to them.
    Wonder what's gonna drop from it this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited August 3, 2017
    Event 1: Every account gets a premium giant card (this is incase people lack a giant character to do the actual event.
    Event 2: Pick a giant main to participate. Every hundred levels you gain (up to 500) gets you two rewards. (You must level up during the event period, being total 500+ at the start will not automatically finish the event, but you will be able to level easier)
    One reward is a crystal that you can transfer across account that gives you the exact exp required (assumption) to reach level a certain level. ( IIRC in the stream, they said the level 500 crystal gets you up to level 140.)
    The other reward is unknown, but Saygo hinted that one of the rewards is an Ace Outfit Bag, which lets you select any Ace outfit set you want.
    Event 3: Steal the watermelon (CTF), which if its like the previous iteration, just gives event titles.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Spy wrote: »
    Event 1: Every account gets a premium giant card (this is incase people lack a giant character to do the actual event.
    Event 2: Pick a giant main to participate. Leveling up this giant character to total level 100, 200, 300, 400, 500(max) gets you two things.
    One reward is a crystal that you can transfer across account that gives you the exact exp required (assumption) to reach level a certain level. ( IIRC in the stream, they said the level 500 crystal gets you up to level 140.)
    The other reward is unknown, but Saygo hinted that one of the rewards is an Ace Outfit Bag, which lets you select any Ace outfit set you want.
    Event 3: Steal the watermelon (CTF), which if its like the previous iteration, just gives event titles.

So we get a special event character card just so that everyone starts at level 1 for the event? Or do you just automatically finish if you have a total 10k giant that you already use for everything and get the best crystal?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Sylek wrote: »
    Spy wrote: »
    Event 2: Pick a giant main to participate. Leveling up this giant character to total level 100, 200, 300, 400, 500(max) gets you two things.

So we get a special event character card just so that everyone starts at level 1 for the event? Or do you just automatically finish if you have a total 10k giant that you already use for everything and get the best crystal?

The event is about GAINING levels, not about BEING a certain level.

You don't have to participate on a new Giant, it can be a Giant you already have, but it has to be a Giant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Ah, yes it should be leveling 500 times, not getting to level 500 total. That's my mistake. I'm going to edit my original post so that no one else misreads that, but thanks for pointing that out.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Leveling 500 times with a level 1 giant on a new character would be a nightmare though because he's weak af..............
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 3, 2017
    ShouK wrote: »
    Leveling 500 times with a level 1 giant on a new character would be a nightmare though because he's weak af..............

Not that big of a problem. Just do tutorial, get free stuff, do generations, get more free stuff and repeat generations/other missions up until you realize that your Giant leveled 500 times already. Also, you can invite friends, guildies, family members (irl ones or just Mabi ones) to log in as Giants too and experience something new and challenging together!
    After thinking about this, i legit started to feel excited lol.
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Greta wrote: »

Not that big of a problem. Just do tutorial, get free stuff, do generations, get more free stuff and repeat generations/other missions up until you realize that your Giant leveled 500 times already. Also, you can invite friends, guildies, family members (irl ones or just Mabi ones) to log in as Giants too and experience something new and challenging together!
    After thinking about this, i legit started to feel excitement lol.

Don't forget about free daily rebirths.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    As someone who is currently playing a giant, the leveling event is nice to see.
    Also a free character card to turn into bank space.

Those levels and items will be nice as well.
    I was actually in need of a lot of AP and was worried I wouldn't have enough to rank up enough skills to fully use the revamp.
    This event should help fix that for me.
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Nilrem wrote: »
    As someone who is currently playing a giant, the leveling event is nice to see.
    Also a free character card to turn into bank space.

Those levels and items will be nice as well.
    I was actually in need of a lot of AP and was worried I wouldn't have enough to rank up enough skills to fully use the revamp.
    This event should help fix that for me.

Don't forget there's another 2x AP event coming up soon.
    I would save your auto-level crystals from the giant event for that weekend.
    NilremHumiliatingSherri
  • ShouKShouK
    Greta wrote: »
    After thinking about this, i legit started to feel excited lol.
    I guess that might be exciting for old players. For me personally, I have just literally completed all generations today (minus the one I skipped) and really don't want to go through all that again... I guess I'll just rebirth everytime I reach level 50 or something lol
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 3, 2017
    Roodles wrote: »

Pretty sure you only get daily rebirths if your account is still in beginner mode.... unless they add in a daily rb event
    GretaSherri
  • AptApt
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    Arjune wrote: »

Pretty sure you only get daily rebirths if your account is still in beginner mode.... unless they add in a daily rb event

Really, because from what I saw people still have the Moonlight Traveler Book on their sub 1000 alts even when their main character is 1000+. So I assume they also get daily rebirths.
  • ShouKShouK
    Apt wrote: »

Really, because from what I saw people still have the Moonlight Traveler Book on their sub 1000 alts even when their main character is 1000+. So I assume they also get daily rebirths.
    I think it's because they created their alts before the main character exceed 1k. I remember someone said the alt that was created when there's already a 1k+ character in his account did not get the moon book.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Apt wrote: »

I think it's because they created their alts before the main character exceed 1k. I remember someone said the alt that was created when there's already a 1k+ character in his account did not get the moon book.

well I can say I created an alt on my account a few months back(for storage), and never got that book I even went through a few gen quests for the rewards.
  • RoodlesRoodles

Wow, you're right. What a hilariously massive oversight.
    Even if you rebirth twice during the event (2 weeks), and hit level 200 both times, you're still unable to hit 500.

I guess your only option would be to spam enough high levels to get potions from the potential system.

Huh. GG.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Yup, why I said they give us no time whatsoever to level up our giants.
    It takes until 1k total level just to unlock potential. > >
    Giving us a giant premium card either way was useless.