Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why the crystals?!

LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited August 3, 2017 in General Chat
Did I miss something recent? Why is it that every single chest, boss item drop, etc (exaggeration of course but not by much) are these elemental crystals? Earth crystal, water crystal, fireball crystal, ice spear etc etc etc... At first I thought, "Hey! Neato. Imma sell you for bank." Aaaaaaand it was worthless....
Am I just not selling them to the right person? Or are they actually worthless with the exception of using them for a skill I guess? Im assuming they're for the alchemist/cylinder idk stuff. Plus I see kiosks with TONS of these buggers so they gotta be worth SOMETHING? Right?
Its just such a let down going through so much effort to beat a boss or get the keys for chest etc when the reward is meh...
Just gimme gems or gold i dont want your stank crystals or your lemons! I don't like lemoncrystalaid
blegh...

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yep.

Getting something nice from the endchest means you had good luck.

The elemental crystals are only useful to alchemists.
    But they're sold at NPCs, so it's not like there's a market for them to sell to other players.

The Adv magic crystals... I wouldn't even say those are useful even if you were an alchemist.
    Vimi
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    edited August 3, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Yep.

But they're sold at NPCs, so it's not like there's a market for them to sell to other players.

The Adv magic crystals... I wouldn't even say those are useful even if you were an alchemist.

Still a shame how adv magic crystals are so weak now

They need revamp, such as maybe adding the option of one day dualcasting int spells, with wand+guardcylinder or at least make them hit something besides 1s
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Yep.

That actually reminds me of a curiosity I had a while ago: It seems when you level up it just levels all yours stats a smidge and leveling up specific stats requires leveling up certain skills. In all honesty I just want to level up my luck T~T How I do dis?
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Yep.

That actually reminds me of a curiosity I had a while ago: It seems when you level up it just levels all yours stats a smidge and leveling up specific stats requires leveling up certain skills. In all honesty I just want to level up my luck T~T How I do dis?

Here's a list of skills that give luck.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Did I miss something recent? Why is it that every single chest, boss item drop, etc (exaggeration of course but not by much) are these elemental crystals? Earth crystal, water crystal, fireball crystal, ice spear etc etc etc... At first I thought, "Hey! Neato. Imma sell you for bank." Aaaaaaand it was worthless....
    Am I just not selling them to the right person? Or are they actually worthless with the exception of using them for a skill I guess? Im assuming they're for the alchemist/cylinder idk stuff. Plus I see kiosks with TONS of these buggers so they gotta be worth SOMETHING? Right?
    Its just such a let down going through so much effort to beat a boss or get the keys for chest etc when the reward is meh...
    Just gimme gems or gold i dont want your stank crystals or your lemons! I don't like lemoncrystalaid
    blegh...

You want gems? Run Theatre Missions. That's about all they give.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited August 4, 2017
    Raishii wrote: »

Here's a list of skills that give luck.
    And here's a bunch of other ways to get luck

merchant talent + age 10 (as a human) gives you 1.5 luck per level for a whopping 298.5 luck at level 200.
    skills and talents will give you 183.
    You can probably get an additional 200+ from divine link with a level 200 pet.
    Five star catering + rank 1 tasting can get you 209 luck without cooking (Vanalen's Shrimp Bruschetta (3star) (5 star version would give you 264 luck))
    potential can add an extra 35ish
    total: 925.5

for enchants:
    fortunate thief 40+10
    gathering thief 35+10
    suprising thief 25+10 x2
    ancient monster 20 + 20
    lucky bandit(es) 15 + 25
    total: 1170.5

max roll lucky rabbit feets 15 x2
    colton's handkerchief : 21
    alban emblem: 25
    total: 1246.5

shine of eweca 40k total (191.4) <- this ignores stat cap
    total: 1437.9

titles: +60 ( theres a few that give +30 )

total: 1497.9

Theres also weapon enchants, but I didn't add those because you could be gathering herbs or something /shrug
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    That's right. 98% of Shadow mission/Peaca abyss/Coil abyss rewards are useless alchemy crystals.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    They should revamp the prizes you get. :/
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

You want gems? Run Theatre Missions. That's about all they give.

They also frequently drop from Festia boxes. Can also get them by fragmenting unused echostones. (Also get echostone suppliments which you can NPC for 5k each.)
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    If you want gems you can open every boxes that the game gives like event boxes, squire boxes, festia boxes etc... that's all they ever gives
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    I was saying gems as an example XD I Don't really care what the prize is so long as it's worth the time I put into mission but thanks for all the gem suggestions lol
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    even gems aren't worth the time I put into a mission. I literally throw them on the floor
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Maybe they mistook you for a Light Warrior. :P