Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blessing Equips

KryoKryo
Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
in Help
Soooo is blessing equips just totally useless now? I thought that if you blessed a weapon and went to repair it, if they failed one point, it just took the blessing away, but didn't lower the durability. Is this gone now? Because I just repaired my weapon and after 1 point failing, I'm missing that durability. :c

Comments

• DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Nah if the NPC fails 1 point, 1 point of max durability gets taken off AND the blessing is removed too.
    Blessings are just to decrease the rate of durability loss and add a small amount of success rate for repairs.

Eg. Blessed knuckles have 13/15 dura
    Take knuckles to an NPC and click repair 1 point
    NPC fails to repair 1 point
    Knuckles now have 13/14 dura and are no longer blessed

If you use a repair protection potion on a weapon though, it will protect the max durability on failed repairs one time.

Eg. Blessed knuckles have 13/15 dura and repair protection potion used on it
    Take knuckles to an NPC and click repair 1 point
    NPC fails to repair 1 point
    Knuckles still have 13/15 dura but are no longer blessed

Eg. Blessed knuckles have 10/15 dura and repair protection potion used on it
    Take knuckles to an NPC and click repair ALL points
    NPC fails to repair 3 points but succeeds 2
    Knuckles now have 12/13 dura but are no longer blessed
    ZincathonNasumiRayne
  • KryoKryo
    Blech, gross. :c
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    edited December 27, 2016
    It's always been that way though :^) To be precise, an item that is blessed adds 1% success rate to repairs.
  • KryoKryo
    Hm, I must be remembering wrong then, because I could have sworn way back in the day it used to be different. But then again, I just started playing again about 4 months ago after not being on for about 5 years, so yeah haha. :x
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited December 27, 2016
    [quote=Zincathon]
    Zincathon
    Zincathon said:

It's always been that way though :^) To be precise, an item that is blessed adds 1% success rate to repairs.
    [/quote]
    It depends on the base success rate though. A Ferghus repair (90%) with a blessing yields a net 95% success whereas an Edern repair (98%) yeilds 99% with blessing. There is info regarding this in the wiki for future reference. :)

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Blessing

[quote=Shii]
    Shii said:

... I just started playing again about 4 months ago after not being on for about 5 years, so yeah haha. :x
    [/quote]
    Welcome back to Mabinogi. :) What server are you on? I returned a few months ago myself after 5 years as well.

• KryoKryo
    Thanks! Welcome back, to you too! I'm on Mari, when I joined, it was the same server a friend I met on Maplestory was joining. :p
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    [quote=Shii]
    Shii said:

Thanks! Welcome back, to you too! I'm on Mari, when I joined, it was the same server a friend I met on Maplestory was joining. :p
    [/quote]
    Ah, I'm Nasumirayne on Mari so if you ever see me be sure to say hi. Note me if you wish to add me - I need to make room on a per person basis. :(

Kryo