Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FIXED] Rafting Displacement Issue

XCalibieXCalibie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
edited June 14, 2018 in Archived Bugs
This was mentioned in the Discord server earlier, and since the old report vanished along with the old forums, I suppose I could make a new one.

The player occasionally gets displaced during Rafting, which is most noticeable while using Thunder.
This also happens when using bows, but it can't really be seen as attempting to use your ranged skills will just use them rather than correct your location.
Some people have it worse, some have it better. At the very least it is already a lot more responsive than it used to be, but still glitchy sometimes.

Reproducability: Medium-High
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a party and rent a Raft.
2. Attempt to hit distant targets with Thunder (or Ranged Attacks at 100% aim rate).
3. Player gets displaced.

Video Timestamps of the issue:

03:03
03:48
06:15
06:34
08:21

You may also notice that it is not possible to cancel your skill for a few seconds after the displacement occurs, this can be seen during the first displacement at timestamp 03:03.

IGN: XSnowie
Server: Tarlach
[Deleted User]

Comments

• KadalynKadalyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    I'm pretty sure I've also been skill-locked without displacement, so I think they may be separate issues? It probably happens more with displacement because the mobs usually end up out of your range afterwards. But yeah, super long-standing issue which is hopefully part of what they're looking into when they said they're looking into displacement during the chain slash livestream.
  • tachiorztachiorz
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    edited August 11, 2017
    Kadalyn wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've also been skill-locked without displacement, so I think they may be separate issues?
    I believe it's the same issue. Most probably, because of network delay character get displacement, when character tries to fire ranged skill - it succeeds on the server side but fails on client side because of wrong range, server and client now have disagreement and character gets locked up until timeout.
    And I think devcat already working on this http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/5518/confirmed-g21-this-winter-kr/p1
  • KadalynKadalyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    It certainly doesn't succeed on the server, cause they don't die and I don't get more stars. If I'm lucky, I'm able to hit them for real after cancelling, on rare occasion, usually with warriors who super jump.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Damn, I remember when this problem started. One day in late 2012, Mabi went down for maint+patch and when it came back up I was never able to raft efficiently again. Then my rafting buddy quit playing.

If I had known it would last this long I would have written the date down somewhere lol
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Its been that way for about 5 years. When they made all the changes and haven t fixed it yet probably never will seeing as its been this long already.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Forwarded.
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    This really old issue suddenly getting forward makes me hopeful that a fix is coming soon!

I hope that's the case, anyways.
    [Deleted User]
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Eralea wrote: »
    Damn, I remember when this problem started. One day in late 2012, Mabi went down for maint+patch and when it came back up I was never able to raft efficiently again. Then my rafting buddy quit playing.

If I had known it would last this long I would have written the date down somewhere lol

I think the problem was caused when they nerfed the elf and changed all the skills to have cool downs
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    This may have been fixed with today's Position lag fix. Please let me know if it still occurs