Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best Way To Rank Fighter Skills?

HowenhiemHowenhiem
Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
edited August 10, 2017 in Help
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  1. am i too lazy to just find out myself and want someone to tell me?13 votes
    1. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)yes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
       62% (8 votes)
    2. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)fight me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
       38% (5 votes)

Comments

• RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Besides training pots, I don't see how there could be a best way to train Fighter. The skill requirements are straight forward enough for even a five-year-old to follow...
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited August 11, 2017
    I remember spending most of my time training Fighter at Scathach as the mob there don't die in just 1 or 2 hits and at the Lions for the critical hit requirements.

Currently ranking my leftover fighter skills: Tumble, Respite and Chain: Counter Punch. They are a huge grind for me even with 16x training and Respite has a long cooldown. They don't have training pots either..I think I'm just gonna R1 Respite and Tumble to R2 if I'm not lazy and just gonna use event training seals if we have future events giving them out since these skills aren't even important lmao
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Just spam the skills. Probably the most painful skills to rank are Respite and Tumble. Just try to use those skills as much as possible, when opportunity comes. Other skills are easy to rank, just use fighter in every dungeon and SM you run (if you know that you can handle it) or just take ShouK suggestion if you are already very strong so Scathach monsters will come in handy since they don't die in 2 hits.
    Danievictria
  • HowenhiemHowenhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    Raishii wrote: »
    Besides training pots, I don't see how there could be a best way to train Fighter. The skill requirements are straight forward enough for even a five-year-old to follow...

Thanks for the ugly personality no one asked for you to reveal, but the quickest way without TP's is to use a tendering potion and use the skills on barriers like the ones in Provocation. thanks for trying to act like a know it all it was entertaining.
    giphy.gif
    GFK
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    I got my... Friend... To help train it for me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Howenhiem wrote: »

Thanks for the ugly personality no one asked for you to reveal, but the quickest way without TP's is to use a tendering potion and use the skills on barriers like the ones in Provocation. thanks for trying to act like a know it all it was entertaining.
    giphy.gif

You cannot train pummel with barrier spikes :v
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited August 11, 2017
    Howenhiem wrote: »

giphy.gif

You misunderstood my post. My post is saying that the training requirements are so simple to the point that there can be no "best way" to train the skills. It would be like asking for advice on the best way to train Smash.
    TheNyanCatXiokun
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Why would you even use a tendering pot? You can train skills regardless of CP, unless the skill specifically requires you to attack/defeat mobs of a certain level. You can train pretty much all of the active fighter skills at raccoons until you reach rank 2 (when it asks you to beat oddly specific mobs)
    And for fighter, the only cp requirement is knuckle mastery, and barrier spikes would still be a horrible place to train knuckles due to the fact that you have to defeat mobs.
    You only use tendering potions on barrier spikes to add weapon proficiency.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Best way play the game using the skills. Seriously they rank up pretty decently outside tumble, and respite which are just annoying to rank up(get them to 30, and AP train them the rest IMO)
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I feel the best way to train fighter skills is to pick something with a high amount of HP and not a lot of heavy stander to reduce the chance of the enemy breaking out of your chains. :)
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    The boss of Math Music works for all the skills except pummel.
    Tumble you just hit the boss, use tumble and repeat.
    For Respite you reduce your HP to deadly (can be done with PvP) and use the skill. Cancel it instantly so nothing is recovered and it still counts.

For Pummel you can kill foxes as the kill shot requirement. For the requirement to use the last hit you can fight the boss of Fomor Attack on basic; without lowering his protection you will deal only 1s and on basic he probably will only deal 1s back to you. Pummel might be easier to just use in battle.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    saga ep7 walls, dorren and the music dungeon, finish stage 3 skills before stage 2, derank knuckle mastery or dont train it at all until you are done with stage 2 and 3, thats all i can remember pretty much.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    yall wrong, best way is on frail green kiwis

they take 1 damage, survive long enough to be pummelled and you can still get kill reqs

bonus points if ancient
    Greta