Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tuned Instruments

Comments

• LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited December 29, 2016
    Zerukan
    Zerukan said:

If you check the Bard Bulletin Board, if an instrument has a star next to it that means it's a tuned/festival version of that instrument. Then, when you play it's preview you'll hear what it'll sound like and its completely different.

I'm not sure if Tuned Mandos and Festival Mandos are the same however, but Tuned instruments sound completely different from their normal counterparts. I guess is this is their entire overhaul of the music sound system aka tuned instruments.
    as far as I know, tuned mandolins don't exist, period.

Someone compared "tuned flutes" to a "wind violin", in the way that it sounds -really- good for violin covers of songs. I enjoyed the comparison that we had for tuned whistle vs regular whistle too.

But then there's the cello and the violin. There's no difference at all from tuned to regular violin, or from broken cello to tuned broken cello (or the differences are so light that my music retarded ears cannot listen to it).

Which makes me think that maybe, the reason "cello" is broken, was because the "tuned" cello replaced the regular cello files (somehow). Likewise, instead of adding a new violin, they probably used the "regular" violin for both.

Of course that's me hoping that the fix is simple, and not a complex issue...