Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Archery missing more than hitting

KelikuKeliku
Mabinogi Rep: 410
edited August 19, 2017 in Help
I have been trying to do the Advancement Test for Magnum Shot and I keep missing 3 shots in a row and almost every other shot. I am a "Great" archer and have switched between the Salvation bow and the Demonic Infinite Bow. I also rebirthed before my last two attempts with the Archery talent. I miss frequently in dungeons as well, but not as much as during the Advancement Test. Anyone have any advice on if this is an item or stats problem or what I could do to not miss so much? Thank you.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Stand at point blank range if it's possible.
    The multi-aggro might be tough though.

Also, if you haven't learned Urgent Shot, do that, and use it any time you miss in the Dan test.

It's not an item or stat problem, as when you're in the Test, your stats and items are changed to Test-only versions.
    The most important things, and also the only thing that's carried into the test, are the ranks of all the allowed skills in the test.

Good luck.
    Keliku
  • NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Archery in game is very influenced by lag, your connection, and even video settings (to an extent).
    Go watch some of the Youtube videos of players using archery with a fast/lagless connection, and you'll see what I mean.

All I can suggest is practice, and lots of it. I've been playing since very early open beta, and archery has always been a bit of a mess (especially if you do not have an excellent connection, and the servers are mis-behaving. ).

Knowing what the expanding/contracting aiming ring means may help. Trying to shoot when it's towards the extreme outer or inner points works the best for me.
    Be aware that "100% " aim means nothing. You can have 100% aim, and miss 100% of the time (Mabi-math was the old term for it).

Crash shot then using mag on the survivors seems to be the trick most are using to get through the Dan exam.
    KelikuKokoro