Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Human archery few questions

ShufflinShufflin
Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
in Help
As someone who main a giant mage i decided to start a human i didnt like the idea of so many people using giants just for its full swing which overall which made me dislike it. (no offense)

I was wondering can archery still do decent dmg to get through alot of the content?

Since archery been through an renovation what made it better overall?

Crossbows any good anymore and why?

As a backup weapon is a sword and shield a decent backup weapon? I'm not much into dual wielding i always liked s/s in rpgs.

Is ranking refining alot easier now?

What other skills should i concentrate on?

Comments

• NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Focus on life skills that raise dexterity, before going too far into archery skills.

Archery is a support skill for the most part. Unless you live right next door to the servers, you'll never have a good enough connection to make it a stand-alone, so have a backup combat or offensive magic skill. A sword and shield works fine and carried me through years of trying to make archery work.

The only "renovation" I've noticed is adding cooldown times to some formerly spammable skills. Not much of an improvement to me.

Crossbows/Arbalests are quick, but you need stand-off distance at first.

Dual gun has in many ways made archery obsolete.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Archery damage without reforges is fine but not super impressive. It also takes a fair amount of effort to get high dex as it comes mainly from life skills. If you feel like using reforges (not everyone likes them and that's fine) then it's a powerhouse. Otherwise you'll find archery slower than other talents.

The archery renovation didn't make too many grand changes.

Urgent Shot is a welcome addition which lets you fire a 100% accurate shot immediately upon missing which pushes the enemy back and gives a small aiming bonus to your next shot.

You can now run with skills (Magnum Shot, Crash Shot etc) loaded using crossbows. They have all been updated to have piercing (ignores a small part of the enemy's defence and protection) on them by default.

Sword and shield is fine but I'd recommend picking up an AOE talent because archery is only very effective 1v1.

Refining is easier in the way that it doesn't require you to fail anymore. You can rank it with just successes if you want to. Otherwise it's still grindy in the way that you need a ton of ores.
  • iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    Shufflin wrote: »
    As someone who main a giant mage i decided to start a human i didnt like the idea of so many people using giants just for its full swing which overall which made me dislike it. (no offense)

I was wondering can archery still do decent dmg to get through alot of the content?

Since archery been through an renovation what made it better overall?

Crossbows any good anymore and why?

As a backup weapon is a sword and shield a decent backup weapon? I'm not much into dual wielding i always liked s/s in rpgs.

Is ranking refining alot easier now?

What other skills should i concentrate on?

I've done no talents except archery for almost a decade, don't bother I regret the time and money I've wasted on this game.