Check out the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Stardust Part 1 update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/67802/stardust-part-1-patch-notes-july-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan effects, Show them off!

Rose55Rose55
Mabinogi Rep: 690
Posts: 3
Member
edited August 23, 2017 in General Chat
So I am pretty sure I am not the only one wondering what all the dan effects are so I made a post for everyone to show them off! Feel free to add yours.

Assault slash : Adds a bigger impact
52747ef5a2bdfe2bf81bc05193688b2c-dbl2dr3.png

Counter: Adds a force cone to the counter
945e2183ed42a62eb01ca22ee9709430-dbl2dra.png

Defense: Adds an energy shield
cbab8c3eca83a889fc910b92b8822c3c-dbl2dre.png

Ice Spear: I think it makes the ice bigger?
5b28770c203918758c1d7619e4029bc2-dbl2drg.png

Smash: Adds a shockwave around you? Update: The effect is based on the weapon you are using
a8f877d6856e94a790e150160b2d9d6f-dbl2drl.png

Thunder: Is now Dark Thunder!
dfb7d7e83570fb996e796e97bbaa304e-dbl2drq.png
KokoroGretaVimiPolicromaGravitronSherriAstralBlueHawkleaf

Comments

  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Posts: 667
    Member
    heh, some of those are pretty neat. guess I should put in some effort to dan my skills
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Healing: Golden sparkles raining down~
    tlDM6d4.jpg?1
    GretaRose55VimiClovis15KokoroImaizumiSherriAstralBlueAellHawkleaf
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Posts: 42
    Member
    They look nice but what about the stats? How strong are they compared to just normal rank 1 and do they give any stat increases? Its the main reason I never bothered because too lazy. Kind of sucks since I had a few of my skills already at rank 1 100% a few times before but since no 1 did the test back then, I just ended up reseting my skills for other talents.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Posts: 213
    Member
    All the more reason to keep at it!
  • logomyegologomyego
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    Posts: 23
    Member
    I don't have a screenie but Lightning Rod is dark like Thunder
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,630
    Posts: 6,931
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Disclaimer: None of the bears were actually killed in the making of these screenshots. o:)
    AtaraxizTabari
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    The effect of smash actually only shows up when using a weapon along with the smash extra effect showing up.
    A personal favorite being the axe effect.
    SncLQvH.png
    Rose55VimiKokoroAell
  • Rose55Rose55
    Mabinogi Rep: 690
    Posts: 3
    Member
    Hold wrote: »
    They look nice but what about the stats? How strong are they compared to just normal rank 1 and do they give any stat increases? Its the main reason I never bothered because too lazy. Kind of sucks since I had a few of my skills already at rank 1 100% a few times before but since no 1 did the test back then, I just ended up reseting my skills for other talents.

    Stats: No they just power up the skill it self. E.x Thunder gets plus 5 min and 27 max damage for the thunder , the little prebolt gets 1 min and 2 max. The wiki has been updated for these stats for more details
    I kind of wanted to see all the effect changes as I love some of the effect changes.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    Hold wrote: »
    They look nice but what about the stats? How strong are they compared to just normal rank 1 and do they give any stat increases? Its the main reason I never bothered because too lazy. Kind of sucks since I had a few of my skills already at rank 1 100% a few times before but since no 1 did the test back then, I just ended up reseting my skills for other talents.

    As stated above, skills get powered up with dan ranks, allowing them to be far more effective.
    And I mean a LOT more effective. Smash dans as a giant are BROKEN.

    You may not get any stats, but having an attack gain say, a 40% increase in power per dan rank...
    Well, damage percents add up fast. So if you have any favorite skills that can be Dan'd, dan them.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,210
    Posts: 80
    Member
    The wiki has updated info, but I had a paste bin for this before that was all done. Enjoy.
    https://pastebin.com/ZfSnG1HR
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,255
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    edited August 24, 2017
    Only difference I saw with Ice Spear was the loaded animation was different.

    Non-dan has a faint, tight swirl around the spear itself.
    4744aba163.png


    Dan has a more defined, looser swirl around the spear.
    e1a0568a91.png


    Haven't noticed any difference in ice size on enemies frozen though.
    Kokoro
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Posts: 42
    Member
    Thanks all, didn't know the wiki had updated all the skills. So for life/producton skills like Potion Making, the success rate increases with each Dan? If so by how much? The pastebin is a bit vague. This is mostly what I've been wondering about.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,800
    Posts: 2,386
    Member
    edited August 24, 2017
    I know with my Dan 1 Engineering, I've gained the ability to sign some of my crafts like weapons (I signed a Fanatic Greatsword I made on a whim, but the guns I made after) though I'm not sure what triggers that. It doesn't appear to stabilize any of the RNG regarding the stats that the weapon/armor get. I did get a pretty nice boost in crafting success though.

    Almost to Dan 2, so hopefully, the stats will stabilize once I advance. If anyone knows about the effects from what Korea got, that would be awesome to share. =3

    -Reads Pastebin- Increases produced outcome? So better equipment or just increased success? Hoping it's not just the latter.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,255
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    edited August 24, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    I know with my Dan 1 Engineering, I've gained the ability to sign some of my crafts like weapons (I signed a Fanatic Greatsword I made on a whim, but the guns I made after) though I'm not sure what triggers that. It doesn't appear to stabilize any of the RNG regarding the stats that the weapon/armor get. I did get a pretty nice boost in crafting success though.

    Almost to Dan 2, so hopefully, the stats will stabilize once I advance. If anyone knows about the effects from what Korea got, that would be awesome to share. =3

    -Reads Pastebin- Increases produced outcome? So better equipment or just increased success? Hoping it's not just the latter.

    According to Rydian on the wiki, some values changed for Hillwen in the dan ranks.
    I'm guessing that those values were Minimum and Maximum Quality.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    Zarric wrote: »
    The wiki has updated info, but I had a paste bin for this before that was all done. Enjoy.
    https://pastebin.com/ZfSnG1HR

    So theres literally no reason to do life skills then?
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,805
    Posts: 121
    Member
    edited August 24, 2017
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Zarric wrote: »
    The wiki has updated info, but I had a paste bin for this before that was all done. Enjoy.
    https://pastebin.com/ZfSnG1HR

    So theres literally no reason to do life skills then?


    Hillwen and Magic craft raise the maximum (And minimum) possible rolls for items created with it.

    Blacksmithing gains some more stats in certain points (Gauntlets get +1 prot, meaning smithed gauntlets have a point to exist now.)

    Dan 1 potion making allows you to craft RE potions, 2 and 3 could possibly let you make even SE, I'm not sure.


    Tailoring I've heard is just a flat +Q (quality) increase to your tailor roll, but I don't know that it's true.


    Plus getting all life skills to dan 3 gets you designer/rocket arrow enchants, which give you an addition +3 quality to crafted items (including carpentry, blacksmithing and tailoring.) Which would make it easier for you to sig items.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    Flame Burst Dan Effect: Embers are apparent e4c1e8bebf.jpg

    Water Cannon Dan Effect: More Water is shown in the splash upon enemy being hit 842e9ce230.jpg
    KokoroVimi
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,630
    Posts: 144
    Member
    Ive noticed that my Charging strike has a yellow burst around it lately. But it could just be my imagination and its been there all along. I want to hurry and get to Dan 3 on all three skills for that animation/movement item. So far, Dan 2 Charging and Dan 2 Upper. Ill post them asap.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,255
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Marith wrote: »
    Dan 1 potion making allows you to craft RE potions, 2 and 3 could possibly let you make even SE, I'm not sure.

    Suddenly, I want to Dan Potion Making.
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,805
    Posts: 121
    Member
    edited August 24, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Marith wrote: »
    Dan 1 potion making allows you to craft RE potions, 2 and 3 could possibly let you make even SE, I'm not sure.

    Suddenly, I want to Dan Potion Making.


    It might be rude to say something that'd curb your enthusiasm, but it's even more clovers for RE potions.
    Though it makes GM apothecary a lot more appealing with the bonus payout chance.
    Iyasenu