Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Any tips for defense dan test?

CscrimsonCscrimson
Mabinogi Rep: 670
edited August 31, 2017 in Help
i seem to only be able to get 7500 points at max when i do the test. Is there some way to reset the cooldown during the test? If anyone has any tips it would be appreciated.

Comments

• CelinusCelinus
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    You get good points for breaking an enemy defense with Smash, and as long as you use defense and remember to stay as high hp as you possibly can (around 5000 points for max hp at the end), you should be fine, although it is quite luck dependent because you do need to get enemies using defense a lot which can be hard xD
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    thought the breaking defense with smash was part of the smash dan tests.... well I guess that makes sense.

But yeah, 90% of the Dan Tests are based on luck in timing, and latency.
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    1) kill the snakes, never use defense on them they'll poison you.
    2) if humans are given a large shield use it for bonus points. (giants get bonus points for wielding vales shield)
    3) try to prolong the battle against one enemy, aggro one enemy run away use defense, run away again and use defense.
    4) if the enemy uses defense use smash always.
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    YellowBin wrote: »
    2) if humans are given a large shield use it for bonus points. (giants get bonus points for wielding vales shield)
    3) try to prolong the battle against one enemy, aggro one enemy run away use defense, run away again and use defense.

Unless they've changed the rules specifically for this test, using defense (at the very least defense with a shield) negates any chance of being poisoned and has for a very long time.
  • catzzcatzz
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    not sure if its just luck or not, but for me, the sahagins used alot of the defense skill, so i got most of my points from smashing their defense, and got ss with half of my life (about 2500k additional points)
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Marith wrote: »

Unless they've changed the rules specifically for this test, using defense (at the very least defense with a shield) negates any chance of being poisoned and has for a very long time.

I got poisoned after using defense once against this snake and it took a ton of my hp D':
    Traumatized and will kill all snakes on sight
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    catzz wrote: »
    not sure if its just luck or not, but for me, the sahagins used alot of the defense skill, so i got most of my points from smashing their defense, and got ss with half of my life (about 2500k additional points)

That's over nine thousand.
    catzz
  • catzzcatzz
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    jjeremy wrote: »
    catzz wrote: »

That's over nine thousand.

lulz
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    I got poisoned after using defense once against this snake and it took a ton of my hp D':
    Traumatized and will kill all snakes on sight

Well that's disappointing. Out of curiosity, did the hit reduce the damage to 1, or was it 2+? The mechanic might be that you negate poison chance if you reduce the damage to 1 with defense.