Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Carrying action

SizeplaySizeplay
Mabinogi Rep: 710
edited August 25, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
So, I already know Giants can do this, but wouldn't it be amazing if Elves and Humans had a type of carry ability for themselves? Like lets say.. A 17 year old character can carry a 10 year old character in the form of a piggy back ride. It would be beneficial for when a person needs to go AFK and would like their friend to carry them to the destination, I know there are pets, but wouldn't it be cute if it would be this way instead? It can be a form of action given through a Valentine's day or even gachapon!
SherriDarkpixie99
  1. Do you think humans and elves should also have a carrying skill?18 votes
    1. Yes
       89% (16 votes)
    2. No ( Please explain in the comments if so )
       11% (2 votes)

Comments

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Similar to how the commerce or William partner rides on the player's back? Yeah, that's a cute idea!
    Sizeplay
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Sure, you could also make the animations funny, like an elf carrying someone else being heavily pushed down from the weight they can barely support and struggling to not drop to the ground while moving at normal speeds. Kinda like the sweetheart flight from the doki doki rerun had some amusing same-sex changes.
    Sizeplay
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    GIANTS CAN'T EVEN CARRY ELVES
    #makeelvesgreatagain
    Ninzerker
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 28, 2017
    This would be a nice and modern addition, but knowing the KR devs, the Giant race might still remain the only race capable of giving shoulder rides.
    Unless the height and weight system is utilized to make a sub par Vindictus capability of lifting or princess carrying another player based on their weight, allowing either a smooth speed walking carry or slow and movement restricted struggle.
  • vegerotvegerot
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    We already have the Couples Flight action that people got from the Doki Dokki Island event. If anything I can see this being similar just with being stuck to the ground. I support this for those that don't have access to the Couples Flight action.
  • RalikinRalikin
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    I cannot see this done to be honest; what people are asking for is essentially a replica of the piggyback ride you can give commerce partners which, for all intents and purposes, is slower than just summoning a 2-person+ mount. If a partner is present with a mount, that makes this even more trivial and pointless.
  • vegerotvegerot
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    Ralikin wrote: »
    I cannot see this done to be honest; what people are asking for is essentially a replica of the piggyback ride you can give commerce partners which, for all intents and purposes, is slower than just summoning a 2-person+ mount. If a partner is present with a mount, that makes this even more trivial and pointless.

Yes, but what about those players that don't have a 2-person+ mount or just see the fun of having this action? It doesn't always have to be something that helps players if it's simply fun to have.
  • SizeplaySizeplay
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Ralikin wrote: »

The action is not made to travel faster or even add speed like partners do, It's simply for people to travel with an AFK friend, without the use of a pet. I don't exactly see how this is bad when in itself is a simple action to both create a more cutesy scene to the game, as well as bring more fun and purpose to the gaming mechanics.