Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

this month patch discussion

TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
in General Chat
(i dont know if anyone gonna post so i'll post cus im extremely into fixes then anything else in mabi)

What did you think of this month patch notes?
becuase we had about 3 month patches do you believe all the patches are reaching expectation? And what is your expectation?
(i believe its been 3 months)
  1. 1 being unsatisfied and 5 being higher then expectation, were r you?29 votes
    1. 1
       14% (4 votes)
    2. 2
       7% (2 votes)
    3. 3
       24% (7 votes)
    4. 4
       34% (10 votes)
    5. 5
       21% (6 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    As lame as a middle-of-the-road answer can be, the patch notes are good, they're alright.

It's what I expect from patch notes.

I like how they list bug fixes and issues.
    And how they list the events and sales currently going on at that time, with links to the main announcements for those things.

It makes it convenient to see what's going on at a glance all from one announcement.

I really hope they keep this up.
    Bonus points because I'm glad they're fixing these recently reported bugs, like the Smash/Windguard lockup and the Bhafel Huntress Recipe.
    badnewsbarrett[Deleted User]ImaizumiTheDumbOneSherriHarukari
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    In light of recent patches, I'm loving the view.

But in seriousness, the NA team seems to be doing a good job. I also hope they keep this up.
    [Deleted User]Iyasenu
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited September 7, 2017
    Well it's not that they're doing a good job
    It's just that they're doing better than before
    Some bugs actually get fixed now
    TheDumbOne
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    They're getting better. I appreciate effort.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I voted 5, but not because I think anything was particularly excellent... it's just that I have extremely low expectations after playing this game for too long, so literally any and every minor improvement exceeds my expectations.

omg guys those are actual patch notes!!!
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Eralea wrote: »
    I voted 5, but not because I think anything was particularly excellent... it's just that I have extremely low expectations after playing this game for too long, so literally any and every minor improvement exceeds my expectations.

tru-tru, my expectation was far higher tho.... i guess it was a lil higher then posting (mostly) text corrections...
    i mean some glitches been around for years.... so i hardly think im being unreasonable. but thats my opinion.
    although the fact now they have to post patch notes at least once a month is 500% better then not doing it at all

• TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »

tru-tru, my expectation was far higher tho.... i guess it was a lil higher then posting (mostly) text corrections...
    i mean some glitches been around for years.... so i hardly think im being unreasonable. but thats my opinion.
    although the fact now they have to post patch notes at least once a month is 500% better then not doing it at all
    I'm not exactly a "Grammar-Nationalist", and I'm far from perfect, but I find it awfully ironic how someone with grammar as poor as your own could concern themselves so greatly with the grammar of patch notes. The least you could do is set an example (as opposed to be a hypocrite).

you already commented about this. only difference is now your directing it towards me. :T
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You don't want my opinion (because you aren't going to like it), but .. honestly? If I were Nexon ~ I would delete this bomb they call a forum and revert the site back to Pre-2007 Announcement Discussion. That is to say, revert back to a time when discussions (replies like mine) only existed on official announcements made by the company. No place to spam walls of discredit, misinterpretations, and/or flat out slander. It was much more peaceful then. -- and yes; I know; the first complaint will be because of reports for bugs and other problems; as if using the support portal ever swayed someone on any other game. ~ Think of the headaches they could eliminate.

I don't agree. If it were not for the forums we would still be in the dark ages. Because of the relentless excrement smear campaign from the community for years it eventually lit a fire under their asses to do something about it. We were young and pissed, we were going to be heard. Now we're older and disgruntled because there is no clarity or consistency. Things can always be better and the forums give us the outlet we need in order to be heard rather than bombarding them with tickets.
    [Deleted User]
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Still waiting on idle animations to stop breaking/resetting every tick..
    [Deleted User]
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    you already commented about this. only difference is now your directing it towards me. :T
    No. My last comment was in reply to the one I quoted (it's not the same as the comments before that). It's imperative that one be as perfect as they can with their own grammar, before running around correcting the grammar of everyone else. I don't spend time doing this, because (like your own) my grammar isn't the greatest. ~ I'm sorry if my honesty hurts or upsets you. ~ No one said the truth is supposed to feel good. :)
    [/i]

im not hurt at all :o
    you already stated this in your second comment. " If you don't understand; you should try to build a game like this on your own (by yourself), and try to maintain it; whilst keeping up to the umteen zillion requests of your starving for more (greedy as hell) fan-base who can't spell properly; let alone dictate. "
    unless you dont think thats the same as "I find it awfully ironic how someone with grammar as poor as your own could concern themselves so greatly with the grammar of patch notes. The least you could do is set an example (as opposed to be a hypocrite)."

so theirs no reason to push the envelope. i heard you the first time. (btw i like your first comment- tots agree to it, i think the new forum is also another thing on NA's tray that they just dont need atm)

and to be clear, i actual dont want any text corrections being posted on the patch at all(but thats just my opinion). its nothing but filler. out of 12 things listed, only 5 happen to be issues. i guess why im so concerned with the grammar is cause i have such a lack of grammar, i cant see how "mission point quest(s)" is such a improvement to my game play experience.
    ChibiMegu
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    No. My last comment was in reply to the one I quoted (it's not the same as the comments before that). It's imperative that one be as perfect as they can with their own grammar, before running around correcting the grammar of everyone else. I don't spend time doing this, because (like your own) my grammar isn't the greatest. ~ I'm sorry if my honesty hurts or upsets you. ~ No one said the truth is supposed to feel good. :)
    [/i]

you already stated this in your second comment. " If you don't understand; you should try to build a game like this on your own (by yourself), and try to maintain it; whilst keeping up to the umteen zillion requests of your starving for more (greedy as hell) fan-base who can't spell properly; let alone dictate. "
    unless you dont think thats the same as "I find it awfully ironic how someone with grammar as poor as your own could concern themselves so greatly with the grammar of patch notes. The least you could do is set an example (as opposed to be a hypocrite)."

so theirs no reason to push the envelope. i heard you the first time. (btw i like your first comment- tots agree to it, i think the new forum is also another thing on NA's tray that they just dont need atm)

and to be clear, i actual dont want any text corrections being posted on the patch at all(but thats just my opinion). its nothing but filler. out of 12 things listed, only 5 happen to be issues. i guess why im so concerned with the grammar is cause i have such a lack of grammar, i cant see how "mission point quest(s)" is such a improvement to my game play experience.
    My second comment was not a reply to what I quoted, as was my third comment.

Is this not what they call making a mountain out of a mole hill? I think it is.

If you'd like to have a one-on-one debate; take it to private messages. :)
    The fact remains, we have always received decent patches and notes. ~ The bickering is totally unwarranted. This game has more events and more content updates than 90% of the games out there, but no one is ever satisfied. The constant "more, more, more, more, more" is downright depressing if not totally irritating. People complain and cry when Nexon tries to make money, and then they complain and cry when Nexon doesn't have money to release everything else people complain and cry about. ~ It's enough to drive a crazy person sane..

im not making a mountain out of anything. i clearly said "you already said that" you said u didnt and i showed u the comparison of you already saying that

all posts on the forum deal with something. I posted a topic about patch notes. its the most basic thing i could talk about thats currently just happen. I'm sorry if that it drove a sane person like you crazy. the only advice i could give you, is to tolerate it...
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    edited September 10, 2017
    [/i]

My second comment was not a reply to what I quoted, as was my third comment.

Is this not what they call making a mountain out of a mole hill? I think it is.

If you'd like to have a one-on-one debate; take it to private messages. :)
    The fact remains, we have always received decent patches and notes. ~ The bickering is totally unwarranted. This game has more events and more content updates than 90% of the games out there, but no one is ever satisfied. The constant "more, more, more, more, more" is downright depressing if not totally irritating. People complain and cry when Nexon tries to make money, and then they complain and cry when Nexon doesn't have money to release everything else people complain and cry about. ~ It's enough to drive a crazy person sane..

im not making a mountain out of anything. i clearly said "you already said that" you said u didnt and i showed u the comparison of you already saying that

all posts on the forum deal with something. I posted a topic about patch notes. its the most basic thing i could talk about thats currently just happen. I'm sorry if that it drove a sane person like you crazy. the only advice i could give you, is to tolerate it...
    It's clear you misunderstood what I said at the start, or you're looking for an argument. You didn't reply to my first two comments; so, you can stop telling me you "heard" what I wrote. I asked what the thread was about and got no answer; not until I compared your own grammar to the drama you are drawing about patch note grammar (which isn't really about grammar at all, but instead a simple language barrier). Forums are built for civil discourse, however, this does not mean everyone is required to agree with everyone all of the time. ~ Goodnight. :)
    ok let take this one at a time ^u^"

i thought ur first question was rhetorical

now i have a hard time finding the question in the reply u gave me, can you plz explain were you gave a question, so i can understand.
    [edit] oh! maybe im getting it....

and here is the answer to your first post which i thought was rhetorical. - to be honest i didnt realize you were asking me anything.
    well..let me answer that for you and sorry for the miss translation. - i think i just wanted people to talk about patch notes any way shape or form...i was excited to see a forum post on it, but saw none, so i made one. all this post is for is to talk about the patch. (i also put a 1-5 rating on the patch so people can give a i like or dislike the patch)

[edit] maybe im making you upset.....
    [Deleted User]
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    I said goodnight because I don't have a desire to argue and bicker about this. :)
    now i have a hard time finding the question in the reply u gave me, can you plz explain were you gave a question, so i can understand.
    Is this thread about a lack of patch notes or a lack of detail on patch notes?
    OHHHHH!!! sorry! >O< u obvs know were i made the mistake.
    add me in mabinogi doe ;-; i like talking to you. is that ok to ask befor u go to bed
    [Deleted User]