Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Beam sword repairs ....

EternityNekoEternityNeko
Mabinogi Rep: 580
in General Chat
over priced repairs fix it

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited September 10, 2017
    Not a fan, but...why are they comparable to Celtic Royal Swords and Crossbows in terms of repairs? I mean, we can point to silly weapons like Play Pillows with a 20k point per repair at Fleta, but these are weapons that sacrifice red upgrades for more base attack, and are not that overpowered; they are also contenders for helping mid level players, and those who strong enough to not use their best gear, so why is it largely similar?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I only ever repair these at Ferghus.

I pretty much only use them when playing as my other characters who don't have any good normal gear or lots of strength.
    And I try not to Bash with them.

But yeah, at 98% and 100% the costs are way too not worth it.
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    I wish the Sheep Mace wasn't so expensive to repair. It's 15,909 gold a point for 98% repair; costing slightly more than the Celtic Royal War Hammer, which is 15,093.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Then don't use them if you can't afford it..? Lmao I only ever use daggers and beginner fluted short sword ever since 100% repair is implemented. I only use CRKs during final hit. Never use beam swords because I have been warned its repairs are more expensive than CRKs.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Beam swords are not meant to be used as serious weapons anyway, so the repair is fine.
  • PudgyHamsterPudgyHamster
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    There's so many of the cheap bargain ones anyways now. Use em and throw em out!
    Imaizumi
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    There's so many of the cheap bargain ones anyways now. Use em and throw em out!

Or this ^ You can buy them out of player shops for like 100k
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    ShouK wrote: »
    Then don't use them if you can't afford it..? Lmao I only ever use daggers and beginner fluted short sword ever since 100% repair is implemented. I only use CRKs during final hit. Never use beam swords because I have been warned its repairs are more expensive than CRKs.

Not utilizing a certain mechanic or such does not excuse the "obsolete" nature of it. Whether or not it is considered truly "obsolete" (Like grinding for most demonic weapons) is subject to debate, but I do not think this logic is sound, anymore than saying that VIP should not be revamped, or Magic Missile. The logic can apply to not playing the game if dissatisfaction is deemed too much, but it doesn't solve the problem that the game may be flawed.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Beam swords are not meant to be used as serious weapons anyway, so the repair is fine.

That is what I am contesting. I use a variety of weaker weapons in lower level content, but as weapons that seem perfect for this, the repair cost kills it. They're not cost efficient compared to the damage I could get with any other weapon like CRKs, despite being far less relevant in later difficulties, and I find this to be bollocks.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    edited September 11, 2017
    I still think the old 98% repair cost should be the 100% one now. Way too expensive, since every halfway decent enchant in the game has ridiculous increase in cost as well. Repair costs are good for a gold sink and I do think we should keep them, just not quite as much. Personally, as much as 100% repairs are not deemed "necessary" by a lot of people, to me they're an integral part of enjoying the game. I have two luxury bags that are filled to the brim with mostly duplicate and lower tier weapons of the same type so that once the next 100% repair event comes around, I could repair them in bulk and bridge the time again. The game wasn't supposed to be played that way I assume and this 100% repair update may just have been a way to counteract this, but at the same time..we do have such repair rates now, so in the end, it's the same again, just more expensive. The question is though..if a single dungeon run on advanced hard mode is only worth 1 point of repair, or not even, yet you're going to be looking at 12 points even with a blessing on (I don't have FH, tyvm), it feels very redundant to even attempt any content whatsoever if all you're running it for is terrible, terrible luck with RNG (because it was intentionally designed to take forever to get anything) and even more costs than the run made up for.

Frankly, this leaves me with a feeling that I refuse to run most content even in parties, because it makes pre-programmed bad luck even more unbearable than the feeling of defeat and insane loss of time you already feel in the first place. It is not very engaging.

Just imagine running 300+ of said dungeons to assemble a single celtic royal xbow (and I legitly doubt you will get even 2 radiant strings during those 300 runs) and you're forced to destroy it down to 0 dura permanently in 4, just because there's no feasible way you can afford the repairs long-term, even though this weapon is basically necessary for quite a lot of content. That goes doubly for archery if you don'T have combo cards and a mag reforge.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    The repairs are too much for no reason, I'll admit. But I won't complain too much. I just like looking at them glow and occasionally hitting them against things so they can make that cool buzz noise.

Buzz buzz. : 3
    Leilicia
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 11, 2017
    I'm too lazy to type this out...but here is a really old comparison I did of
    -Nightmare Black Fog r5 Celtics
    -Nightmare Black Fog r6 Celtics
    -Enchanted Rainbow Beams

xx6cv.png

Now this doesn't account for r7, but I'd never r7 my celtics without a prot stone anyway...and I'm never paying $80 a stone from the cash shop.

This is why I've never made celtics, not only would I spend quite a bit on enchant protections, the swords, and even more money on repairs, but the final hit damage difference just isn't there. I don't use bash with my beams and I don't think I'd bash with celtics, it's just too expensive.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    1. When they first came out they were the best weapon in the game(and is still one of the best now)
    2. no need to enchant or special upgrade
    3. Final hit is op. No durability loss
    4. Beams weren't made with bash in mind
    5. Melody step
    Greta
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's funny how the Bargain swords aren't much cheaper than the Focused ones in terms of repair cost.