Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Static noise in Dunbarton

aeternitisaeternitis
Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
edited September 21, 2017 in Bugs and Glitches
Problem: There is a static noise near Caravan Joe in Dunbarton
Expected behavior: No static noise
Steps to repro: Walk near Caravan Joe in Dunbarton with sound effect volume turned up
IGN: Aeternitis
Server: Alexina
Edit: Started after Sept 21 maintenance.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ooh, that's an annoying audio bug.

It's the sound effect for a flying mount's "boost" skill.
    It gets stuck sometimes for some reason.

Is it still there if you close mabi and restart it?
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Yes, it is still there. I also logged in on another computer and with another character and it repros in all scenarios so far.

I did not summon any mount with "boost". Is this not happening for anyone else?
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    edited September 21, 2017
    Update: rebooted and now the problem seems to be gone. Sorry.
    [Deleted User]
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    edited January 28, 2018

I've also been experiencing this at times. In different locations besides in front of the Dunbarton church, as well. However, as this video shows, it does appear to have a limited range of where the sound plays.

Oh, and relogging or changing channel doesn't fix it. Nor does leaving the map to another area and then coming back. Only restarting the game fixes it.

Name: Erikacha
    Server: Mari
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    edited January 28, 2018
    I'm really glad I'm not the only one to be experiencing this since almost my entire guild thought I was crazy, or my game was corrupted/bugged somehow, or something else was going on specifically with my computer.

I can confirm I've heard this in Dunbarton, in Tara Castle during banquet, in Cor Village, and at Taillteann Stonehenge. There may have been other places that I don't remember off the top of my head, but it's always seemed completely random and absolutely isn't related to me having summoned pets/been flying.

And yeah, nothing fixes it aside restarting the entire client. It persists (for me at least) all the way to the character select and even the "start game" screen once is starts. x.x

EDIT: Right, I just remembered. At least once when I was standing next to my (in-game and IRL) husband, this hit us both at the exact same time on two different clients on two different computers. We were in Dunbarton by the contest statue I believe.

Name: Alisandrea (and all other characters on my account have had it happen at points)
    JazmynWolfandWolf
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 28, 2018
    Same happened to me multiple times. It happens everywhere, when someone mounts a pet and flies away with them in a boost... Drives me crazy.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Erika wrote: »
    I've also been experiencing this at times. In different locations besides in front of the Dunbarton church, as well. However, as this video shows, it does appear to have a limited range of where the sound plays.

Oh, and relogging or changing channel doesn't fix it. Nor does leaving the map to another area and then coming back. Only restarting the game fixes it.

Name: Erikacha

I hear this exact sound in Dunbarton all the time and I am usually able to walk away from it like you did in the video; however, I am usually down by the bank.

I thought it is/was maybe caused by something to do with a weird rain casting bug where the sound sticks?

Name: Jazmyn
    Server: Ruairi
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    I believe it's actually the "boost" sound effect from some pets (i.e. dragons). It's just that it happens to also sound like rushing water. :P
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 10, 2018
    I think the cause of this are from dragons or maybe specifically from Ice Dragons. Seems like Ice Dragon's Boost skill audio sounds a bit too wonky for me.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 20, 2018
    It happened to me again tonight. Ruairi - Channel 1

And it followed me to my homestead.

• strawberrydreamsstrawberrydreams
    Mabinogi Rep: 570
    i really hope this gets fixed for all of you soon,i honestly couldn't help but laugh even though i really do genuinely hope you find a solution because it sounds like a horror movie title "static in dunbarton"the new hit horror movie and the sound even sounds kind of eerie to me! it's like a mix of both unsettling and goofy! hopefully the maintenance going on today fixes this for you all! best of luck! <3
    Jazmyn