Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alchemy update ideas?

SolesticeSolestice
Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
in Feedback and Suggestions
So I've been thinking that there's one skill set that's completely slower to all other skill sets and just can't keep up with the current meta for mabi.
Alchemy is just too slow, even with Vivace. However, to have to use Vivace and not BFO (Which actually works with alch now) is kinda of crucial for the low damage output that Alchemy already has. Unless you're not heavily reforged, you're not going to even be remotely close to the damage that other skill sets can give. These are some ideas that I have. (I take all criticism)

Changes to be made to "Keep up with Meta" for Alchemy
1) Reduce Water Cannon load time from 1.0 sec -> 0.5 seconds
2) Reduce Flame Burst Load time from 1.2 sec -> 0.8 seconds
3) Reduce Chain Cylinder Cooldown from 10 sec -> 6 secs
4) Increase amount of pressure needed for Heat buster, but increase Heat buster damage from 695~1175 to 800~1400
5) Reduce Heat Buster Load time from 0.6 to 0
6) Change "Heat Buster Master" title from Max Stam +20, Will +20, Dex +20, Heat Buster Damage +10%, Max MP-20
to Max Stam +15, Fire Alchemic Damage +10, Heat Buster Damage 15%, Max MP-40
7) Increase Fire Alchemy Mastery, Water Alchemy Mastery, Wind Alchemy Mastery, and Clay Alchemy Mastery by 5%
8) Adjust "the Fire Alchemist" title from Fire Alchemy Efficiency +10%, Stam +15, Mana +5, Strength -10 to Fire Alchemic Damage 10, HP +15, Stamina +15, Dex-20
9) Adjust "the Water Alchemist" title from Stamina +10, MP +10, Water Alchemy effciency +10%, Dex -10, Int- 10 to MP+ 30, Water Alchemic Damage +10, Int -20
10) Adjust "the Wind Alchemist" title from Wind Alchemy damage +10%, Will +15, Dex +10, int -10 to Wind Alchemic Damage +15, Stamina +20, HP +15, Will -20
11) Adjust "the Earth Alchemy Master" title from Earth Alchemy effciency bonus +10%, Stamina +15, Dex - 15 to Clay Alchemic Damage +15, Stamina +30, Str- 10, Dex -10
12) Reduce Rain Casting Load time from 9 (1 Charging + 8 Casting) seconds to 6 (1 Charging + 5 Casting) Seconds, Additionally reduce cooldown time from 120 to 100.
13) Change "The Master of Rain" Title from Stamina +30, Luck +20, and HP-20 to MP+ 30, Radius +100, Luck +5, Str -10
14) Reduce Hydra Transmutation cooldown from 60 seconds -> 55 seconds
15) Adjust "Hydra Transmutation Master" title from Critical +3%, Clay Alchemic Damage +30, Hydra Transmutation Duration increased by 20 seconds to Magic Defense Reduction +10, Magic Protection Reduction +5,
Clay Alchemic Damage +20, Hydra Transmutation Duration Increased by 20 seconds.
16) Hydra Transmutation is now affected by the "Elemental Wave" skill. Elemental Wave will increase the range of Hydra Transmutation by 250 cm (rank 1 hydra is 800 cm, making it 1050 when activated by Ele. Wave)

Now I know some titles may not completely increase damage capability for alchemy (I.e Rain Cast title) but it does make them viable options if you want to have a larger arsenal. I noticed that the Elemental Alchemy titles were not that great either, but adjusted them so they not only increase what skills co-align with that element, but again a viable substitute.

Comments

• RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited September 29, 2017
    I would rather have Chain Cylinder have no cooldown at all, and just have it always load 5 crystals when toggled on. (And reduce the amount of durability used per charge.) That'd be the only way to have WC compete with Firebolt DPS.

Some other things that should be added:

・Ability to load crystals while running, and have them remain loaded even when knocked back.
    ・Have Elemental Wave Frozen Blast be what Frozen Blast normally should be.
    ・Remove Life Drain cooldown, and have Elemental Wave Life Drain act as the AoE version that some bosses have, and have it heal wounds, too.
    ・Heat Buster would need a larger damage output to be worth using, also 100% splash damage
    ・Unnerf Golem. There's no reason for it to be nerfed anymore. Also give Elemental Wave Golem more HP, Prot, and Defense. EW Golem was supposed to be a tank that can draw enemies, but Divine Link already does that and does it better
    ・Give Shock back the 10 seconds of duration they took away when we got the Enlightenment update.
    ・And most importantly of all...have Water and Fire Alchemy increase max damage rather than additional damage.
  • SolesticeSolestice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Raishii wrote: »
    I would rather have Chain Cylinder have no cooldown at all, and just have it always load 5 crystals when toggled on. (And reduce the amount of durability used per charge.) That'd be the only way to have WC compete with Firebolt DPS.

・Ability to load crystals while running, and have them remain loaded even when knocked back.
    ・Remove Life Drain cooldown, and have Elemental Wave Life Drain act as the AoE version that some bosses have, and have it heal wounds, too.
    ・Heat Buster would need a larger damage output to be worth using, also 100% splash damage
    ・Unnerf Golem. There's no reason for it to be nerfed anymore. Also give Elemental Wave Golem more HP, Prot, and Defense. EW Golem was supposed to be a tank that can draw enemies, but Divine Link already does that and does it better
    ・Give Shock back the 10 seconds of duration they took away when we got the Enlightenment update.
    ・And most importantly of all...have Water and Fire Alchemy increase max damage rather than additional damage.

That's why I added the alchemic damage to the master titles, plus the 5% increase to all of the alchemic elements (So 15% overall at r1). It gives more of a boost (and life stats to the co-aligning skills that use certain life pools) to said skills.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Solestice wrote: »
    Raishii wrote: »

That's why I added the alchemic damage to the master titles, plus the 5% increase to all of the alchemic elements (So 15% overall at r1). It gives more of a boost (and life stats to the co-aligning skills that use certain life pools) to said skills.

What I mean is that the damage increase should be there without the need to wear the master title. In any case, 5% increase to the masteries themselves would be very minuscule buff.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Use alchemy to make new mats from old mats to make new equipment.