Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Reflections: Reforged update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69963/reflections-reforged-patch-notes-november-4th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Crash Everytime When Access Webpage

Comments

• GawaynoGawayno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    It's been almost a month since this issue was posted and yet, for people like me, I still crash even with the fix Hardmuscle mention.

Why hasn't this been fixed?
  • GigilGigil
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited October 5, 2017
    So I want to buy the pet box but for some reason from the website it says my character doesn't meet requirements but I also can't buy from ingame or else I crash. :) TAKE MY MONEY NEXON HELLO?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,260
    Dear me, I'm getting this issue again!
    And now even @Hardmuscle 's advice with resetting IE's settings didn't help.

Trying to access the Web Shop from within Mabinogi causes Mabinogi to stop responding and close.

@Katherz
    Any insight into the issue from y'all's end?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,180
    Member, Administrator, Nexon
    This is still being looked at by our developers. I am sorry I don't have much of an update for you guys :(
    HardmuscleIyasenuGawayno
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,560
    edited October 7, 2017
    I've only recently noticed that opening the Cash Shop in game through the UI button crashes my game.
    The first instance on the first day was when I had a personal shop open only for it to correctly launch the shop on the second try.
    While today I've had the same exact crashing happen twice three times in a row.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    Have you tried repairing the game? Sounds like it's having sync issues with IE. If this hasn't happened before it could be the recent update data that got hung up a bit.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    edited October 8, 2017
    This has been fixed and unfixed and fixed a few times this month. There's already a thread on this topic.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/11634/crash-everytime-when-access-webpage

Resetting IE fixed it (the in-game shop) last time around.. but now I see that isn't working for people anymore.
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Reset Internet Explorer.

Close the game down. Close and Exit the Launcher. Type Control Panel in Search (Windows Search; aka Cortana) and open it from the results list. Then go to Internet Options. (Control Panel > Internet Options). This opens Internet Properties; Click on the 'Advanced' tab at the top right. In the 'Advanced' tab window, click on the 'Restore advanced settings' button and then click 'Apply' at the bottom. Following that step, click on the 'Reset' button in the same area (to Reset IE). On the prompt; check the box to 'Delete personal settings' (for IE) and then click the 'Reset' button at the bottom of the prompt. Click Close.

It's currently being investigated by the devs. If the above doesn't work, you'll have to use the Web Shop (via browser) until they fix it.
    Katherz wrote: »
    This is still being looked at by our developers. I am sorry I don't have much of an update for you guys :(

• LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I just wanted to add a bit more. I know developers are looking into it, but I updated my wins10 and is now also suffering. I forgot I updated and just went through a crash LAWL. Hope they can figure it out eventually.
  • AnemkiAnemki
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,415
    edited October 8, 2017
    Hello! Forgive me if this is a repost because I searched and didn't find a result first, but!

For some reason, myself and a few other friends of mine on my server are experiencing this issue, where opening the cash shop in-game soon after crashes the client.
    I've also been told this happens to the Guild Home page as well.

Now as I do know the Cash Shop and Guild Home can be accessed on your web browser, and I can just open the shop button to obtain my purchased items, this is very annoying when I simply want to grab an Unrestricted pass or dye quick while still in game...

Just a simple inconvenience, and I'm hoping there's a fix or solution that may have been found. Thanks!
  • iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    When you try to open the cash shop in game, you crash instantly. Happens after a reinstall.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,315
    This is still happening, according to my friend.
    Gawayno
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited October 13, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Since the last server maintenance, has your friend Reset Internet Explorer? The window you open when you choose to open the in-game shop is driven by Internet Explorer. If they have not done this once, since the start of this thread, or since the patch today, have them do it and tell us if it worked for them or not. The point of resetting IE after a patch (from either side of Microsoft; updating us or updating the server) is to insure said patch is applied to IE properly (without interference from plug-ins, personal settings, cached copies of webpages, etc.).

Before "Resetting Internet Explorer"; have your friend clean "Internet Explorer's cache and history". Control Panel > Internet Options > General Tab > Browsing Options (near the bottom of the General Tab) > Click Delete. This will open the "Delete Browsing History" window; and there will be a list of check boxes. Un-check the box at the top (we don't want to preserve cookies or maintain anything old) and click Delete again at the bottom. ~ Example: https://i.imgur.com/8zkYmD1.png
    For the record. I didn't check to see if my in-game shop would crash when I logged back on today. Instead (I closed the game out) and reset Internet Explorer and cleared it's cache and history (as I described); and then I checked the shop, and this is what happened (it worked fine).

• EllisyaEllisya
    edited October 14, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Since the last server maintenance, has your friend Reset Internet Explorer? The window you open when you choose to open the in-game shop is driven by Internet Explorer. If they have not done this once, since the start of this thread, or since the patch today, have them do it and tell us if it worked for them or not. The point of resetting IE after a patch (from either side of Microsoft; updating us or updating the server) is to insure said patch is applied to IE properly (without interference from plug-ins, personal settings, cached copies of webpages, etc.).

Before "Resetting Internet Explorer"; have your friend clean "Internet Explorer's cache and history". Control Panel > Internet Options > General Tab > Browsing Options (near the bottom of the General Tab) > Click Delete. This will open the "Delete Browsing History" window; and there will be a list of check boxes. Un-check the box at the top (we don't want to preserve cookies or maintain anything old) and click Delete again at the bottom. ~ Example: https://i.imgur.com/8zkYmD1.png
    For the record. I didn't check to see if my in-game shop would crash when I logged back on today. Instead (I closed the game out) and reset Internet Explorer and cleared it's cache and history (as I described); and then I checked the shop, and this is what happened (it worked fine).

Question is that, why do WE have to adjust and fix the problem while its happening because of Nexon? There are many more people who don't check forum at all. Not being rude or anything but I'm just curious. I know you are just trying to help other people who are suffering this issue though which is thankful >.<)b
  • EllisyaEllisya
    edited October 14, 2017
    double posted, delete this one please!
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited October 14, 2017
    Question is that, why do WE have to adjust and fix the problem while its happening because of Nexon?
    We don't know if it's happening "because of Nexon", or if it's happening "because of Microsoft". The last server maintenance was so Nexon could apply Windows Updates to their computers. (Just like you and me and everyone else who uses Windows). The only difference is they can't shut down the server down every single time Microsoft decides to add something to their product (Internet Explorer). Some things are almost impossible for Nexon to do (such as delete the cache and history and reset IE for every single person who plays their game), that's why we have to do it ourselves. Like I said at the start of this; I'm pretty sure this is Microsoft's fault. Nexon doesn't look for ways to break IE (no more so than me or any other sane web developer would; I sure hope not). I personally hate IE with all of my heart and soul, because everything I have ever made work in everything else is broken in that pile of junk, but that's another story I won't go into in this thread (or in this forum even).

Different browsers use what they call vendor-specific code. Internet Explorer has tons of vendor-specific HTML and CSS2/3, and this makes it rough to build applications compatible for other browsers (who in turn also have vendor-specific code). aka: The leading cause of baldness. :smirk:

• KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,180
    Member, Administrator, Nexon
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    edited October 15, 2017
    It's usually like this because a company can only test so much before releasing the patch. They do have computers they do test runs with some variants, but since personal computers vary...you can't accommodate for all the various software.

Question is that, why do WE have to adjust and fix the problem while its happening because of Nexon? There are many more people who don't check forum at all. Not being rude or anything but I'm just curious. I know you are just trying to help other people who are suffering this issue though which is thankful >.<)b

Usually the more information the better....Logging a ticket after researching and attempting to troubleshoot with the basics that they cover is a good practice. There is a standard when logging a ticket usually...I really wish they would post that format so things would go a lot smoother in helping people.
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited October 15, 2017
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    It's usually like this because a company can only test so much before releasing the patch. They do have computers they do test runs with some variants, but since personal computers vary...you can't accommodate for all the various software.
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Usually the more information the better....Logging a ticket after researching and attempting to troubleshoot with the basics that they cover is a good practice. There is a standard when logging a ticket usually...I really wish they would post that format so things would go a lot smoother in helping people.
    ↑ This ↑ ~ and even if they post that format, people will overlook it (some by accident and others will spitefully do it on-purpose). Either way, it should still be posted (what we truly need is a Form on thread creation, but that probably won't happen anytime soon). When I build a web-page (just for example), I try to use as little JavaScript as possible (I think most of us are the same in that respect), and it urks me to no end knowing I have no choice but to rely on (fully depend on) JavaScript to get the job done in the end (if I want it to work in all browsers). That said, Internet Explorer has driven me more insane than anything on the internet, and I sincerely mean that. I have to make multiple copies of each and every page I write and then use emulator tags on each (they're meta tags) to test them in each of the prior versions of Internet Explorer (for backward compatibility) to insure said page can be accessed by everyone who views it. Whoever said, "let's all have vendor-specific custom HTML and CSS"; needs to be tied up and gagged, shot between the eyes, and fed to the fish. :smirk:

Angelsama
  • AngelsamaAngelsama
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    So, I am here because I noticed about sept that this was happening to me. I am a guild leader on Alexina and every time I go to guild page to add someone I get disconnected from the entire game. It was fixed for a little bit and I was able to pay for my account but now it is nearing for me to pay again and I can't access any web pages through the game. I like so many people have to play with steam bc of windows 10 and trying to add money to my account is impossible. So how do we pay for our accounts when we can't access the web stuff from the game. I really will be upset if I lose my guild stone spot. And I reset everything and updated again ... reworked every possible angle. I went through nexon launcher as well to play the game and the same thing happens before I get thumped from the game when I do try to use the launcher just to play. Also, my officer gets this issue but not like me at least his will work randomly.