Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I don't want to be an Altruist anymore...

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited October 8, 2017 in Ruairi Chat
I am sick of glowing and just want to look like a normal player. I want people to stop asking about it. I hoped someone would eventually dethrone me, but it's been almost a year. Please take this curse from me. Thank you. XD

Gaea of Ruairi

P.S. If I can't get someone to dethrone me, think I could a GM to remove me?

Comments

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited October 8, 2017
    Sadly not, you have to just wait it til you're not of ranks anymore.

My problem is getting altruist points, but I don't really care either way. I helped so many ppl through that system without 1 single point.

Tis how the saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for."
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The servers are so dead that there's a chance of you getting stuck ranked to the top, even without any effort now :trollface:
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 8, 2017
    asnscorpio wrote: »

My problem is getting altruist points, but I don't really care either way. I helped so many ppl through that system without 1 single point.

Rip...

We should be able to toggle that stupid effect. It's too much. >_<
    Greta wrote: »
    The servers are so dead that there's a chance of you getting stuck ranked to the top, even without any effort now :trollface:

Greta...smh

Sigh... it's not just that. Hardly anyone knows about the Altruist system.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaea wrote: »

Rip...

Mini Effects + Tick = Profit. iHUHPgR.png
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    yeah I'm getting tired of the effect too and I only have the lowest one... zZzZz. if I could turn it on and off it would be better
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 8, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

Rip...

Mini Effects + Tick = Profit. iHUHPgR.png

But others can still see it.
    Arjune wrote: »
    yeah I'm getting tired of the effect too and I only have the lowest one... zZzZz. if I could turn it on and off it would be better

Yeah couldn't be a toggle option in the character window? That would be great.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Sigh... it's not just that. Hardly anyone knows about the Altruist system.
    It's part of the tutorial quests, now. ~ (but that doesn't mean they read the dialog).

People might feel funny asking for help (not everybody likes to; I know I don't).

#solonogi4lyfe
    [Deleted User]
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Oh, I was wondering why you were glowing so much.
    Now I know, thank you ^.^
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Sorry for asking about it @Gaea . I started around April and you were the only player I saw wearing all white, and I didn't know if the glow was from all the white or something else.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 12, 2017
    Redetsu wrote: »
    Sorry for asking about it @Gaea . I started around April and you were the only player I saw wearing all white, and I didn't know if the glow was from all the white or something else.

It's fine. I was happy to help you. It's just now it has become people asking about why I glow and how they can get that, and then I have to explain the altruist system, and that they have to visit the strange cat to complete the quest so they can become altruists too, yadda yadda, points, yadda, yankees, clouds...explodes.

I guess I should of thought about this thread more carefully considering the number of players I helped. I'm sorry to you and those players who may read this. Please understand my frustration.

I would gladly still be an altruist if I didn't GLOW. For christ sakes I already glow enough wearing all white. I still respond to help requests - however I respond to those requests outside of the altruist chat because I don't want my points going up. lol.

So yeah we really need a toggle option for that sparkle glow crap.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    . . . There's an altruist potion? I tried looking it up in the wiki but couldn't find anything for it. It makes you glow?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    . . . There's an altruist potion? I tried looking it up in the wiki but couldn't find anything for it. It makes you glow?

No, where did you hear that from?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

I think I misunderstood some of the stuff that was being said, sorry. So it is the act of reaching top ranks in Altruism that makes you glow, not getting a potion.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 30, 2017

I think I misunderstood some of the stuff that was being said, sorry. So it is the act of reaching top ranks in Altruism that makes you glow, not getting a potion.

Yes that is correct. You can alt your way up there if you wanted. But you will get a nasty gram from the current rank 1 holder, (who watches the ranks like a hawk). They are very sensitive about it. Kek.

Do it.

898.gif

For the record, I will not say their name. If anyone posts their name, it will be YOU breaking the CoC. Also I did not alt my way up there, my guild assisted me every day until I reached rank 1, on top of responding to other player requests. We were all curious about how to get the journal achievement - unfortunately being rank 1 does not achieve it.
    Rip.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    So, I have had my account since forever, and am only recently starting to get back into playing again after being without internet for far too long. A LOT has changed.... What is the "Altruist system"?