Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mafia Changes

YangKoeteYangKoete
Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
edited October 11, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Overall, Mafia's a past time in Mabi I quite enjoy, but overall...It seems a bit bland even though it's usually quite fun even with strangers. But as-is, it can use some additions and changes.

Gameplay;
1. Additional classes for Citizen side. I get extra classes can make it more like Town of Salem or whatever, but we could use at least one more for each. For the Citizens, there could be an additional class like a Spy to sneak in and be able to hear but not type in Mafia chat for one night only. After that, there could be a message of "Mafia has increased Security, you cannot listen in."
2. Additional classes for Mafia side. For the Mafia, they could have a class that can sabatoge a potential target that they think the Doctor is saving, or one that can mess with the Cop's inspection.
3. Make it so a party of 20 can be had to have more mafia and citizens for more fun.
4. If there's 14 or more, allow some classes to be doubled (Cop and Psychic)

Visual;
1. More furniture and "Toys" in rooms. We don't mind the small warehouse you play in, but it could use some touch-ups. Benches on the side or something, some crates/barrels in the middle and other things like that can help with the role playing aspect of Mafia.
2. More rooms/areas. Something like a small room all the time isn't as fun, so here's just a small list of areas I think would be fun; A resturant/bar/dining room, A small town/Village square (Such as a copy of Tir's areas but with more buildings/fencing. You can go in the buildings maybe as they'd be open-door instead), perhaps a park or forest?
3. Instead of the Mafia rule book, how about an NPC that's blocking a door to tell you how certain things work? I've only seen people toss out the books as soon as the game starts.

Yangkoete in Alexina.
SherriTaffyta

Comments

• FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    2. Additional classes for Mafia side. For the Mafia, they could have a class that can sabotage a potential target that they think the Doctor is saving, or one that can mess with the Cop's inspection.

This would not work because that person would most likely be mafia and when they discuss who to select in their private chat the one that can sabotage would make the doctor pointless to even have.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Falmosta wrote: »
    2. Additional classes for Mafia side. For the Mafia, they could have a class that can sabotage a potential target that they think the Doctor is saving, or one that can mess with the Cop's inspection.

This would not work because that person would most likely be mafia and when they discuss who to select in their private chat the one that can sabotage would make the doctor pointless to even have.

Not entirely. They won't know who the doctor is targeting.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Keyword: Who they think is being targetted for heal. Personally I like mabi mafia the way it is, I just wish they'd hold a event for it again to get it popular..again. Because Ive been dying to play it and no one on my server will (':
    Ellisya
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 17, 2017
    It's usually impossible now to even find people willing to play Mafia. It requires a lot of people and I only know like two people willing to play with me if I asked them.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    We usually wait after the banquet and play as a guild.
  • TaffytaTaffyta
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Good suggestions. More roles would be fun! I'd really like it if we didn't have to vote to execute someone on the first round. Kinda sucks for whoever gets killed before they even get to do anything.
    YangKoeteSherri
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Taffyta wrote: »
    Good suggestions. More roles would be fun! I'd really like it if we didn't have to vote to execute someone on the first round. Kinda sucks for whoever gets killed before they even get to do anything.

Yeah, that way you can at least establish RP stuff.