Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Skill Training (Math) Question

BattBatt
Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
in Help
Okay, just a quick question:

(Talent Skill Training x2) + (Skill Pot x2) + (Training Event x2)=???

I know it's not a double skill training event, at the moment, but I've been preparing myself for it (any idea when it will be?). Anyways, when you stack those three items together, do you get x8 or x16 training?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    2+2+2=6

I hope you are a preschooler.
  • BattBatt
    Um, I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. In the game, I believe the training either multiplies or squares itself. Thanks for your insult, though.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Batt wrote: »

I know it's not a double skill training event, at the moment, but I've been preparing myself for it (any idea when it will be?). Anyways, when you stack those three items together, do you get x8 or x16 training?

You multiply them together, so it would be x2x2x2 = x8
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 21, 2017
    Okay, how it gets multiplied? Explain me. I never even bothered to research such things. I just drink potions as much as possible lol.
  • BattBatt
    Thank you, Jeremy.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited October 21, 2017
    jjeremy is correct as to how Mabinogi handles the stacking of various types of training-enhancement. You can easily get to 16x during a training-event by also being in the proper talent - using a talent specific potion - and also using an all-skills potion. A person over level 100 could take this even further, but that's far less practical to pull off.
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Yes the multipliers Multiply each other. She was looking for more clarity on how it was programmed and not the math itself

You multiply them together, so it would be x2x2x2 = x8 is correct
  • VaniaVania
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,065
    You could reach up to 32x training if you use a complete skill exp potion and the Nao's receiver title if you have those, in addition to the ones listed in your post.

On top of that, you can consider reaching level 100+ in your talent to get an additional +50% training bonus (and an additional 5% per 10 levels until you hit level 200), and alban training stones that give extra exp in a certain talent (only in the Alban dungeon though), and the skill exp boost from Tuan if you're training music skills. Lastly you can consider making exp reforged item for certain life skills but it can be costly...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited October 21, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    2+2+2=6

I hope you are a preschooler.

He is asking whether it is 2x the base amount, essentially adding 2+2+2 together, or 2x the previous training bonus amount, which is 2x2x2. It is not a question of mathematical calculations, but what math function does the training bonus operate under.

And it is multiplicative, with x16 (x32 for music)

Talent bonus*Talent Specific Pot*All Skill Pot*Double Rainbow*Tuans Spirit.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yeah, it would be x8.
    x2 X x2 = x4
    but when you have another x2, it multiplies the already multiplied number, which makes it x8.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    But- I thought 2 x 2 = <><

:* Ignore me~ im bored.
    pawcalypse
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Well, to make it as easy to understand as possible.

First training is multiplied by 2 typically via a talent.

Then that 2x training is multiplied by 2, becoming 4x.

And then if you go beyond that, 4x is doubled into 8x.

And it keeps going up from there.

So if you get clever, you can train some skills stupid fast.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    That's ridiculous lol.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I dont see how 3 2s make an 8 I've always remembered getting 6x training bonus not 8.
    Its just like how everyone is like oh boy cant wait for my 64x training exp.
    And i've never seen anything above like 10.
    Greta
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    What on earth are the two of you smoking, skill training doublers have always been multiplicative.

Look at the training counts, not the system messages.
    SherriShouK
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 22, 2017
    Eralea wrote: »
    What on earth are the two of you smoking, skill training doublers have always been multiplicative.

For your information, i never did smoke and never will. ;)

EDIT: Okay, now i understand what you guys meant. It makes sense to me now. Lol silly me, i never realized that.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Greta wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »

For your information, i never did smoke and never will. ;)

EDIT: Okay, now i understand what you guys meant. It makes sense to me now. Lol silly me, i never realized that.

: P No your just a bit on the blind side<3
    Jk~ dont kill me
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Batt wrote: »

It's exponential

2x Talent X 2x Skill Pot X 2x Event = 8x skill training

2x Talent X 2x Skill Pot X 2x Event x 2x Complete Training pot = 16 training.

• AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Opalthira wrote: »
    I dont see how 3 2s make an 8 I've always remembered getting 6x training bonus not 8.
    Its just like how everyone is like oh boy cant wait for my 64x training exp.
    And i've never seen anything above like 10.

23 = 8
    pawcalypse