Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Resolution Issues???

LeoujiLeouji
Mabinogi Rep: 925
edited October 25, 2017 in Technical Support
So before I would run mabi at 1366x768 with no issues on Full screen w/widescreen enabled (Laptop) . Recently got a new computer a desktop, tried running 1366x768 again (same Monitor) but i get this weird resolution, It says it stays at 1366x768 but It looks Compressed to the center of the screen. (Will attach pics) Anybody know of or heard of something that could help? I feel like i could be missing something too though.

9lc0mx.jpg

72smrs.jpg

Comments

• LeoujiLeouji
    I did, like i said in the first part everything was the same setup as it was before. Widescreen mode on at 1366x768 16:9
    [Deleted User]
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    I had a similar issue on my previous computer.
    Some resolution wouldn't fill the screen as they should (most likely due to the fact that a non native resolution was used)
    If you have a Nvidia GPU, I suggest trying to change setting on this screen (on both "Scaling" and "Size" tab) :
    qyn2JJz.png

If you don't, I assume the same kind of parameters exists somewhere, but I can't help ^^;
    [Deleted User]Leouji
  • LeoujiLeouji
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if that's what you meant (at first); that's why I asked. Have you updated the drivers for whatever GPU (if any) you have on your new computer? Press the Windows Key+R together to 'open the Run window' and type devmgmt.msc into the text field and hit Enter on your keyboard, or press the OK button. This will open the Device Manager. Collapse the menu so you can see the entries below your Computer's name (I have mine censored in the below screenshot). Collapse the entry for Display adapters and then right-click on whatever adapter is there and click 'Update driver'. If you know there's a specific card in this computer and it's not being shown (when you do what I previously said), right-click on your computer's name at the top of the list and click 'Scan for hardware changes' and then, when that's done; go back and check the Display adapters list again. ~ (Edit: Make sure you have Windows Updates enabled; else the above might not update after a scan).

suK145U.png

Everything was up to date. Everything that is supposed to be there, is there. still having the issue I think Lidrster might be onto something, tested other games along with the 1366x768 options and most of all of them worked perfectly. that's why i'm confused lol.
  • LeoujiLeouji
    Lidrster wrote: »
    I had a similar issue on my previous computer.
    Some resolution wouldn't fill the screen as they should (most likely due to the fact that a non native resolution was used)
    If you have a Nvidia GPU, I suggest trying to change setting on this screen (on both "Scaling" and "Size" tab) :
    qyn2JJz.png

If you don't, I assume the same kind of parameters exists somewhere, but I can't help ^^;

As i told hardmuscle, Everything is up to date and other games are running at that resolution without any problems. only reason it confuses me, lol.
  • LeoujiLeouji
    It's my monitor, It does not support 1080 res. but my video card forces it to 1080 when in full screen. - .-