Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Chapter 8: Generation 26 "Winds of Fate" Part 1 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/92712/g26-winds-of-fate-part-1-patch-notes-july-11th-2024
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lots of dailies that need 3+ ppl huh?

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
Posts: 381
Member
edited November 5, 2017 in General Chat
We are having lots of TDF and Sulfur Spider lately, I see your game nexon, very well played... Its perfect for this kind of events

VERY well played indeed~

source.gif
DancinForMoneySaiBlissfulkillHarukariSherriClovis15

Comments

  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Posts: 675
    Member
    UGH. I hate this rotation of dailies. I hate SS and Tailt Defense with a passion. I always skip it.
    SheenaBlissfulkillSherriJianto
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,735
    Posts: 314
    Member
    TDB is what I hate the most, it takes around 18 minutes and it's so damn terrible with those stupid NPCs that can't even do something good and avoid splitting the mobs all around the zone... SS it's good if you have a good party and it gives a lot of exp (with the nightmare shadow crystals we got it's even better)
    Sheena
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Posts: 2,795
    Member
    TDB to me is boring, and it is regardless of levels. When I do go, I shack up with 6 to have disconnection back up. Never understood how people can go with three.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Posts: 667
    Member
    edited November 5, 2017
    I hate any and all castle missions and party missions. mostly because 18 orbs in tara gets repetitive, and party mission, because I'm more of a solo player (except for girg raids). I do run 'em though during this event, because coins
    Yokkaichi
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Posts: 836
    Member
    edited November 5, 2017
    I'm fine with Sulfur Spider. (My bf and I cheese it with Hydra/bash/ninja.. ezpz)

    Tail Defensive Battle takes way too long to finish. zzz

    And if I'm alone? Well, I just go to the market channel and find a group of random people.
    I like missions that you can use potent shadow crystals on, but if they take forever to finish. Blah!!
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    I mean yeah, Tail defensive battle takes a long time.

    But because I can kill an entire wave with 1 Fireball even on Elite, I spend most of my time during it just listening to music or conversing with whoever gets a free pass to sit around at my gate.

    And Sulfur spider is meant for a large group, and goes by fast when you have one.
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Posts: 98
    Member
    Sheena wrote: »
    We are having lots of TDF and Sulfur Spider lately, I see your game nexon, very well played... Its perfect for this kind of events

    VERY well played indeed~

    Just FYI, the daily mission are not manually chosen, there is a deterministic algorithm behind it.
    I clearly remember using a calendar that shows daily mission for any date, and it was accurate for regular daily missions (tho it was sometimes failing for VIP missions)

  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    U no like leechin? o3o

    Tail def is the only time I can leeech without getting flamed 4 it.

    I call it my catch up days. I que up all my shows I've missed during the week whenever tail is cycled in. :*
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Posts: 2,818
    Member
    You can solo Sulfur Spiders, y'know. Just do all your SMs on Basic if it's that difficult.
    What ticks me off is Tail Defensive Battle, Provocation, any of those SMs that force you to bring two other people.
    KokoroVaughanEramystPolicromaJazmynShadowtivaniNekoLilyVimipurpley
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    edited November 5, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »
    U no like leechin? o3o

    Tail def is the only time I can leeech without getting flamed 4 it.

    I call it my catch up days. I que up all my shows I've missed during the week whenever tail is cycled in. :*

    I hate leechers, they are the scum of every single mmorpg game after bot users. Just like that horse dude called Siegfried or something like that that leechs ever since day one of Mabinogi, I found him years ago and ever since then i blocked him
    SherriObsim
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Posts: 2,818
    Member
    edited November 5, 2017
    Sheena wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    U no like leechin? o3o

    Tail def is the only time I can leeech without getting flamed 4 it.

    I call it my catch up days. I que up all my shows I've missed during the week whenever tail is cycled in. :*

    I hate leechers, they are the scum of every single mmorpg game after bot users. Just like that horse dude called Siegfried or something like that that leechs ever since day one of Mabinogi, I found him years ago and ever since then i blocked him and tell people to kick him right away

    Actually, no.


    They are the scum of Earth itself.
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 28
    Member
    Sheena wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    U no like leechin? o3o

    Tail def is the only time I can leeech without getting flamed 4 it.

    I call it my catch up days. I que up all my shows I've missed during the week whenever tail is cycled in. :*

    I hate leechers, they are the scum of every single mmorpg game after bot users. Just like that horse dude called Siegfried or something like that that leechs ever since day one of Mabinogi, I found him years ago and ever since then i blocked him and tell people to kick him right away

    Are you at least fine with people who at least ask first? When I couldn't hit very hard at all, I'd usually ask if it was okay. I didn't like being a wasted slot, but most were okay with it. If I was told no, I'd stay out of it.

    This of course was when I didn't have master titles. Poor me.
    SherriLeinei
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Posts: 2,795
    Member
    edited November 5, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    U no like leechin? o3o

    Tail def is the only time I can leeech without getting flamed 4 it.

    I call it my catch up days. I que up all my shows I've missed during the week whenever tail is cycled in. :*

    I hate leechers, they are the scum of every single mmorpg game after bot users. Just like that horse dude called
    or something like that that leechs ever since day one of Mabinogi, I found him years ago and ever since then i blocked him and tell people to kick him right away

    Actually, no.


    They are the scum of Earth itself.

    -clears throat-
    That horsey did not leech. He did not just stand there and do nothing. He help with attacking stuff which make him not a leecher since he contribute to the run.

    But really if someone want to roleplay as a horse then let them roleplay as a horse. Not dealing high enough damage is not a good reason for calling someone scum or leecher.

    Back on topic
    I actually love tdb and ss since i have good shuriken for it and the reward is pretty good.

    I disagree. It IS a legitimate reason reason to call someone a leech, when someone gimps themselves hard enough, or the mission is so knowingly far out of their league, and they have not asked whether or not they could leech. This is both an intentional action, and one requiring great severity in equipment reduction.

    I was running a TDB Elite, and he kept spamming join despite my efforts to manually stop him, including black listing. My reasoning is that unlike Shadow Wizard Elite, TDB Elite expects a greater contribution of its party members. I felt it wouldn't have been fair for the person who would have to account for his self gimping, and to the whole party. With Shadow Wizard Elite, you usually get complete overkill.

    Although....

    Really.png

    Really people? This is what happens when we become too lazy to walk 25 meters to the nearest moongate!

    (Yes, I counted the number of people seated. It was 5 people, out of an 8 person mission. We had to trio the remaining orbs.)

    Edit: I know we dislike this guy, but we cannot name names for a reason. I hate witch hunts.
    Sherri
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 251
    Member
    guys you can do any mission, there is no requirement to do the daily one.
    courtneyy
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,785
    Posts: 1,314
    Member
    watercat0 wrote: »
    guys you can do any mission, there is no requirement to do the daily one.

    there is for the Halloween event. can only do daily missions to get pumpkin coins. VIP daily missions will also count if you are a VIP member.
    Sherri
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    U no like leechin? o3o

    Tail def is the only time I can leeech without getting flamed 4 it.

    I call it my catch up days. I que up all my shows I've missed during the week whenever tail is cycled in. :*

    I hate leechers, they are the scum of every single mmorpg game after bot users. Just like that horse dude called
    or something like that that leechs ever since day one of Mabinogi, I found him years ago and ever since then i blocked him and tell people to kick him right away

    Actually, no.


    They are the scum of Earth itself.

    -clears throat-
    That horsey did not leech. He did not just stand there and do nothing. He help with attacking stuff which make him not a leecher since he contribute to the run.

    But really if someone want to roleplay as a horse then let them roleplay as a horse. Not dealing high enough damage is not a good reason for calling someone scum or leecher.

    Back on topic
    I actually love tdb and ss since i have good shuriken for it and the reward is pretty good.

    I disagree. It IS a legitimate reason reason to call someone a leech, when someone gimps themselves hard enough, or the mission is so knowingly far out of their league, and they have not asked whether or not they could leech. This is both an intentional action, and one requiring great severity in equipment reduction.

    I was running a TDB Elite, and he kept spamming join despite my efforts to manually stop him, including black listing. My reasoning is that unlike Shadow Wizard Elite, TDB Elite expects a greater contribution of its party members. I felt it wouldn't have been fair for the person who would have to account for his self gimping, and to the whole party. With Shadow Wizard Elite, you usually get complete overkill.

    When it comes to my own parties, my term for a leech is "Someone that does literally nothing, and does not even try to fight. Thus becoming a wasted party slot and replaceable by anyone."
    Always been how I did MA parties. Mostly since I prefer to teach people and help them grow.

    Only exception is Tail Defensive Battle.
    All I care then is that the gates are defended.
    I'll even joke about leeching in this mission, telling whoever gets placed at my gate that they can just hang back and do nothing.
    Since the moment any wave spawns my Fireball slaughters the group on the spot. Even on Elite.

    Not like we can speed it up anyway. TDB is just one glorified autoscroller.
    Only far less interesting and with a lot less going on.
    Sherri
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    edited November 5, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    -clears throat-
    That horsey did not leech. He did not just stand there and do nothing. He help with attacking stuff which make him not a leecher since he contribute to the run.

    But really if someone want to roleplay as a horse then let them roleplay as a horse. Not dealing high enough damage is not a good reason for calling someone scum or leecher.

    He DID back in the day, idk if that horse changed its path to the light side of the force or not.
    Jaridavin wrote: »
    Are you at least fine with people who at least ask first? When I couldn't hit very hard at all, I'd usually ask if it was okay. I didn't like being a wasted slot, but most were okay with it. If I was told no, I'd stay out of it.

    This of course was when I didn't have master titles. Poor me.

    It depends on my mood and/or if i used an elite pass.

    It would be great if they ask first, but the problem is that in all my years of experience NO ONE does that, they are like: READY and GOGOGOGO and deep in my heart im like: OK EVERYONE LETS DO THIS!!, And the first thing i see is people sitting at the start or go on their pets pretending that they would go and help with the mission, but then i end up catching them sitting on a far corner eating cookies and Sh*t.

    We need a KICK from the party and mission option, why should I do all the work while people that doesn't even want to play the game or are bloody lazy get rewarded for doing nothing and i should be ok with it?

    I love helping people if they ask for it, but people that doesnt asks at all are kinda annoying
    SherriBlissfulkill
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Posts: 1,009
    Member
    I have been invited to do shadow missions by super strong people doing strong SM and they kill everything before I can even get an arrow out... its boring and I hate being a "leecher"... as im there to fight and gain skill exp.... like, why would someone leech on purpose? How is that fun? Lol. >.>
    SherriHarukarikapapa
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Posts: 836
    Member
    People got to realize when the party is doing stupid amounts of damage and killing enemies left and right, sometimes you can't really do anything but sit there.
    Not everyone is decked out in end-game gear, not everyone has a total level of 10k+

    I don't even care if someone leeches.

    I love carrying new players through elite missions to help them out with their leveling.

    Nothing makes me feel more satisfied then seeing a new player getting stronger along the way, seeing that they can solo missions without any help. Thinking to myself "I helped them get where they are today."

    It's a wonderful feeling, maybe some of you guys should give it a try, instead of complaining about someone leeching in shadow missions.

    GentlemenJazmynSherripurpley
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Posts: 1,009
    Member
    Harukari wrote: »
    People got to realize when the party is doing stupid amounts of damage and killing enemies left and right, sometimes you can't really do anything but sit there.
    Not everyone is decked out in end-game gear, not everyone has a total level of 10k+

    I don't even care if someone leeches.

    I love carrying new players through elite missions to help them out with their leveling.

    Nothing makes me feel more satisfied then seeing a new player getting stronger along the way, seeing that they can solo missions without any help. Thinking to myself "I helped them get where they are today."

    It's a wonderful feeling, maybe some of you guys should give it a try, instead of complaining about someone leeching in shadow missions.

    Honest question, not trying to argue as ive had people offer to level me that way and i appreciate it, but, HOW does leveling help a newbie? It doesnt upgrade your skills, it makes every single sm level based generation quest a hundred times more difficult, you do not get free nao revive crystals anymore, you do not get a pet bonus from nao anymore.... etc.... like, ive seriously been dying to ask someone, what leveling does to help a newbie?

    Im stuck on generation quests on my main character, forced her to stop at total level 997, working on other characters now so i dont lose my revives for low level and rank characters... but the quests were stupidly difficult.... with the giragashy thing... like what IS that nexon?? Why is it so stupidly hard?? This is why you have no new players. >.>