Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

best commerce partner

nevyn25nevyn25
Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
in Help
I've been pondering over which commerce partner to buy. basically what I'm wondering is... is the 100 extra weight william gives compared to the other partner and the small ducats bonus at higher likability worth it nx-wise? because personality wise I like the original commerce partner slightly better

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    William, along with Laigh, can give lucky red/blue stones in their gift boxes.

Normal commerce partner cannot.

Pretty easy decision there.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    are those luckies tradable though? because I don't have much use for 'em otherwise
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 8, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Nope not tradeable.

I would vote for normal commerce partner since she is adorable.

Plus commerce is outdated the only thing worth it from there are skill books.

While they are not tradable, it's good to horde them for easy upgrades for new weapons. They don't expire either. Because of my partners I have a couple stacks of lucky upgrade stones. I can upgrade stuff with little to no drama.
    Sherrinevyn25MikuV3Clovis15
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    There's also the fact that William's outfit - if you rob all of his clothes - actually makes you faster while engaging in commerce, which is another perk beyond him having a superior daily-gift loot-table. By the way, Commerce becomes an excellent-source of easy Gold once you get to specific higher-tier items (such as the Succubus Swimsuits in Dunbarton).
    nevyn25
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Going by their bonuses, the William partner is better, since his bonus is slightly bigger.

Regular Commerce Partner is +1 slot, +100 weight.
    William is +1 slot, +200 weight.

Then William also has another very very slight bonus, depending on his Likeability.
    Going from +0% to +3% ducats (though not gold or exp) earned from selling commerce goods.
    Though that's only if you still have him summoned after travelling to the destination and selling them.
    So if you unsummon your partner during the trip, this bonus isn't worth mentioning.

And his outfit, if you use a Partner Trade Unlock potion to get it off of him, can be reforged for up to the maximum of Transport Speed 20 if you've got Commerce Reforging Tools to use on it.
    And his glasses come with a special Idle Animation when worn.
    Though if you don't want to use Partner Trade Unlock potions, then these also aren't worth mentioning.

That being said, since William isn't on sale, like the normal Commerce Partner is, it's kinda hard to recommend him over her for now.
    Those William gift boxes are good though.
    nevyn25