Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Influx of shop bots.

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited December 10, 2017 in General Chat
kOs0A7p.jpg

Today they took up just about half the space on the left shopping area in Belvast.

I think Nexon needs to step up security on steam or something.

Pic was taken at 4:00am PST on Alexina ch1
SylviaWolfecourtneyyGretapawcalypse

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited December 10, 2017
    So bot shop is the new gold farming since Nexon nerfed alot of the easy high gold payout(Dat a bot culd farm) methods?
    1429541057404.gif

Do they make back all their CS spending+profit tho? :o

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Rhey wrote: »
    So bot shop is the new gold farming since Nexon nerfed alot of the easy high gold payout(Dat a bot culd farm) methods?
    1429541057404.gif

they use stolen karma koin codes, and I'm assuming illegitimate credit cards as well or otherwise they wouldn't make money back
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Seriously, these guys take away all the precious space with their stupid Fine/Credne's Reforges and Trade Unlock Potions... So annoying...
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Greta wrote: »
    Seriously, these guys take away all the precious space with their stupid Fine/Credne's Reforges and Trade Unlock Potions... So annoying...

I'm sure a lot of people disagree with you, because those shops are mostly empty all the time
    VeylaineRaishiiXiokunBehelitBlissfulkill
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited December 10, 2017
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    I'm sure a lot of people disagree with you, because those shops are mostly empty all the time

Empty because people actually buy from the bots. I'll admit I've bought from their shops in the past.. But I have stopped doing it.
    They will never go away if people are gonna continue buying from them.
    They just keep getting worse. Oh well..

*Shrugs*
    Darkpixie99Buffalos
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited December 10, 2017

If it's being used for money laundering, then they don't have to make their original investment back. They just need to replace piles of stolen credit card money with somewhat less "legit" money. So the reforges are being sold at a very low value for a reason.
    Harukari wrote: »

Empty because people actually buy from the bots. I'll admit I've bought from their shops in the past.. But I have stopped doing it.

I will admit to having bought from them in the past, but that was back when I thought a player was doing it for their own benefit. It's been going on way too long to be a player. I'm honestly wondering if they should put some sort of high level limit (like 2k total) on reforges, since there's no real point in using them until you're at the point of endgame anyway. (Not that 2k is endgame. More like trying to find a reasonable balance.) Yeah, it would probably be a stinky idea, but I don't have any better suggestions aside from constantly banning the goldbots.

Oddly I do not see a goldbot in Dunby this morning and no advertising bots in Belvast.
    Nevermind, they're back.
    GretaDarkpixie99Pip-Boy
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    At first, I thought the bots in Belvast were just idling around shops with nothing to do, so I'd blacklist all of them. Once did that to like 15+ of them, only to see the same amount back the next day X_X. I've stopped blacklisting the idle ones, only the ones that spam your chat.
    Sigh
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 10, 2017

Seen most shops being full or half full for few hours. No one even bothered buying them until Reforge Event happened. At least reforge prices are lower now... Still i hate how they make multiple shops selling same crap. Also noticed that most shops make their reforge prices lower by 1k on each shop to lure in some players lol. Plus, the shops would be more useful if their owners would actively restock the items in shop, without leaving empty shops opened for darn ~8 hours. Would suggest making some kind of restriction like if shop gets empty, it instantly closes itself, freeing that space which you claimed long ago and now you are just afk leaving it empty.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Seen most shops being full or half full for few hours. No one even bothered buying them until Reforge Event happened.
    Lol back when the price are mostly less than 270k, the shops selling the lower prices are almost always empty after a few hours. A lot of people do buy them every day.
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 10, 2017
    ShouK wrote: »
    Seen most shops being full or half full for few hours. No one even bothered buying them until Reforge Event happened.
    Lol back when the price are mostly less than 270k, the shops selling the lower prices are almost always empty after a few hours. A lot of people do buy them every day.

Tried buying them too. But after i noticed that i wasted darn 8-10m gold and my Gloomy still stayed at r2, i said myself "Nope, this is literally gambling, never again". Probably more worth it to buy from someone a fully reforged/upgraded/enchanted gear and never feel ripped off by RNG ever again. The fees on every reforge you buy is a huge waste too.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Probably more worth it to buy from someone a fully reforged/upgraded/enchanted gear and never feel ripped off by RNG ever again. The fees on every reforge you buy is a huge waste too.
    That only works if the gear you're looking for is common.. I had to reforge my gun myself because it's so hard to find one that is double range upgraded.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    If people priced reforges reasonably, I'd be more appalled at this development. I can't seem to care.
    VeylaineTheOthicRaishiiXiokunPip-BoyLutetiumpawcalypseShouKetri[Deleted User]and 2 others.
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    Useless thread trying to stop money laundering good luck since they're probably using overseas creditors and if they get banned they'll just make another character and start the whole process again

with that being said
    Siodhan wrote: »
    If people priced reforges reasonably, I'd be more appalled at this development. I can't seem to care.

[Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    they use stolen karma koin codes, and I'm assuming illegitimate credit cards as well or otherwise they wouldn't make money back

With how many times they get reported, I would HOPE that if they use illegal methods that they would have been killed off already. Odds are they are using Steam funds gained from the trading market which, sketchy as it may be, is entirely legal.
    TheOthic
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Policroma wrote: »

If it's being used for money laundering, then they don't have to make their original investment back. They just need to replace piles of stolen credit card money with somewhat less "legit" money. So the reforges are being sold at a very low value for a reason.
    Harukari wrote: »

I will admit to having bought from them in the past, but that was back when I thought a player was doing it for their own benefit. It's been going on way too long to be a player. I'm honestly wondering if they should put some sort of high level limit (like 2k total) on reforges, since there's no real point in using them until you're at the point of endgame anyway. (Not that 2k is endgame. More like trying to find a reasonable balance.) Yeah, it would probably be a stinky idea, but I don't have any better suggestions aside from constantly banning the goldbots.

Oddly I do not see a goldbot in Dunby this morning and no advertising bots in Belvast.
    Nevermind, they're back.

This is concerning. I hear Chinese are trying to get their money out of the country because of many are saying their bubble economy will soon pop. They've been doing this by buying up otherwise cheap real estate for huge sums so I wouldn't put it past them to launder money this way.

I've also bought from them but I thought that it was a player using a bot a to sell items. This explanation makes much more sense, however.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Lol that's a pretty complicated scheme to launder money
    It's much simpler to go to a Trump hotel
  • PoxiePoxie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,820
    1429570547884.gif

I see the word influx and this is all i can think of O-O but yeah these bots are getting out of hand
    pawcalypseDarkpixie99
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Maybe an instant refill option should noted, and a level requirement to boot. Now the market is getting saturated with reforges, and less people are buying.

How it would work: For Stacked items, you can an option upon placing into the shop to "Quantities per sell", which would allow you to sell increments for a specific price per increment. These items, in the shop, will be indicated by a blue outline or such to differentiate them from whole stacks being sold or otherwise.

Come on now, I need space too, darn it.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 10, 2017
    Froglord wrote: »
    kOs0A7p.jpg

Today they took up just about half the space on the left shopping area in Belvast.

I think Nexon needs to step up security on steam or something.

Pic was taken at 4:00am PST on Alexina ch1

Finally someone else mentioned it - all they sell is pretty much the same things; reforge items. There is one that sold Trade unlock.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Honestly, if people didn't price reforges at like 600kper fine and1.5m per credene, then more people would ignore the bots, but until then, I personally think 200k reforges are a good price.
    VeylaineLutetiumpawcalypseXiokunEunyo