Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Old player looking to return, what has changed?

whirlpool531whirlpool531
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in General Chat
So I started way back when Mabinogi came out and then briefly came back around G15 and Commerce's introduction. Got human/giant/elf through revamped G2 and I think one of them through G3. I'm looking at Mabi World's wiki to get the giant overview but was wondering if someone could do a basic summary or point me to some of the best guides to explain it all. I'm not familiar with Destinies, I see a bunch of ability balancing has occurred. I'm curious aside from re-balancing what has been added mainly, it seems a daily quest system at least?

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Patches

Funny thing is, most of the newer players these days won't be familiar with Destinies either. The Destiny system was scrapped a long time ago and replaced with Talents. For the most part it's just a way to get double training exp for certain skillsets. A few items require you to be in a specific talent in order to craft them.
    [Deleted User]
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited December 14, 2017
    A brief summary off the top of my head of everything "new" added since g15:
    The entire skill system was entirely reworked with the Genesis update. Skills load practically instantly and instead have cool downs. Pets still use the old system if you wanna compare.
    Destiny system was reworked into Talent system. Stat caps are 1500 instead of 999. There are a lot of new skills such as Fighter Talent, Music Talent, Puppet Talent, Gunner talent, Ninja talent, and Crusader skills. A new talent is coming very soon too. Also individual skills like dance of death, and transformation mastery and the "Hidden Talent". There's an entire tab for "unlearned skills" so you can see what you dont have and how to aquire the skills on your Skill page.
    Knuckle weapons are now all races and not just Giant exclusive.
    There were some quality of life changes to various activities like Rafting, Banquets, and music playing.
    Hillwen Engineering and Magic crafting are new life skills that are very mainstream right now for most new craftables.
    There are now Daily quests that give you adventure seals that can be traded for very useful items.

Rebirth is Free and Weekly now.

There's a cash currency along side NX called Pons now.
    Theres a Style tab for cosmetic clothing items to wear over your armor, though you gotta pay for it with pons or VIP.
    You can change appearance in the dressing room tab without a rebirth, premium options require pons, though some new cosmetics require dumb coupons from gachas instead. (Right now, due to an event, you can change appearance for free!)
    Special Talents called Ace Talents also require you to pay, its essentially several talents in one.
    Talents essentially act as a x2 training buff to whatever skills fall under it, plus a bias to certain stat increases on level up.

New questlines: G17 (Nightmare) and G18 (Saga 1, and Saga 2) Saga can be repeated for its rewards. G19 and G20 grant access to Special Raids and Alban training grounds, aswell as 4 skills, one of which gives your pet a massive power boost, making them relevant battle companions again outside of their summoning AOE. G21 has just been revealed in Korea.
    There's a questline relating to Dance of Death that unlocks an entire new dungeon with an Echo Stone mechanic that buffs your stats past the cap.
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    edited December 14, 2017
    Some more notes as a long-time player:

Leveling and training skills are MUCH easier now. Getting to level 100 in a couple days is pretty easy. There are certain shadow missions (Daily Mission) that give double XP, robes that give 10% XP bonus, and items (Shadow Crystals) that can give up to 400% more XP. You can get 2-3m XP from a single shadow mission.

So is training most skills, as you can get very high training multipliers. Talent, Skill-specific potions, all-skill potions, "the Returned" title, events, etc all give x2 multipliers. Also reforges and being over level 100 adds more points per count. There are potions that train 100% of a level of a skill, and many of them are fairly inexpensive. You can use APs to train skills, and by doing the various daily quests (of which there are like 20) you can get items that train 5% or 15% of a skill. The only skills that are really a pin to train are the ones with long cooldowns.

You can be ridiculously strong now. New equipment is out that is much higher damage than the old gear. Dan ranks that go beyond r1 in skills and can boost the skill effects. Special upgrades to weapons that add even more damage. New enchants, but especially REFORGES. Reforges broke the game IMHO. Reduced Cooldowns, more damage, wider areas of effect, etc. People do 6-digit damage under certain circumstances.

They completely redid alchemy, and got rid of the specialized alchemy crystals. Wind Guard lets you use the trans skill Giant Full Swing with zero cooldown between strikes. And they cut the CD of GFS in trans in half from 10s to 5s. You can pay gold to jump to any moon gate or mana tunnel from anywhere at any time, and they added a ton of new ones (more than necessary).

Hardmode dungeons now require a special pass, not just a different lobby with a normal pass. Dungeon rewards seem to have been boosted too. Iria dungeons give exploration XP items, for example.
  • Ch3ddahCh3ddah
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Maybe another returning player as well, is it worth it to have 2 mains with the game now or is it detrimental?