Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

44 STEAMPUNK boxes for 4 STEAMPUNK items.

Comments

• TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited December 2, 2017
    Loosely defined and uncertain categories.
    what we do know it involves spending quite a big amount for what ever period of time someone sees fit.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    watercat0 wrote: »
    let me fix that

10 or less: fish
    50-100: dolphin
    100-500: whale
    500-1000: Atlantan
    1000-1M+: Apocrypha

Please, what about those that buys the company?
    TrythisRheySherriImaizumiWolfandWolf
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 2, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »

Sixty dollars Bobo is paying toward the game is still sixty dollars that someone else isn't paying.

what does that have to do with being a whale or not? Many people try the gacha in numbers of like 20-50 ... they're not all considered whales are they?

"Noun, 1. high roller - one who spends lavishly and ostentatiously on entertainment;"

that's what a whale is. people who buy 20-50 gachas just aren't in that category so I don't know what you're trying to argue with the 60 dollars thing. Everyone who buys NX are supporters of the game, but only a few of them can truly be considered whales. Is it an insult to not be considered a whale if you only spend 60 dollars per gacha? I don't know why you're trying to argue with me at all. did I upset you? O.o

I'm not trying to argue at all, so I don't know why you're assuming that I am. I was basically saying anyone who pays toward the game is helping fund it as opposed to those who can't or won't for whatever reason. O_o
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    let me fix that

They're Lex Lutherans. :*

@ least he spent it across different games. All of my eggs($20k+) are in Nexon's basket tho. :s :( :'(
    pawcalypseSherriVeylaine
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm now publicly boycotting Nexon and their gacha practices. (Made a party on Mari and everything)
    This won't work. I know. But it makes me feel strong so it works for me.
    Can't wait to be cussed out by whales.
    GretaVeylaineSheenaComicArtistpawcalypse
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Leinei wrote: »

I'm not trying to argue at all, so I don't know why you're assuming that I am. I was basically saying anyone who pays toward the game is helping fund it as opposed to those who can't or won't for whatever reason. O_o

I guess it just seemed like an argument because I was not implying that those 44 gachas weren't supportive to the game. I was only saying that it wasn't really enough to be considered a 'whale'
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited December 2, 2017
    let me fix that

"The Bats"
    640?cb=20150421060332
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Friend gave me 10k nx for my upcoming birthday. Spent it mostly on steampunk gacha (like 7 boxes) and got fallen fairy M outfit, Marcan trans and other junk items.

Complained like usual to friend cause my luck is so bad as always and he decides to buy some gacha cause he usually has uncanny luck and got the steamstress F dress. by uncanny luck I MEAN UNCANNY LUCK. He once pulled 7 wings or so from gacha in one setting. I blame desire sensor. Cmon he has no interest in the gacha himself and he has this much luck??? jealous. I think he only spent 5k, too so.
    WolfandWolf
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    From 18, I pulled: Two pairs of wings (Not the ones I wanted but I washappy I got wings and I was able to trade one pair to someone that made them very happy) I got fallen fairy female (I already had, but I welcomed it because I NEVER get female items ) Stream punk eye patch, and a few welcoming dyes.

I'm not complaining at all. This haul was MILES times better what I got from the MMOJunkie gacha. (Which I did 18 off and got nothing I could even make ANY profit off)

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I am waiting for the government to be like, well if you guys have this much money to spend on stuff like this perhaps there should be a income tax increase.

lol.

But seriously though, if they knew the full scope of all our spending on these games I really do think that is something that would cross their minds.
    Imaizumipawcalypse
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I don't complain too much on it, though. I mean at least I get /something/ from gacha even if it is absolute junk. I don't bother buying lottery tickets because its a hit or miss, you don't even get $1 at least.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    Hazurah wrote: »
    Katherz wrote: »
    • Tara Infrantry Armor (M)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Armor (F)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Armor (Giant M)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Armor (Giant F)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Helmet (M)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Helmet (F)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Helmet (Giant M)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Helmet (Giant F)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Gloves (M)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Gloves (F)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Gloves (Giant M)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Gloves (Giant F)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Boots (M)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Boots (F)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Boots (Giant M)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Tara Infrantry Boots (Giant F)(Reforge: Rank 1)
    • Rusty Hammer of Proficiency
    • Dual Gun Mastery Training Potion
    • Flash Launcher Training Potion
    • Grapple Shot Training Potion
    • Bullet Slide Training Potion
    • Shooting Rush Training Potion
    • Bullet Storm Training Potion
    • Reload Training Potion
    • Way of the Gun Training Potion
    • Blue Upgrade Stone
    • Red Upgrade Stone
    • Fine Gem Powder
    • Regular Gem Powder
    • Fixed Color Dye Ampoule (#000000, #FFFFFF, #FF0000, #0000FF, #FFFF00, #7FFFD4, #800080, #FFB330, #3678F1, #6C1818, #0DEE2B)

this is the list of items that you will get 80% of the time

GOOD LUCK WHALES!

you forgot some stuffz, so fixed the list for you

you have been warned
  • VilanoVilano
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    It's really a matter of opinion...if you think it's not worth it, you don't have to buy it. It's true that the "best gear" and "trending fashion" comes from buying the gachapons sadly, but most of those drop rates are downright trash. Your money can be spent somewhere else where it could be better overall. Just don't buy gacha and be happy, just like me!
    Greta
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited December 4, 2017
    Vilano wrote: »
    Just don't buy gacha and be happy, just like me!

Someone's gotta keep the servers up tho. :( :s :|

Where I'm feelin conflicted is the passive micrtransgressive situation our community is in...Gacha stuff(OP enchants &/on impossible_gearz/titles/etc) will never be introduced into the game legibly 4 us to earn and the games vitality is @ risk if no one pays the life support bills. :s

I wanna ride this titanic till the koreans hit the iceberg b4 abandoning ship. Plus I invested 2 much money. Q_Q
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 5, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »

There are other things to buy, not just gacha. If they would concentrate more on VIP revamp, shopping bags and other sales i bet they would make some $$$ with those too.
    BehelitNegumiko
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    uote="Greta;73406"]
    Rhey wrote: »

There are other things to buy, not just gacha. If they would concentrate more on VIP revamp, shopping bags and other sales i bet they would make some $$$ with those too.
    [/quote]

Everything aside, just a VIP revamp would bring a ton of extra cash in.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 6, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    I am waiting for the government to be like, well if you guys have this much money to spend on stuff like this perhaps there should be a income tax increase. lol.
    But seriously though, if they knew the full scope of all our spending on these games I really do think that is something that would cross their minds.

Believe it or not, there has been an uproar from EA fans about the loot crates in Star Wars Battlefront 2.
    There was also a massive Twitter boycott movement of the mobile app Marvel Future Fight for pulling a very similar gachapon RNG "predatory" action. [Netmarble is a KR yet globalized company, similar to Nexon.]
    (Despite never resorting to it until recent events.)
    People were rioting by turning the star rating on Apple's App store from near 4 into 2.8 by spamming 1 star ratings.
    It actually got the attention of someone apparently famous in the Marvel dev community.
    Plus there's also talk now from other people, and well... if there is action on legal standards, then Mabinogi might have to change or improve the Gachapon system.
    Hopefully the Nexon NA (also KR) staff takes the current events into consideration.
    (Along with all the past and continuous complaints about gachapons.)
    I mean, we're all addicted over them, but there's so many different ways to make everyone happy without gachapons as the only way to get new stuff.
    Sheena
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    edited December 14, 2017
    Sheena wrote: »
    Oh you love your pets? back in the day there was something called "walking from Tir to Bangor" just to not risk your gear with Ferghus "THE DRUNKEN GEAR DESTROYER" and forget about 24/7 moon gates.

24/7? I remember when the Moon Gates all just went to a specific place each day, not wherever you chose. Thank god for housing coupons back then...

I also remember walking my human from Tir all the way down to Port Ceann, taking the boat to Iria, then walking from Qilla to Filia just so I could make a free elf. Then walking to Vales for a Giant. Before I learned about getting a ride and just tagging a mana tunnel. >_<
    VeylaineDarkpixie99
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    IDK about all of you but I'm still really mad about this whole never ending gacha thing.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Sherri wrote: »
    IDK about all of you but I'm still really mad about this whole never ending gacha thing.

And yet we all suffer from NewStuffItus. Some worse than others...
    FairPlumpAnhinga-size_restricted.gif