Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Earth Element Magic

ChoCho
Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
edited January 4, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Earth element magic is element-less and deals ranged damage like Sand Burst.

[Bolt Magic] Earth Bolt - At 1 charge it can have Piercing Level 1 and at five charges it can have Piercing level 5. Deals low damage like Ice bolt. Deals physical ranged damage that can be blocked by Natural Shield.

[Intermediate Magic] Quagmire - An AoE attack that slows enemies and deals damage over time. Damage can be blocked by defense. AoE range increases with rank. Deals low damage.

[Advanced Magic] Quick Sand - Deals damage over time, and pulls enemies toward the center of the "sand whirlpool" . This skill is sort of support, crowd control magic. Has a long charge time like the other advanced magics. Lasts 10 seconds and is on a long cooldown like Meteor Strike. AoE range increases with rank. Deals moderate damage

This will let mages be able to fight against enemies that have complete resistance to magic.

IGN: Choten
Server: Mari
AndrewGRKurozashi

Comments

• AndrewGRAndrewGR
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    @Cho I like your idea but i would prefer Quick Sand to have lower cooldown time since you already stated would be a supportive skill.
    Also we can imagine a new skill-like Meteor Strike ... calling it Earthquake dealing massive dmg over a small period of time and ofc beeing an aoe skill. (Earthquake woud have a Meteor strike cooldown time as well ... or those 2 skills could even share their cooldown)
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    [quote]
    Cho
    Cho said:

[Intermediate Magic] Quagmire - An AoE attack that slows enemies and deals damage over time. Damage can be blocked by defense. AoE range increases with rank. Deals low damage.
    [/quote]

Giggity Giggity
    .. on a serious note sounds like an interesting idea.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    In all honesty, I'd suggest another class to go with this;
    Let's make *Druid* an actual class.
    Not like some;"I'M THE HIP MAGE!" sort of thing, more like making Transformation Mastery a part of it, make them have healing skills to give more variety, add their healing mastery and APPLY EARTH MAGIC! A spell to remove status ailments/debuffs would be good too to go with it!