Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tuairim -> Bachram

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
This is just a minor thing, but apparantly overseas the power that can be used to keep the Sluagh in check wasn't called Bachram, but was something like "Tuairim".

I wonder why this was changed.

Also, a certain part of the mini-Storyline wasn't really... changed to accomodate this localization difference.

Look at these choices:
2cacf490f6.png

Obviously the correct choice was what you just learned about previously, "Bachram".
But the wrong answers are... not even close to Bachram.
The wrong answers are much easier to mix up with what Bachram used to be called: "Tuairim".

I wonder why this was changed.
Maybe just because it's easier to say?
Because of the alliteration of "Bachram Boost"?

But I wonder why the wrong answers weren't changed as well.
VeylainepawcalypseGodrickTB

Comments

• GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    It was probably changed because Bachram just sounds more powerful and more positive in comparison to Tuairim, it also isn't too blatantly Gael, and yeah, probably for the alliteration. Though you're right, I was wondering where on earth those other dialogue options came from and that's really silly that they overlooked it so poorly. (I mean I also counted 4 typos in the dialogue but eh, nexon.)

Minor Education time. Tuairim (would be "Twah-rum" approximately, its not too hard but its still an odd word.) means to have your own thoughts (an Opinion).
    In the sense of Mabinogi, it could represent accepting the Sluagh as part of yourself while still having control over how you feel, and not letting the Sluagh overpower you.
    Bachram means something along the lines of "playfulness/rambunctiousness", its essentially more of an opposite to Sluagh than Tuairim is. It's a little more "obvious" than Tuairim in its intentions.
    WolfandWolfIyasenuAellVaughan
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Giegue wrote: »
    It was probably changed because Bachram just sounds more powerful and more positive in comparison to Tuairim, it also isn't too blatantly Gael, and yeah, probably for the alliteration. Though you're right, I was wondering where on earth those other dialogue options came from and that's really silly that they overlooked it so poorly. (I mean I also counted 4 typos in the dialogue but eh, nexon.)

Minor Education time. Tuairim (would be "Twah-rum" approximately, its not too hard but its still an odd word.) means to have your own thoughts (an Opinion).
    In the sense of Mabinogi, it could represent accepting the Sluagh as part of yourself while still having control over how you feel, and not letting the Sluagh overpower you.
    Bachram means something along the lines of "playfulness/rambunctiousness", its essentially more of an opposite to Sluagh than Tuairim is. It's a little more "obvious" than Tuairim in its intentions.

Does Sluagh mean anything?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sluagh

Sluaghs are creepier irl!
    WolfandWolfpawcalypse
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Eralea wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sluagh

Sluaghs are creepier irl!

:OOOOOOO Oh that IS creepier! Dead people trying to steal your soul creepier!
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    They fly in groups.

A whole group of cranky dead people possessing you and powering your chain skills? Eeeeewww

The inner dark side/facet interpretation is quite pleasant compared to that lol
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    edited December 18, 2017
    Here's two more fun read those those interested in Sluaghs. Link1 Link2
    Slaughs are considered the worst of all the fairy Folks, and are associated with the Wild Hunt of Samhain (Halloween).

*Another thing to point out is that its not uncommon to see the same subject referred to as both a Ghost and a Fairy. This is mostly due to religious influences on that culture, altering the stories to how they prefer them to be viewed.
    Vaughan
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    I noticed that they changed Tuarim Explosion skill name to Bachram Explosion which is so wrong :x