Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Round Table and Gatekeeper

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
in General Chat
What...........exactly are you supposed to do in these missions? I just did round table and apparently got 0% and failed. After running around using the shining emblem in Gatekeeper because it said I can allegedly got to the monsters quicker but it actually got me to the wrong place and I had to run manually to the monsters, I can't defend it and it failed. Um any tips?

Comments

• RalikinRalikin
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    edited December 20, 2017
    Gatekeeper: When you clear a zone of enemies, a pair of crusader emblems similar to the avalon bridge G20 RP as the elder will appear at the steps of the defense point; take those to speedily reach the target zone. Clear the attacked zone of enemies to stop its' % reduction and a new zone will be attacked, gradually reducing the % until surrounding enemies are killed.
    On occasion, a big bear and several reanimated corpses will appear in the central square, reducing the % defense of ALL zones until they are killed.
  • ShouKShouK
    Ralikin wrote: »
    Gatekeeper: When you clear a zone of enemies, a pair of crusader emblems similar to the avalon bridge G20 RP as the elder will appear at the steps of the defense point; take those to speedily reach the target zone.
    See, that's the thing. When I took them it teleported me to the wrong section (ie the one with no monsters)
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    When it comes to teleporting, you have to pick the emblem that is in the general direction of the next invasion. It will never give you a location that requires more than one teleport. For example, if you finish the gate, you’ll only be asked to go to the round table or eastern training area next. Eventually you will stop thinking about it and it will be no problem.

As for Round Table, your goal is to retake the table, then guard the table again from a continuous onslaught of mobs. The first thing that confused me were the barrier spikes. Yes, you can break them, and yes, you need to. Once you get through, clear the mobs. Squires will then come and build barrier spikes again. From here, just protect as best you can, but be careful- you can still break the spikes, haha.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Roundtable requires you to

-First, get past the barrier spike barrier and kill all the monsters on the side with the glowing seal. (The seal will appear to be electrical.)

-Then, when this is complete, the second step will begin where the Baltane Squires will begin erecting a barrier, where you are charged with killing crystal wolves that will attempt to stop construction. The wolves are extremely fast and numerous, but construction to 100% can still happen if you kill them fast enough. If the barrier reaches 0%, you will have to repeat the first step again.

-If the barrier is built to 100%, you then are charged with the defending the barrier as long as possible while the sealing of the seal begins. Beware, the spikes can be damaged by your AOE attacks, from fireball to Chain Sweep.
  • ShouKShouK
    Ok so managed to get the hang of the emblem thing in Gatekeeper and managed to last the full 30 minutes. But then...there's no rewards? Like Nowhere To Run, it just said mission completed, and I click exit, that's all? So these 2 missions are just for exp gain?

However I can't for the life of me complete round table, I can't kill the wolves fast enough because targeting is a pain due to barrier spikes. And there is a hidden timer that fails you if you didn't manage to take the round table in time...any tips? I use final hit when the squires are setting up the barriers and cancel it and use normal ninja attack and kunai storm to defend the barrier.

Also, so to get the box that contain the uniform, you have to do bridge and round table then?

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    ShouK wrote: »
    Ok so managed to get the hang of the emblem thing in Gatekeeper and managed to last the full 30 minutes. But then...there's no rewards? Like Nowhere To Run, it just said mission completed, and I click exit, that's all? So these 2 missions are just for exp gain?

However I can't for the life of me complete round table, I can't kill the wolves fast enough because targeting is a pain due to barrier spikes. And there is a hidden timer that fails you if you didn't manage to take the round table in time...any tips? I use final hit when the squires are setting up the barriers and cancel it and use normal ninja attack and kunai storm to defend the barrier.

Also, so to get the box that contain the uniform, you have to do bridge and round table then?

Nowhere to run is primarily exp and skill training, with Bachram Page 2 dropping as well, maybe gold. There is no win condition or fail condition, except if no one attacks for two minutes for any reason. It is perhaps the best mission to use the Baltane Crystals in, it seems. Also a convenient way to use the combat 2x boost from pots or Palala's Embrace. (Which stack with each other and the Baltane Crystals, for a healthy 18k exp per mob.)
    pawcalypse
  • JodhiJodhi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    edited December 20, 2017
    EDITED: I read wrong.

Oh and, just in case you don't know. You'll get the reward, the box reward in the end, whether you win or fail, only AFTER talking to Shuan. On Knights of The Round Table, that is.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Any tips on what to use to beat the wolves in Round Table? I've tried chain blade, dual guns and even final hit but nothing works for me. I'm using Vivace and an attack speed set and everything.
  • ShiftyShifty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    edited December 21, 2017
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Any tips on what to use to beat the wolves in Round Table? I've tried chain blade, dual guns and even final hit but nothing works for me. I'm using Vivace and an attack speed set and everything.

Auto attack with shuriken
    Aslyumpawcalypse
  • ShouKShouK
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Managed to get the hang of it. Sort of. I used Rain Cast. Some people mentioned using CC+4 Lightning Bolt would work too. This mission is very unforgiving with people with high ping tho. Took me a few tries to finally complete it because I kept lagging.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Wait, how are you supposed to get the barrier buildt in the ROund Table, because they are too damn fast, and everything I use is too goddam slow.

Not to mention the lag and bad optimization, either.
  • SomeNoobProSomeNoobPro
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    edited December 21, 2017
    I use ninja to get past the barrier and the mobs in between but any quick and high dmg skill set will do. I then switch to chain blade during the building barrier part. You can stand on the middle lane and reach the other two lanes with regular attack chain blades and assuming you can ohko them, it should be easy enough. Prioritize the lane with more mobs in it so you gain more % than you lose, even if its only a little. For the defending part its the same mechanic, just use regular attack chain blade on wolves. You can use a FH switch to quickly kill the bear and jump back near the barriers via the wolves or run. It helps if you get the other two squires to come near the barrier spikes. Again you can pay attention to the wall and prioritize which section one needs more defending, ex. if it has lower hp or if its broken.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited December 21, 2017
    USE. RAINCAST .... right after the squires build the barrier spikes

trust me it will make your life easy
    Blissfulkill
  • KeneroKenero
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    TNinja wrote: »
    Wait, how are you supposed to get the barrier buildt in the ROund Table, because they are too damn fast, and everything I use is too goddam slow.

If you got rank 1 shock or raincast, just use that and it'll get to 100% really quickly.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Thank you for the tips. Looks like I might have to rank alchemy. Or maybe just buy the page if it's for sale. I lag far too much for conventional attacks to work.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Kenero wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »

If you got rank 1 shock or raincast, just use that and it'll get to 100% really quickly.

Well ain't taht tough luck