Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How to Clear Daily Mission Quest?

TNinjaTNinja
Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
edited December 20, 2017 in General Chat
???

d4116535a9.jpg

I just cleared the mission after the Quest expired. And the owl is refusing to bring me a new one.

What is this?

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited December 20, 2017
    Just incase you have not tried, youll have to change channels to get the new quest from the owl after you give up an expired quest [Edit: do not press give up, just change channels]. If it is a different issue, I aplogize, I dont know any other way to help.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Just incase you have not tried, youll have to change channels to get the new quest from the owl after you give up an expired quest. If it is a different issue, I aplogize, I dont know any other way to help.

I changed channel, and there is no quest to "give up"
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Try having someone else be the Leader and grab the Special; it should count for you.

I actually had this problem just before the update(caused by being logged in overnight and running the specials with another player), but it’s fairly easy to remedy.
  • downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    I recall a similar situation that happened to me, not sure if it is related to yours. I clicked give up on an expired daily quest, but the quest never showed up again for that day even if I changed channels, Currently for expired quest, I just change channels and it will auto take away the expired quest and give me a new one.
    Greta
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Try having someone else be the Leader and grab the Special; it should count for you.

I actually had this problem just before the update(caused by being logged in overnight and running the specials with another player), but it’s fairly easy to remedy.

It's not Special. The special quest has ended.

I'm talking about regular Daily Missions now.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Today I learnt that the quest can still expired even if you already completed it (I purposely did not click complete so that the other daily will not expire as I plan to do it after I wake up). This is dumb. Yeah.........goodbye daily 3 AP.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    In order to complete the "Complete Daily Shadow Mission Quest" you will need to press "Complete" on the [Daily]Tara/Taillteann Mission quest. If you completed the quest via the shadow mission board, but your quest expired, you can get the new quest by changing channels. Return to the channel you want to play on, and you just need to find the shadow mission in the list [it will no longer be under daily] and repeat the mission and click complete on the quest. Maybe, if you give up an expired quest it wont come back?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    In order to complete the "Complete Daily Shadow Mission Quest" you will need to press "Complete" on the [Daily]Tara/Taillteann Mission quest. If you completed the quest via the shadow mission board, but your quest expired, you can get the new quest by changing channels. Return to the channel you want to play on, and you just need to find the shadow mission in the list [it will no longer be under daily] and repeat the mission and click complete on the quest. Maybe, if you give up an expired quest it wont come back?

I can't "give up" The quest doesn't exist anymore, and the owl refuses to come with a new one, as said.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    TNinja wrote: »

I can't "give up" The quest doesn't exist anymore, and the owl refuses to come with a new one, as said.

I understand, hence "maybe, if you give up an expired quest it wont come back?"

I am only basing my information on my own experience, putting this out there for the others that also posted in this thread.

You may have already given up the quest after realising it was expired after you completed the shadow mission, thinking, "oh darn, I forgot to check my quest to make sure it wasnt expired"... That is my best guess as to why you have not been brough a new one. We all make mistakes, and Ive done this myself.

If you did not give up your expired quest when you had it, then I cant be of help.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Welp. An event which uses a broken system is just a terrible design flaw anyway.
  • JodhiJodhi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    edited December 22, 2017
    Okay so, there's this daily quest that we keep talking about.
    Tailteann and Tara daily shadow mission which will be given every daily reset. 07.00am.

I've been researching this for a while that, whenever you have done any one of them (in terms of being completed and reported from quest tab) AND somehow the owl came delivering another, then you did not finish it (in terms of either you gave it up or expired, or both) it WILL NEVER delivered anymore.

So yes.
    tl;dr -- the example: you have done Tara daily shadow mission, and then the Tailteann daily shadow mission expired or given up or both, the quest WILL NEVER appear (or vice versa, whatever you did first). So please, don't judge that the event is using a broken system.

And before you judge me as well, the concept or idea of "give up quest" especially in this daily shadow mission Tara/Tailteann is ONLY to change it, or to get the quest again if they are expired, or almost. in a note that NONE of them are finished at all, not. once.

But if in your case isn't like what I've explained, I don't know, and I'm sorry, you're just glitched.

EDIT: I just saw your picture that you're already 1/2, so that means you're done one daily shadow mission. Okay, so my statement is valid.

On a side note, changing channels when the daily shadow mission expired WON'T HELP EITHER if you had completed a daily shadow mission. This is why, whenever one has done a daily shadow mission, it is suggested to do the other as quickly as possible.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited December 22, 2017
    When there is an expiring mission that starts the very moment you log in, and then screws up the quest being delivered depending on wether you cleared it or not, and then makes an event which uses said sytem to "check" the requirement, that sounds pretty bad to me.

The fact that we have an expiring quest to begin with, which starts the moment you LOG IN, is pretty dumb in itself. It's unecessary stressful binging.
    Jazmyn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 22, 2017
    They seriously need to remove the expiration time on Daily Shadow Missions... It's just not worth it, don't see the point of this.
    Jazmyn
  • NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    TNinja wrote: »
    Welp. An event which uses a broken system is just a terrible design flaw anyway.

Welcome to Mabinogi, would you like to check your cape/coat?