Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chain Sweep Cursor Visibility

MomichuMomichu
Mabinogi Rep: 450
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi there,

This is something that I've had issues with and would like to see if maybe I'm the only one with this particular issue.

During Chain Sweep's animation, my cursor (the pointer for the mouse) goes invisible as I target where I wish to attack. It remains invisible during the execution of the skill. My cursor will not reappear until the skill has fully completed.

My dilemma with this is this creates a misplacement problem, where I lose track of where my cursor is. Often in battle, I am rapidly changing targets, adjusting my camera angle, utilizing the additional Extra Skill Slots 1 & 2 (not the F1 through F12 or 1 through = ones), or attempting to move my character to the next position or out of the way of an AOE attack.

When I'm faced with an invisible cursor, it creates a very brief interruption that can be fatal for not just my character, but it disrupts the flow of combat for my teammates if they're having to stop and revive me should I die.

We all know how stressful it can be when things start to fall apart in more difficult combat scenarios, so if something as simple as toggling the cursor visibility back on can make things that much smoother, would you support this suggestion?

Players, feel free to vote in the poll that I've added. This post's purpose was intended to bring awareness of the lack of visibility of the cursor, and I hope that Nexon would -- at the very least -- add an option to turn it on for those of us who would like to have it there.
  1. Should Nexon make the cursor visible during Chain Sweep's animation?15 votes
    1. Yes, I would like for my cursor to be visible.
       87% (13 votes)
    2. No, I like the settings as they are currently.
       13% (2 votes)

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    It seems to be the way the skill was designed, as both my husband and I also have this issue. It would be great to not have to guess where the cursor is, so I agree, it should be made visable.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Conditional yes. Yes, if it doesn't mess with the functionality of the skill. If it stopped working properly just so I can see a cursor I'd rather keep it this way, because it's just a matter of getting used to it.
    Jazmyn
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    This happens with Bachram Explosion as well.

It can annoying, since it doesn't let you ctrl-target anywhere for the duration.

Say you wanted your pet to attack a straggler that wasn't in your attack's area. You can't ctrl-shift-click to get your pet to go after it, because your cursor's gone during these attacks.

I'm sure there's no need for the cursor to disappear during these skills.
    Jazmyn