Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Increase Timer when DCing while Dungeoning

NakijuxCandiNakijuxCandi
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited December 25, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
PLEASE!!
The feature of being able to go back in a dungeon if you disconnect is really nice, but 5 minutes (I believe it was 5 minutes) is waaaay to short. I can't tell you how many times that I disconnected and I don't have enough time to log back in. Most of the time, mabinogi would say error so I would have to restart the client. Then, nexon launcher wouldn't work, so I'd have to restart my laptop. Increasing it to maybe 30 minutes would be nice if not atleast 10 minutes. For some reason, I always DC at the boss area.... it frustrates me so much aha so I had to make this thread

Comments

• YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Some disconnects you cannot prevent.

Power surges, some idiot disconnecting the modem because the internet isn't connecting just for them only so they ruin everyone else's day, stuff like that.
    NakijuxCandi[Deleted User]
  • NakijuxCandiNakijuxCandi
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited December 26, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    If it takes longer than 2 minutes (even that's a long time) to restart your laptop; it has potential issues. I won't deny, 5 minutes can go by very fast (5 minutes is not very long at all), but, the majority of disconnects don't require you to close/restart the launcher. (You can close/restart the game without closing the launcher). I can't imagine for what reason you would need to reboot your system after a disconnect (unless you just installed something major beforehand; like drivers or something). You should be able to drop and reconnect your internet connection (no matter the type of internet) without a reboot. If you disconnect a lot... Consider connecting to your modem/router directly (via Ethernet cable) for maximum stability. Also consider whether or not you're running the game with proper permissions. ~ You must run the launcher as Administrator and You must disable User Account Control. ~ If you don't run as Administrator, the game will not have the required permission to execute functions properly... and .. if you play with User Account Control enabled, the game will kick you out every time a critical function is blocked; .. and for the same reason, you should also consider playing with your Anti-Virus service disabled (it's safe, if you can trust yourself to behave online).

TL;DR ~ I personally don't care if they give you 5 minutes or 10 minutes or 2 days to reconnect (more power to you if this goes anywhere). Instead of searching for ways to make disconnects easier to contend with; you should focus on preventing disconnects from happening. :)

Yeah something is wrong with my laptop (it’s getting pretty old) BUTT I’ll try what u said to me :DD thanks so much for the tips!!!

[Deleted User]
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I wonder if they could increase the timer based on the dungeon you're dealing with. Aren't Rabbie Abyss passes a little difficult/annoying to make?
    [Deleted User]
  • ZelfalZelfal
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Well last time I ran Peaca abyss and dc i couldnt get back in even though it had just been 2 mins since dc, i thought i would check it out more and it seem like some dungeons had that feature removed cause of exploiting it. (seems to be abyss and Phantasm unless its a glitch that everyone ik gets) However i think the time should be based on how difficult the pass is to get like basic passes can be bought so 5 mins can be a bit much but if there is no time limit raise the cap to 25 mins for harder ones like adv or phantasm but not exploitable like reset boss and/or reset last room before boss.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    The timer still seems to work. I saw someone reenter in Alby Advanced HM the other day.