Check out the patch notes for update, A Fresh Memory: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66877/a-fresh-memory-patch-notes-may-13-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

On the Topic of the Windmill Skill

Comments

  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited January 1, 2018
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    some (like myself) can't even beat Barri Brown.
    Zairak wrote: »
    Barri Black is actually easier than Barri Brown.
    @nomigid15 @Zairak https://imgur.com/a/ckjFY

    Generation 1: Brown Fomor Pass (Piece of Cake). :smirk:
    CwtSqEl.jpg

    Zairak
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,270
    Posts: 189
    Member
    edited December 30, 2017
    What armor do have, and how much Protection does it give? Because I can't withstand magic attacks for crap (especially alchemy attacks).
    Hardmuscle
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    Dude its 2017 :v

    Just use training seals to get up to 30% training and then just use AP training method or MORE training seals

    Do your dailies and farm those seals :v
    HardmuscleZairak
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited January 1, 2018
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    What armor do have, and how much Protection does it give? Because I can't withstand magic attacks for crap (especially alchemy attacks).
    The Adventurer's Noob Crap from Aeira. (I had, and still have, 4 Protection). :smirk:

    ~ Between 'Chain Impale' and 'Dorcha Snatch' .. Nothing stood a chance! :trollface:

    xBGgQGZ.jpg

    Zairak
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,270
    Posts: 189
    Member
    Between 'Chain Impale' and 'Dorcha Snatch' .. Nothing stood a chance!

    Oh, and those are Chain Blade skills, right? Well, that won't work out for me since A.) I'm a bit of an obsessive storyline wonk who hates doing mainstream quests out of order, and B.) I'd prefer to focus on Close Combat and not spread myself too thin on skills.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    Posts: 2,554
    Member
    edited January 2, 2018
    Not to drive away from the topic of Windmill too far .. but ... ... Having or not having Chain Slash skills won't affect the storyline, as you can choose to have or not have them from your first day of creation. Either by choosing the talent on your first rebirth or by equipping the weapon.

    The best reason is Bachram's Boost (Comes with Dorcha Mastery). ~ Restores HP, MP, and SP (and resets cooldowns) .. during combat. **

    ** (with or without a Chain Blade equipped) ←(I tested this with a Fishing Pole and a Broad Sword).
    No matter which weapon or skillset you plan to use. ~ Obtain (for no reason other than free HP, MP, and SP refills) Dorcha Mastery. :)
    Zairak
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 83
    Member
    edited January 1, 2018
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Between 'Chain Impale' and 'Dorcha Snatch' .. Nothing stood a chance!

    Oh, and those are Chain Blade skills, right? Well, that won't work out for me since A.) I'm a bit of an obsessive storyline wonk who hates doing mainstream quests out of order, and B.) I'd prefer to focus on Close Combat and not spread myself too thin on skills.

    As I alluded to in my last post...

    A ) Smash r1
    B ) Lullaby r1
    C ) Firebolt r1 with a CC+4 Firewand for the times you don't want to get close to your enemy.

    Those 3 skills alone are sufficient to carry a new player through almost any content they would reasonably be expected to face. Total AP cost of 444, maybe an hour or two to gather wand proficiency and upgrade it, another hour or two to rank the skills.

    Even the AP could be easily gathered within a day or two, given Talent AP bonuses and the Daily RB function for new players, to say nothing of the AP Nexon hands out like candy.

    No Generation quest lines required, or anything like them.

    Mabinogi has not been a hard game for years now, and the last thing we need is more skill training-nerfing and hand-holding. Within a few months, new players can do what would have taken years to accomplish when Mabinogi started.

    Also, seconding Hardmuscle's point about Bachram Boost.

    Edited because auto-emote in Nexon's forums.
    Hardmuscle
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,045
    Posts: 1,161
    Member
    Why am I even mentioned here
  • Lucious_Loracio1Lucious_Loracio1
    Mabinogi Rep: 795
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited March 30, 2018
    Wow, did not expect this much discussion. This topic is pretty much null for me at this point. Just more jaded answers and people telling everyone to gain months of knowledge and/or cheese all the training. My opinion has changed since I made this thread, I still think skills like Windmill need tweaking but do not think it should be made easier.

    I was just stating examples and trying to get a discussion going. Going to answer a few people then just leave this topic to continue or fall off.

    @Hardmuscle I disagree. Your argument falls apart when you realize that a new player might not know how to build a character and will just run a Ninja or Chain slasher, making their grinding for an AOE that much easier.
    (Not to mention most other AOE attacks do more extra damage compared to Windmill.) You say everyone should have to work just as hard as everyone else, on the assumption that you can't just gain that same thing with an even easier method. On another note, your statement of "Stop trying to gag the horse who dares to gift you... and play the game like everyone else." comes across as an attempt to incite me. Which I do not appreciate.

    I do agree, however, that everyone should work just as hard as everyone else to obtain the same thing. With the current state of the game, however, it just simply isn't possible.

    @Zairak My predication (not sure how giving numbers and calculations counts as preaching but ok) is based on the fact that training Windmill could use tweaking. Honestly, my opinion has changed since I made this topic and engaged in discussion. I don't think Windmill should be made easier at all. This was obviously a lapse in my judgement and the poll has now become moot. I apologize for my poorly written examination.

    Also I couldn't care less about leveling Windmill anymore as I can use other skills to the same effect. I'll probably get around to it eventually, as I am chronically lazy and am generally bad at MMO's. lol

    And no, I won't reset my skills as I have points in stuff that I like, such as: music, composition and a litany of others that I deem as necessary for my enjoyment of the game. (the mining skill is necessary I tell you! NECESSARY!)

    TL;DR
    all of you can suck a lemon ecksdee XD and I hope to see you in-game so we can hang out

    I apologize if I didn't get to your response, I'm just covering a couple posts that piqued my interest. If you want to hear my opinion on these things, please feel free to contact me in-game in the Alexina server on channel 1 or 2, my name is Loracio and I usually hang out in Tir. @ me if you're not interested (sadface) and I'll get to it eventually.
    Zairak
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 83
    Member
    @Zairak My predication (not sure how giving numbers and calculations counts as preaching but ok) is based on the fact that training Windmill could use tweaking. Honestly, my opinion has changed since I made this topic and engaged in discussion. I don't think Windmill should be made easier at all. This was obviously a lapse in my judgement and the poll has now become moot. I apologize for my poorly written examination.

    Also I couldn't care less about leveling Windmill anymore as I can use other skills to the same effect. I'll probably get around to it eventually, as I am chronically lazy and am generally bad at MMO's. lol

    And no, I won't reset my skills as I have points in stuff that I like, such as: music, composition and a litany of others that I deem as necessary for my enjoyment of the game. (the mining skill is necessary I tell you! NECESSARY!)

    Predicate means 'to found or base something on' in the context I used it in.

    I would urge you not to ignore CP-based skills unless you never intend to get them as a general rule, but, it is your Fantasy Life.

    Likewise, resetting skills only takes the AP out of them and reduces your CP; you can rank them back up at any time by putting the AP back into them.

    Regardless, I'm sorry to have contributed to the escalation; I probably won't see you in-game, being on the Tarlach server, but I hope you have a great 2018.
  • ZullikaZullika
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Posts: 6
    Member
    Windmill was the easiest skill for me to train and I guess that's because I'm under level 1k, but I spammed Shadow Cast City and Their Method and got windmill to r1 in under 4 hours.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,270
    Posts: 189
    Member
    Zullika wrote: »
    Windmill was the easiest skill for me to train and I guess that's because I'm under level 1k, but I spammed Shadow Cast City and Their Method and got windmill to r1 in under 4 hours.

    That's how I tried to do it, but it was such a headache trying to line the zombies up just right to get the "Defeat several enemies" condition. They should either decrease the number of enemies needed for said condition, or make the bodies of unfinished enemies persist for longer.
    Danievictria