Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Years Firework Event

ShiftixShiftix
Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
edited January 1, 2018 in General Chat
0/10. uneventful, major disappointment

mabinogi_2018_01_01_001.jpg (me during event)
  1. Agree?26 votes
    1. ye meng
       73% (19 votes)
    2. nah b
       27% (7 votes)

Comments

• MarielxMarielx
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,620
    Indeed, waiting until 2:30am (my time) for nothing is kinda annoying.

KUgBAAK.jpg

Why announcing something that wont happen?
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I normally play on Ch5 on Alexina, where there was nothing. One of my friends told me there were fireworks going off on Ch1 but I ended up missing probably half of it. I'm not sure why it didn't happen on all the channels. The announcement didn't say it would be limited to certain channels. I am disappointed that things didn't work out as they were supposed to.
  • FabeFabe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,650
    edited January 1, 2018
    Wow did you see those fireworks! mouth.png

Update: Greta is here.

ABANDON THREAD.

I REPEAT!!!! ABANDON THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pawcalypse
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    the fireworks happened on Alexina channel 4 about 3 or 4 minutes before midnight. only saw a heart shaped firework and that was it. at midnight there appeared to no fireworks anywhere and about 3 minutes later a few small fireworks went up but I think other players might have done those.
    pawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    It was community made-up event... What do you expect? Freaking firework show?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I was working. I expected to miss nothing. AND I WAS RIGHT. lol.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    After I popped a few of my own fireworks and played Auld Lang Syne in the major towns - no one even cared.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, I kind of expected at least a mini-hot time to give out some fireworks that we could set off ourselves, but...

Happy New Year.
    pawcalypse
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I experienced such an event outside in real life. Was way better than anything in a game.
    pawcalypseCrimsọn
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    who's the wise guy that deleted my comment, this is proof that Nexon doesn't care. do not censorship us
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    edited January 1, 2018
    Looking at the announcement, I'm guessing they implied to use your own fireworks. But its easy to see how it could be misinterpreted.
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 1, 2018
    watercat0 wrote: »
    who's the wise guy that deleted my comment, this is proof that Nexon doesn't care. do not censorship us

You need to be censored here the most, if you know what i mean :trollface:
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited January 1, 2018
    watercat0 wrote: »

Honestly they did something more tame than what they should've done.
    Considering how much FUD you spread.
    GretaYokkaichiBuffalosNilremCarlize
  • ShiftixShiftix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
    Greta wrote: »

Well, yes. That's precisely what I expected. If Nexon is posting that there'll be an event at midnight on New Years Eve, I'd expect that they would have something relatively worthwhile to the people who are either a) Missing out on actually celebrating with friends and family or b) Staying up till 3 in the morning to see an event happen. But that thought was way too wishful.
    badnewsbarrettMizukiHayama
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 2, 2018
    Shiftix wrote: »

Well, yes. That's precisely what I expected. If Nexon is posting that there'll be an event at midnight on New Years Eve, I'd expect that they would have something relatively worthwhile to the people who are either a) Missing out on actually celebrating with friends and family or b) Staying up till 3 in the morning to see an event happen. But that thought was way too wishful.

Plot Twist: Buffalos is not from Nexon. He's just a Discord group Moderator and Mabinogi Ambassador, which means he's still regular player like you or me, only with some extra work to do like helping others and moderate Discord server. This is why i said community made-up event, not official event. Official events are made by Nexon staff.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    it would still be nice if someone from GM shows up but no.
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Plot Twist: Buffalos is not from Nexon. He's just a Discord group Moderator and Mabinogi Ambassador, which means he's still regular player like you or me, only with some extra work to do like helping others and moderate Discord server. This is why i said community made-up event, not official event. Official events are made by Nexon staff.

I don't understand why they would post it in the announcements if it's not an official event.
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J8Y
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 2, 2018
    Redetsu wrote: »

I don't understand why they would post it in the announcements if it's not an official event.

Oh wow. Apparently they even added this in the announcement? So it was official. Lol, awkwarrrrdddddddd.... Nexon GG. I didn't even see that. What can i say... Poorly executed event? R.I.P. Not like i cared really much anyway... Nothing impressive comes from virtual fireworks.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited January 2, 2018

Oh wow. Apparently they even added this in the announcement? So it was official. Lol, awkwarrrrdddddddd.... Nexon GG. I didn't even see that. What can i say... Poorly executed event? R.I.P. Not like i cared really much anyway... Nothing impressive comes from virtual fireworks.

I had a thought about the fireworks. Maybe they were a new thing like the Snow and Bells (and possibly programmed as such) we got for Christmas and it just didn't perform like it was supposed to.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Leinei wrote: »

I had a thought about the fireworks. Maybe they were a new thing like the Snow and Bells (and possibly programmed as such) we got for Christmas and it just didn't perform like it was supposed to.

Well the Snow and Bells isn't exactly new.
    I found a picture from back in 2011!
    2a3833e963.png