Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FIXED]Charging Strike Displacement Bug

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
edited June 14, 2018 in Archived Bugs
What is the issue?
Since the recent Ninja Revamp update, Charging Strike does not actually transport your character to the target, server-side.
On the Client-side your character appears to have moved, but is actually still standing where they were when you initially used Charging Strike.

Why is this an issue?
The discrepancy between where you appear to be, and where you actually are, makes it difficult to continue a Fighter skill chain, or to effectively battle an enemy you used Charging Strike against.

What steps must be taken to recreate the issue?
Simply stand a distance away from your target, and use the Charging Strike skill against them.
Your character will attack the enemy, and appear to be standing near them, but any attempts to attack them will be delayed until your character "moves to where you really are" to continue the attack.

Visual Evidence: (Video)

This video shows me using Charging Strike at a distance on Foxes.
Though I appear to have moved to the enemy's position after attacking with Charging Strike, my character is actually still back at the point they were at when I first used Charging Strike.
I use Fantastic Chorus, the magic circle of which is centered on your character's actual position, to show how where I appear to be, is not actually where I am as far as the server is concerned.
I also make use of the Shield of Trust skill, due to its property of forcing a client position sync upon receiving the buff as well as when the buff expires.
Both of these show how the use of the Charging Strike skill causes "displacement", a desync between where the game client says I am, and where the server says I am.

IGN: Teraschione
Server: Mari

@Katherz
This is a remake of a previously Incomplete Bug Report, updated with info, evidence, and proper formatting.
Original post by Eucliwood: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/13532/charging-strike-displace-bug
GretaTheNyanCatHarukaripawcalypse

Comments

• LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Aah okay yeah, now I see what you mean. There's always been a charging strike (and chain) bug where you load it, walk to the enemy and either end up back where you started (without hitting anyone) or needing to hit the button again to attack (and you usually end up getting wacked). Seeing the video, I get it now. It is different.
  • EucliwoodEucliwood
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    edited November 3, 2017
    Thanks for doing this. You are a godsend.
  • IUniqueIUnique
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    This is happening to me too!!!! I can't PvP on Mabinogi anymore with fighter, and PvP is one of the best features in the game!
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    I came back a week ago, and I thought it was my net doing this. But nope. Fighter is broken.

I look at this report date, and I just sighhhh, in frustration. Its going to be another year before my favorite skill is fixed.
    Veylaine
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Forwarded
    IyasenuHarukari
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Fixed