Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Shop grid system

LunarZeroLunarZero
Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
edited October 22, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I don't see why this hasn't been thought about or even implemented yet, especially with how long Kiosks have been in the game. I'm tired of seeing 1 shop blocking the ability for 3 more to go in its place if it was facing another direction, and considering we have no reference as to where shops can and cannot go, as they're based more on the back of the shop than the front (sometimes you can have shop blankets actually overlap, but I can't lay one down where there'd be like a foot of space at least on every side). Just make a grid system and maybe an NPC to manage it, bring up a little map of spaces, or just say "yes, there is a space available, would you like it? y/n" and your shop gets plopped down with either your summoned pet or brownie, you can select that from another menu. Maybe give a 30 second timer before your shop closes automatically if you have neither available.

TL;DR - shopping area grids, much more room for shops, much less headache trying to find a spot, much more organized for shoppers
Sherri
  1. Would you like to see some sort of shop organization in the major shopping areas?(Belvast and Dunby)12 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (12 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited October 22, 2017
    We need some kind of NPC/Helper that can place 1 shop next to another to save space and have a more organized market

Its 2017 it can't be that hard, also ragnarok online its from 2003 and that ancient game had it
    (Love that game even today! <3 )

Here is the before and after the update

BEFORE
    rovalkyrie-prontera2.jpg

AFTER
    F3bOUmo.jpg
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Hardmuscle wrote: »

Ah, the peak of Spiral Hill... prime shopping location. Very high foot traffic, great accessibility... and best of all, no nearby competitors!
    [Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yeah, that would be nice. It would be easier on both sellers and buyers alike and make personal shop areas more appealing.
    Everything nice and neat.. maybe they'll finally fix that dumb invisible barrier in Belvast.. Ah, that'd be great. :)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Well.. 3rd thread of this now I think?
    I'm not complaining though.
    Hopefully they'll notice us. >v<
    Sheena
  • lostheavenlostheaven
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    edited January 5, 2018
    There has got to be a better way to place shops in Belvast & Dunbarton. Everyone wants to sell there stuff & not everyone can because of the way shops just get set up randomly all over the place. So much space is wasted! Maybe shops can be made like kiosks where they're all facing the same direction & take up only so much space. Look at all of the space wasted!

10fddf10af.jpg
    Greta
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    This was talked about earlier, and I certainly would enjoy grid placement.
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Shops placed in a grid would be easier to browse through, too.
    [Deleted User]