Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please no more basic materials in event boxes...

YangKoeteYangKoete
Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
in Feedback and Suggestions
I think we all have enough of the simple fabrics/silks/firewood/etc in our banks and pets. We can easily make our own anyway, and just suddenly getting 3 freaking Cheap Fabric from an event box is like getting a punch in the gut at a carnival.

Taking the basic materials out will help make the event more worthwhile, and not have such huge prices on that really neat hat you see in the event shop that someone got just by opening a box and didn't get a useless log out of while everyone else did.

Keep the potions in though, at least people actually use those.

If you have any issues with drops, just add in an old outfit or two related to the event that you haven't had in a while. It'd bring back more outfits people want.

If the event needs said materials though, I could see them in the boxes.

Just give us stuff we can use without having to hoard 500 of said object to just train a skill.

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, I would like to no longer see Cheap or Common anything in boxes like that. It's really quite annoying to get something that drops easily (Cheap/Common Leather) or can be bought (Cheap/Common Fabric). -_-
    Pip-BoyYangKoete
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I've already maxed out those life skills, but I would rather see stupid 50 and 100 potions and 5-10cm garbage gems go than basic materials.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Yeah give more pots instead. It helps the newbs alot too
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    lceCream wrote: »
    Yeah give more pots instead. It helps the newbs alot too

That too. Newbies will be doing events for sure, and not all will have space for the materials.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I agree, I don’t mind getting the fine/st materials but please take the basic/common ones away because they’re very easy to find and such...
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited January 9, 2018
    we had a event like that in February 2017, the Naco Commerce event. the random event boxes only had the new homestead items from that event and no other crappy materials. you didn't always get the homestead item you were hoping for but it was still better then getting leather. it would be great to see more event boxes like that.