Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Anyone gotten a black bag yet?

Comments

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    AgentJean wrote: »
    I did not see the other post.
    He meant other guy but that thread got merged with this one. XD
    And ego fire wand is still decent as in repair fee.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    *Didn't See it*
    *Was one of the first five topics

:/
  • Bunnygirl867Bunnygirl867
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    As far as I know on, Tarlach no one has gotten one yet. I really want to know if you can actually get it from it.
  • Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    would be nice if they ditched the obvious potion obsession they got going on, maybe people would actually take part in events and populate the servers (am on ruairi and it is almost 90% dead at all hours btw)
    they need to realize that we don't actually want/ need potions on the scale we get them.... some of us. have billions of them saved up because that's ALL we get from events... potions, useless junk, and loads of gems which if you're not gem upgrading every single weapon you own or feeding a spirit weapon kinda only have one use which is to sell. and even then.when they appear so often in events people are less likely to spend too much for them. i was selling a bunch the other day for 750 gold just cause i wanted them gone..
    NewbieChainMilkypocky
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    would be nice if they ditched the obvious potion obsession they got going on, maybe people would actually take part in events and populate the servers (am on ruairi and it is almost 90% dead at all hours btw)
    they need to realize that we don't actually want/ need potions on the scale we get them.... some of us. have billions of them saved up because that's ALL we get from events... potions, useless junk, and loads of gems which if you're not gem upgrading every single weapon you own or feeding a spirit weapon kinda only have one use which is to sell. and even then.when they appear so often in events people are less likely to spend too much for them. i was selling a bunch the other day for 750 gold just cause i wanted them gone..
    If a player is actively running the end game content and using potions for it, they ran out of their SE/RE supply several months ago. Events have been giving out potions in excess, but not enough for some of the end game players.
  • Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Buffalos wrote: »
    If a player is actively running the end game content and using potions for it, they ran out of their SE/RE supply several months ago. Events have been giving out potions in excess, but not enough for some of the end game players.

a lot of end game players left though. that's the thing...
    Nifanity
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Potions are a cheap and easy filler prize that most anyone could eventually find a use for and won't ruin the economy somehow. That's why they're in every event as filler.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

I'm on Ruairi and I've been selling 5 CM gems at 4k a piece... It's your choice to sell them at 750 G.

Also, Ruairi isn't as dead as everyone keeps saying. It may not be "what it used to be", but I really wish people would stop saying it's "dead". I see people playing together and talking more often now then I did a few months ago. Even at dungeon entrances. Things have picked up, and hopefully they will continue to.

Yes, it's old getting the sammme things, but we should know by now, this is what we get with events and shouldn't expect anything good.

I actually haven't been disappointed with this event yet, and I still haven't got a bag.
    Carlize
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Potions are a cheap and easy filler prize that most anyone could eventually find a use for and won't ruin the economy somehow. That's why they're in every event as filler.

Wish they would stop with this time limited time +100hp/mp/stam stat, protection and speed potions tho.
    PolicromaIyasenuLadameBuffalosLutetiumoffwithyourheadsVioletBoy
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    -opens hundreds of boxes for bag-
    -doesnt get bag-
    -double checks site-
    "Black Bag"
    Me= You sure bout that?
    Nifanity
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    If tarlach were half as populated as it were, I think these drop rates for the bag would be justified.

However, I don't believe the rates are being adjusted while considering server population.

the same goes with items such as Radiant string.

I've only ever seen a single one, ever, the one I got 2 weeks ago after spamming AHM dungeons.

I don't think it should take a person or group months to make one item with the rare item requirement being only 3.

Sorry about that tangent, but drop rates for high end items are stupid. this event and the bag is no exception.
    ZeoUnisexLutetiumShadoeoffwithyourheads
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I feel like there should be a guaranteed server drop amount so if rng says "nah" then some of the bags will actually still come into existence. Even if the number is quite low, but like 1 per server (if that even) seems absurd.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited January 22, 2018
    Last time they did something like that they announced the ppl who obtained them and the item was maxed out in less than a week. Rendering the event useless after the last one was obtained. There is no real good solution other than having a better more feasible algorithm...especially for the gachapons in general.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Last time they did something like that they announced the ppl who obtained them and the item was maxed out in less than a week. Rendering the event useless after the last one was obtained. There is no real good solution other than having a better more feasible algorithm...especially for the gachapons in general.

Speaking of feasible algorithm for gachapons, it reminds me of when they opened a few gacha during the community stream, and got wings every time, seemingly due to their GM title.

That's not a pitch for a solution, it'd be major overkill if things were really like that, I just remembered that and thought it was funny.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Some people already opened 2k+ from all their alt fishing. I'm surprised not even 1 black bag turned up yet. :o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I am starting to wonder if the bag actually exists in this event. I have not seen any evidence of it from any server.
    GGOKirito2
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    My spirit healing wand will gives ALL THE HEALS
    I have three pets full of gems and haven't opened any of my own fish traps, just been grabbing what ppl toss
    I would like the bag but my luck is garbage so I never expected it, I just really wanted the ice pole fishing rod and a 5 star sturgeon. (I have a 297cm :'( )
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 22, 2018
    I just remembered that my alt has all of this to open:
    UkIG8fnjQBWYj7ANJeZ6rQ.png
    Should be fun...
    MvlqT51hQsiioFD3Cm87gg.png
    I got tired of the rest of list, but it contains feathers, gems, leather, straps, silk, fabric, 500 arrows, potions, seeds, and herbs.
    More garbage to clog my inventory until I sell it on alt, because my main's inventory is clogged as well.
    Event was fun opening these while it lasted though... think I'll just skip this one.
    superthumb.jpg

• ImpiouslyImpiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 225
    The bag has a 1/10,000 drop rate. Why 1/10,000? 1/1,000 is too common and 1/100,000 is too uncommon. Even if you open 10,000 boxes you have a 64% chance of obtaining the bag. Therefore if you completely fish up 100% boxes with all of the 3150 bait you're given, you have a 28% chance to get the bag. I could be wrong about 1/10,000 but, it has to be between 1/1,000 and 1/10,000 but the latter seems more reasonable for DevCat standards.
    GGOKirito2
  • ImpiouslyImpiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 225
    edited January 24, 2018
    The bag has a 0.01% chance of dropping. Nobody will have it except massive exploiters.
    Forgot I posted the same thing because of new forum posts needing to be approved.