Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This event is terrible

DingigraphiDingigraphi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
edited January 23, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I was generally excited for this event because of the 10x17 bag coupon that came with it. Now that i've had to do the same thing for a week straight now. I now realize that this even is extremely Boring and very stupid. i spend almost 1hour and 30 minutes using up 130 baits everyday. just to get 60 or so boxes, that contain nothing but a cheap fabric or even some leather scraps. ill admit having those buff potions are nice to have. but they expire in 6 or so days, making it hard for me to use them in time. the same applies to the walk speed potions and the party feathers.

There is nothing to look forward to with this even but the Panda hat and the Bag. The panda hat is a pain in butt mainly because it has the second lowest drop chance of even being dropped, and the issue is that it is gender specific. so you could get very luck and fish one up. but wait your a female and you just got one for a male, or vise versa! The panda hat itself is adorable but is not worth the struggle of actually getting one.

But the bag, omg that stupid bag. I have hoped and prayed just to open 1 of these boxes and see that coupon be placed into my bag. but guess what at this rate that dream will more then likely not happen seeing that it has a -1% chance of even dropping in the first place. I have a greater chance of having a falling apple hit me on the head and killing me. then getting that bag coupon. Its so rare that i havn't even seen 1 person on any of the discord communities that i'm in even say " I JUST GOT THE BAG!!!". Not a single one.

The quests are pretty rough as-well, collect 300 Glacier Smelt to get a chair that doesn't even look good. is pretty bad. I would be more happy getting 300 Glacier smelt. for the bag itself then fishing up crates that could give me a coupon... Keyword (COULD)!!!!! simply taking out The unneeded fishing rod and replacing that with the Title and bumping the 10x17 bag as the finale quest reward would be so much easier for people then praying to god that they get the bad that they want.

Not only do i have to collect 300 glacier Fish, But if i don't Complete it that very day it resets the very next So i have heard from multiple people. making this process a living nightmare and rather unfair to players. so now i've got to hold 15 stacks of fish in my bag just to do the quest. and until i have 300 i cant do it. I have even had 1 friend quit the game because of this event and its pain in the neck tendencies.

Either this post helps nexon with the next event or not. my Opinion and state of mind on this event wont change. I wouldn't even be doing this event if it weren't for my sister needing Bags. instead i'm over here in the vales for an hour each day fishing up nothing but. gems, buyable mats, and broken potions.
rjk10123YangKoeteSheenaKrissyPooteldurrloinnZeo[Deleted User]

Comments

• LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    edited January 23, 2018
    Event is decent. It gives lots of material for people who are training tailoring and/or blacksmith.
    Gems for ego training (yes, egos are still a thing)

Rewards are not awesome, but I'm content with them, even if the bag rate is insanely low.
    And I like the chair.
    Keliku
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    You should never participate in an event that you don't have fun doing. You will not get the bag from this event. You will be much happier when you stop expecting to get the rarest item. Every time a bag like this is put in an event people have unrealistic expectations about obtaining it and end up wanting to kill themselves. If you want a guaranteed 10x17 bag there is currently one available in Shy's Shop for 1000 Star Pieces. They aren't going to ruin the people who paid irl money for that by making a free bag from an event remotely obtainable.
    GretaVeylaineCiri
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Wait, you mean the most desirable item was the bag?

And here I was so happy to get a bunch of free crafting mats so I can raise my dex...
    Greta
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    I am more interested in the big prizes from the event. getting the bag coupon would be nice but it is best to never expect to win prizes that rare. compared to most fishing events this one is very inventory friendly with most thing in those old fish traps. if you don't like the event don't play it but one event a player dislikes is not worth quitting over. most fishing events don't offer as many nice rewards, are not as inventory friendly, and take up to 3 hours a day or more.
    Mizumo
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited January 23, 2018
    YEAH
    WE SHOULD GET BLACK BAGS JUST FOR LOGGING IN
    TOO MUCH EFFORT AFKING
    ALSO 5M GOLD REWARD FOR 300 FISH PLS
    GretaVeylaine
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I've already got 3 White Bear Hat (F)....

You don't HAVE to AFK, you can manual fish.

And, I don't think any quest resets except for turning in the 10 regular smelt for the extra bait....?

What I'd REALLY like to be changed from the events is remove the expiration on the potions, and make all of them stackable to at least 10. They aren't tradeable anyways, so why can't they stack and why can't we horde them? It only gives us more reason to buy more character cards so we have more bank space to keep hording all of the untradable items, right? ;)
    YangKoeteKelikuMizumo
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Caissa wrote: »
    You should never participate in an event that you don't have fun doing. You will not get the bag from this event. You will be much happier when you stop expecting to get the rarest item. Every time a bag like this is put in an event people have unrealistic expectations about obtaining it and end up wanting to kill themselves. If you want a guaranteed 10x17 bag there is currently one available in Shy's Shop for 1000 Star Pieces. They aren't going to ruin the people who paid irl money for that by making a free bag from an event remotely obtainable.

idk about you but i cant spend 1000 dollars on Mabinogi. I really cant if you can i envy you. but not everyone here can
  • lceCreamlceCream
    edited January 23, 2018

idk about you but i cant spend 1000 dollars on Mabinogi. I really cant if you can i envy you. but not everyone here can

You can't be serious
    You expect an item worth 1000$ to just be given to you...
    That's like expecting to win a lottery
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    cause 3.2k chances at a bag is too little...
    OdinwolfeTheNyanCat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    lceCream wrote: »

You can't be serious

It's not "worth" a $1000. Lol.
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    lceCream wrote: »

You can't be serious
    Can you not read??? they are talking about the star piece bag. in whcih you spend money to get the peieces. 190pieces for a 54 dollar gachapon pack. I replied to them about that.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 24, 2018
    Lmao, OP complains about most rarest item being too rare, while you can get nice rewards for giving Glacier Smelt to NPC. The chair is too damn cute to miss and who doesn't want a free 2nd title to increase their fishing rates...
    lceCreamKeliku
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited January 25, 2018
    Finding the cure to cancer would be easier than getting that damn bag.
    tumblr_oicaqhd9ul1tgzy56o1_1280.gif

YangKoete
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'm just here for the fishing 2nd title since I was taking a break during the SAO extravaganza. Consider me satisfied enough.
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    only thing i really care about at this rate Sylvia
    SylviaWolfe
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    Greta wrote: »
    Lmao, OP complains about most rarest item being too rare, while you can get nice rewards for giving Glacier Smelt to NPC. The chair is too damn cute to miss and who doesn't want a free 2nd title to increase their fishing rates...

Me. Because I already had an SAO Nishida title I paid good money for. :D

Anyway, event is fine. Only complaint I have is the timers on the mostly-useless buffs, and the fact they are untradeable. Potion pulls from the traps should come in stacks of 5 or 10 too.
    Ladame
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited February 3, 2018
    There's a reason why they put Black Bag in past gacha in the first place.
    Don't mind Black Bag from fishing. Just do it for fixed reward and some other stuffs from trap.
    YangKoetelceCream
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Someone posted on the forum. They got the bag
  • MizumoMizumo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
    edited February 4, 2018
    You should never participate in an event that you don't have fun doing. You will not get the bag from this event. You will be much happier when you stop expecting to get the rarest item. Every time a bag like this is put in an event people have unrealistic expectations about obtaining it and end up wanting to kill themselves.
    When I saw how big this bag was I understood there is no way for me to get it.
    At least, my spirit weapon loves the event.
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I am more interested in the big prizes from the event. getting the bag coupon would be nice but it is best to never expect to win prizes that rare. compared to most fishing events this one is very inventory friendly with most thing in those old fish traps. if you don't like the event don't play it but one event a player dislikes is not worth quitting over. most fishing events don't offer as many nice rewards, are not as inventory friendly, and take up to 3 hours a day or more.
    The thing with regular fishing events is that it is up to you to decide for how long you want to participate in it daily. You can go for a nice long walk or to sleep. Here, you can't do that, because it requires you to make a new hole every now ant then, because old ones freeze. Tries are very limited too. Yes, it is very inventory friendly, but what is the point if all the items it has are relatively useless. At least previous ones had very nice pots which was quite helpful.
    Dingigraphi
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    not just that but most of the buff pots expire aswell as the prof pots
    and those prof pots are nice but i have nothing to work but 1 or 2 items. but the pots are so rare and last only an hour. and again expire in 3 or so days. the party feathers are nice but guess what Expire in 6 days