Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ducat Reforge tool?

KysiraiKysirai
Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
in Feedback and Suggestions
So I was messing around with a KR item simulator for reforges and I find something called a "Mysterious Reforging Tool" that apparently is only 20k ducats on the other server. Now I know this will probably fall on deaf ears since we're Nexon KR's side *** but it would be nice to actually see some way for FTP players to continue the reforging process without having to shell out 300-400k~ to the bots
YangKoeteSaiboguJazmynKrissyPootelChickendBlissfulkillBehelit[Deleted User]THICCthighssavelivesKitini
    No results for this poll

Comments

• LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    I would love this. Its limited to 3 per day per person also, which means they wont entirely kill the prices for those who would complain about selling regular reforges. It would also give us another reason to commerce!
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    It should be a thing already in NA Mabinogi looooong time ago, I don’t know why it isn’t so players in NA Mabinogi had to rely on p2w reforges if they want to deal better damage with stuffs and such...
    YangKoete
  • SaiboguSaibogu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
    Definite support from me. Been long overdue, we should've had this ages ago.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I'm on board with this for sure.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I support this as well, I'd love the option to get reforges for free, and maybe then some of the commerce prices would actually be worth something.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Oh wow I didn't expect so much support for this
  • SaiboguSaibogu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
    edited January 23, 2019
    EDIT: AS OF 1/23/2019 THIS INFORMATION IS NOW OUTDATED, DUCAT REFORGES IN KR NOW WORK DIFFERENTLY.
    Basically they don't have a cap on how high they can go now.

http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4886931
    Link to the korean page w/ the update.

INFORMATION BELOW OUTDATED
    Hey guys, so a friend of mine who streams from the korean server, ALLTUR_, has decided to give some insight on the reforging tools.
    1. First, there are three reforges per town, per channel. There is no limitation on how many an individual can buy, but there is a limit on how many exists every day.
    2. Second, each reforge can only reach a max of 60% of the possible total reforge level. For instance, a reforge with a max of 20 will only provide 60%, in other words a maximum of about 12. So, for instance, Casting Speed has an upper level of 12 at r1. HOWEVER, any reforges related to Gunner, Ninja, and Chain Slash DO NOT have this restriction, so you can get the maximum. To add on to this, it is rarer than yellow reforges to get higher levels for Gunner, Ninja, and Chain Slash reforges, but it is still possible.
    3. Also, reforging with black reforge tools have a smaller % to rank up then the regular yellows, and black reforges don't increase the lines like credne.
    4. Finally, black reforge tools are not tradable; however, many people in the korean server have reforging businesses where you can give them the item to reforge for you. There is a level of risk to this but it still happens fairly often.

So, I really don't see any reason why we SHOULDN'T have black reforges. Yellow reforges still serve their purpose and give a higher reforge chance and higher levels than the black reforges. In fact, black reforges can even encourage yellow reforge use, by allowing people to go from r3-r1 for free, people who normally wouldn't have r1 reforged items will be more inclined to get red and yellow reforges at r1. Furthermore, it could increase competitiveness between people doing commerce, can create new reforging businesses, and it creates a good ducat sink, while over time getting rid of excess ducats from everyone.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223801379?t=00h17m58s

Edit: Skipped ahead in timestamp a little to get to the more relevant parts. Also, some other things of importance, when using this tool on an accessory, the max level possible for most accessory reforges is one, because 60% of 3 is a little under 2, so it only counts the level 1 as a possible reforge.
    Also if you have any other questions feel free to pm me or @ this post, or pm me ingame and ill be sure to ask ALLTUR the next time I talk to him.
    LadameKysirailceCream
  • KysiraiKysirai
    I agree wholeheartedly and thank you so much for the insight. Half of the problem, at least to me, is that we have to do research on our own to even see all the benefits KR has over us :(
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Could not preach my support about this enough. Please bring these over here so I can stop feeling like a filthy gambler every time I pass by those stupid bot shops in belvast.
    Kysirai
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    It's not going to happen, this is really old content and they skipped over it years ago. And I doubt they're going to do anything about it unless we really give them a reason to.
    Kysirai
  • KysiraiKysirai
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    It's not going to happen, this is really old content and they skipped over it years ago. And I doubt they're going to do anything about it unless we really give them a reason to.

Well hopefully that would be the end result of this thread
    Ladame
  • DkmariolinkDkmariolink
    Mabinogi Rep: 235
    ABSOLUTELY need this. Reforges should not be in the cash shop state that they are in anyway, given how immensely overpowered they are. Now I see why some people have favored the Korean version over the years. Better support and item implementation,etc.
    Kysirai
  • MizumoMizumo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
    Saibogu wrote: »
    60%
    Weak, but it is still better than nothing. And with such limitations I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented.
    Kysirai
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    I agree with this, on multiple occasions I have had an item take OVER 200 reforges to go from rank 2 to rank 1. There SHOULD be a free source of reforges that help with ranking items up OR make the existing reforges work at the event level 24/7.. Also, NO Nexon the solution is NOT "Drop more r1'd stuff in the gacha". Not only does that NOT HELP the crafting progression of endgame items, it effectively sucks all the fine reforges out of the market for weeks on end. This forces people to buy them with NX, wait, or offer ridiculous prices in gold to get some. People end up wasting reforges on r1'd Belmont hats, astin gloves, treasure hunter shoes, etc., items that are literal garbage that people will try to get an easy reforge on. We NEED a reforging fix. Nexon, were looking for your response, DETAILED RESPONSES ONLY, nobody wants to read something that's copied and pasted or "We will look into this." we would like a detailed reason why we cannot have this item or a reforging update. Thank you for reading your player's concerns. @Nexon @NexonStaff @NexonForumModerators
    Kysirai
  • KysiraiKysirai
    edited February 6, 2018
    I agree with this, on multiple occasions I have had an item take OVER 200 reforges to go from rank 2 to rank 1. There SHOULD be a free source of reforges that help with ranking items up OR make the existing reforges work at the event level 24/7.. Also, NO Nexon the solution is NOT "Drop more r1'd stuff in the gacha". Not only does that NOT HELP the crafting progression of endgame items, it effectively sucks all the fine reforges out of the market for weeks on end. This forces people to buy them with NX, wait, or offer ridiculous prices in gold to get some. People end up wasting reforges on r1'd Belmont hats, astin gloves, treasure hunter shoes, etc., items that are literal garbage that people will try to get an easy reforge on. We NEED a reforging fix. Nexon, were looking for your response, DETAILED RESPONSES ONLY, nobody wants to read something that's copied and pasted or "We will look into this." we would like a detailed reason why we cannot have this item or a reforging update. Thank you for reading your player's concerns. @Nexon @NexonStaff @NexonForumModerators

Basically, I get it's a FTP game but reforging right now is skewed past pay to win into absurdity and is honestly a predatory business practice.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Feel like this has to be bumped. Please don't close it, as this thread is still very much relevant nowadays.
    Lutetium
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Donk3y wrote: »
    Feel like this has to be bumped. Please don't close it, as this thread is still very much relevant nowadays.

Considering the endgame content (Tech Duinn missions as of this post) is now balanced around having reforged gear, Mysterious Reforges are an essential part of the game balance and NA has chosen to put a paywall on the endgame by removing them. I'm shocked this hasn't been a constant outrage since the patch commerce as added honestly.
    THICCthighssavelives