Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do something with these reforge bots

CiriCiri
Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
edited February 8, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
._. like make stricter restrictions to buying karma koins or limit the amount buying reforges in the cash shop.

I feel that half of the player base now are bots than when I last played..as much as I want to support this game...its just a turn off seeing how the bots ruin prices.

Comments

• PaxsekoPaxseko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    So they're on every server it seems. Even if I wanted a reforge, I sure wouldn't buy it from one of those stores. The players boycotting them would do more than Nexon can/will do.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I'm happy that because of these 'bots' the prices of reforges have gone down nearly 50%. On Mari they were like 700k for one but now they are around 450-500k.
    [Deleted User]TheOthic
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    Siodhan wrote: »
    If people priced reforges reasonably, I'd be more appalled at this development. I can't seem to care.
    [Deleted User]
  • iMattxCiMattxC
    Ciri wrote: »
    ._. like make stricter restrictions to buying karma koins or limit the amount buying reforges in the cash shop.

I feel that half of the player base now are bots than when I last played..as much as I want to support this game...its just a turn off seeing how the bots ruin prices.

I call them felony shops because I'm positive they use stolen credit cards to sell gold. It's the same people you see spamming their gold selling sites in chat.
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    edited February 8, 2018
    iMattxC wrote: »

I call them felony shops because I'm positive they use stolen credit cards to sell gold. It's the same people you see spamming their gold selling sites in chat.
    going straight to the fear-mongering aren't you?
    someone already tried that
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/79363/#Comment_79363

[Deleted User]FayeKaibaYangKoete
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605

Or it's just currency manipulation to buy nx cheaper than the normal 1:1000 usd:nx rate and nothing nearly as sinister as you're implying, but as Hardmuscle said none of you claiming these things have any [actual evidence] of such, you may as well be saying "it's a GM side operation and they're spawning the reforges and selling the gold!!!1". Not that anyone should believe that nonsense either.

PS if you add these """bots""" they'll actually talk to you, maybe everyone freaking out because people are actually selling reforges on alt accounts so they don't get note spammed when they have none to sell should just try and be social instead :)
    TheOthic[Deleted User]
  • CiriCiri
    I'm just amazed how low they're selling theirs for almost 200k a few days ago. Last I left everything was priced so high around 100m+ people are looking for and now everything went so low but not as low as back in g9. The economy in alexina is pretty eh but not as bad as 2015ish. But the prices are weird.. in a way people in my server are looking to buy 10k nx for 6-7m whereas 20k nx to buy reforges during its sale would roughly convert to 5-6m due to so much competition.

I know selling direct nx codes are against ToS and I have no plans to, I'm just baffled with the conversion.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    perhaps the gold sellers mass bought the 20,000 reforge boxes, and are selling them at the regular market price to then sell that gold back to buyers at a profit.
    Paxseko
  • PaxsekoPaxseko
    edited February 8, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I'm happy that because of these 'bots' the prices of reforges have gone down nearly 50%. On Mari they were like 700k for one but now they are around 450-500k.
    You do realize you're funding the gold bots, right? Is having to click blacklist 20 times a day worth your 150k?
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited February 8, 2018
    Paxseko wrote: »
    You do realize you're funding the gold bots, right? Is having to click blacklist 20 times a day worth your 150k?

Who says I black-list them? I buy from them because they price alot lower than what others did. If others did the same, it would be different, but people don't so I'll buy at the cheapest price. And please provide proof that the 'bots' are not people. Please, I want to see the evidence that the ones selling in the shops are botting.
    [Deleted User]TheOthic
  • CiriCiri
    Man this is becoming like a terminator story on the existential beings of bots
    JazmynYangKoete
  • PaxsekoPaxseko
    edited February 9, 2018
    @FayeKaiba Right-- so the fact that these characters are all new characters with no skills and nonsense names doesn't somewhat prove that the sellers do not play the game? And if they aren't playing the game, they're making money on it. So what ARE they doing with all the funds they get from these reforges, that isn't against Terms and Conditions?

There's a very slim chance that these aren't the same people who run the spamming gold bots that I know I have to blacklist so I can type to anyone in any of the two major commercial areas of the game. Ergo, they ruin the community. But that's all fine-- you saved 150k. *shaking my head*
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    edited February 9, 2018
    Paxseko wrote: »
    @FayeKaiba Right-- so the fact that these characters are all new characters with no skills and nonsense names doesn't somewhat prove that the sellers do not play the game? And if they aren't playing the game, they're making money on it. So what ARE they doing with all the funds they get from these reforges, that isn't against Terms and Conditions?

There's a very slim chance that these aren't the same people who run the spamming gold bots that I know I have to blacklist so I can type to anyone in any of the two major commercial areas of the game. Ergo, they ruin the community. But that's all fine-- you saved 150k. *shaking my head*

As hard muscle has said theres no concrete evidence just speculation even if it makes sense it doesn't mean its fact. Given how long these "bots" have operated its safe to say we have no means to get rid of them. Given how many times they could of been reported and I know they are reported because any time someone starts up a witch hunt for these bots, people want to report them (like this thread if you read it through and through http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/14946/psa-investigative-report/p1).Like to reiterate speculation and making sense does not equate to being truth.

Also love how you keep saying its just 150k, either you never reforged in your life or purposely down playing that "150k". You know people typically use more than one reforge right? hell if you're unlucky you could be using up to 30 reforges to get the specific reforge you want, and that mere 150k you so sugercoat becomes 4.5m.
    [Deleted User]Sorrowwolfe
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360

They're 300-330k on Alexina, or 50 for ~14m atm.
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    TheOthic wrote: »
    Also love how you keep saying its just 150k, either you never reforged in your life or purposely down playing that "150k". You know people typically use more than one reforge right? hell if you're unlucky you could be using up to 30 reforges to get the specific reforge you want, and that mere 150k you so sugercoat becomes 4.5m.

30 if you're unlucky? Try hundreds. I have used hundreds of reforges, and in the end I bought a piece of gear with the reforge because I never got it on the piece I wanted.
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    edited February 13, 2018
    Ekaterin wrote: »
    TheOthic wrote: »

30 if you're unlucky? Try hundreds. I have used hundreds of reforges, and in the end I bought a piece of gear with the reforge because I never got it on the piece I wanted.

Cool, I don't know why you want to argue but that wasn't even the point of that part of my post but good for you ( or I guess terrible for you?). The whole point is Paxseko downplaying that "150k" saving, but thanks for helping prove my point on that even further :smirk:
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590

Nexon limits how much a month you can buy on credit and/or the number of times. So keep this in mind.