Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cave Trial Tips?

ZintackZintack
Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
in Help
I get stuck at master lich [with the rare chance of clearing it but then dying immediately at glas] everytime/year.
I used every booster/indigo candy/catering/etc
I tried to lullaby it but it always never sleeps or I just get drained of everything to my death.

so, looking for those sweet tips again. =)

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited March 8, 2018
    Don't die.

I actually forgot about catering. Pot like crazy for sure. When you're fighting the duke or any of the 1 hit ko move enemies use a ranged attack. Crisis escape is your friend against many of the monsters.

Take your time, you have 40 minutes to complete it. Be a coward. Heal a lot, run away, crisis escape.

Know your limit. If you fight the succubus queen and can't do any damage to her, maybe you've reached your limit. My biggest tip: don't waste all of your resources from the manus fishing event to force yourself forward just to die lol

Also I'm pretty sure this is permanent content (the trials cave) so don't fret.
    Zintack
  • ZintackZintack
    Maia wrote: »
    Don't die.

I actually forgot about catering. Pot like crazy for sure. When you're fighting the duke or any of the 1 hit ko move enemies use a ranged attack. Crisis escape is your friend against many of the monsters. Take your time, you have 40 minutes to complete it.

Yeah, I sometimes wait for paladin/demi god to come up knowing the time is 40 minutes. Ghouls and lich just ground pound me every year [I try to spam pots but the hurt more than I can spam OR the ghouls just auto attack/push me into his fire and i cant move]. I don't really die to anything before the lich.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Uh.. I would recommend Hide + Hydra but that's an elf only thing.
    I used that until Duke one shot me.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 8, 2018
    Just... Don't die?

*almost instantly dies at Duke/Master Lich part*

Every. Year. Every. Time. :')
    SherriZintack
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Zintack wrote: »
    Don't die.

I actually forgot about catering. Pot like crazy for sure. When you're fighting the duke or any of the 1 hit ko move enemies use a ranged attack. Crisis escape is your friend against many of the monsters. Take your time, you have 40 minutes to complete it.

Yeah, I sometimes wait for paladin/demi god to come up knowing the time is 40 minutes. Ghouls and lich just ground pound me every year [I try to spam pots but the hurt more than I can spam OR the ghouls just auto attack/push me into his fire and i cant move]. I don't really die to anything before the lich.

I honestly switch to archery to fight the duke in order to avoid insta-death. Keep moving and land pot shots. What I do is when I know the duke is about to bite the dust is I run to a corner and use some sort of ranged attack to finish him off (since I'm already using archery I just AR or mag. I'm human so no elf hide for me.

Then after the duke goes down, the master lich will spawn. Do your best to keep your distance from the middle and maybe you can fight him without aggroing any of the ghasts (or at least maybe 1 or 2). Does campfire work in there? I doubt it does but if it does, that could be an amazing tool.
    Zintack
  • ZintackZintack
    Zintack wrote: »
    Don't die.

I honestly switch to archery to fight the duke in order to avoid insta-death. Keep moving and land pot shots. What I do is when I know the duke is about to bite the dust is I run to a corner and use some sort of ranged attack to finish him off (since I'm already using archery I just AR or mag. I'm human so no elf hide for me.

Then after the duke goes down, the master lich will spawn. Do your best to keep your distance from the middle and maybe you can fight him without aggroing any of the ghasts (or at least maybe 1 or 2). Does campfire work in there? I doubt it does but if it does, that could be an amazing tool.

I only have magic/combat/guns mainly and I don't do that much damage. :< I never tried campfire yet/I doubt it does work in there to but I'll see if it does. But like even if I pull him out he ends up spawning more things if I don't kill him fast enough. :[[[[[[[[[[ My lullaby never seems to succeed as well.