Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dont Put this anymore here PLEASE!

IsisthedarkIsisthedark
Mabinogi Rep: 830
edited March 17, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Dont put limitation or restricted rules to get an specifict skill that makes not fun sence to run baltana or need to pay for an item in that way for the new skill for Chain slayer or any other i dont like how unsence its get in baltane missions for this mess, for only obtine and specific skill fulled. I hoping they make other dungeons but that new items dont need to get to g20 back i feel upset with it.

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Dont put limitation or restricted rules to get an specifict skill that makes not fun sence to run baltana or need to pay for an item in that way for the new skill for Chain slayer or any other i dont like how unsence its get in baltane missions for this mess, for only obtine and specific skill fulled. I hoping they make other dungeons but that new items dont need to get to g20 back i feel upset with it.

Is this another "Why do I need to do content to get skills" thread?

I for one, wish a lot of skills were much harder to get.

Lightning rod for example I loved. I dislike the trend of being hand fed everything.

Now if you're talking about the uniform boxes I'd agree that questline is a bit stupid but I enjoyed everything else. I'd like skills to be harder to get, NOT more RNG but harder quests and such
    KingEphyVaughanBlissfulkillVeylaineMaia[Deleted User]
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    I can't really understand a word you're saying but Hellkaizer has most of it down.
    You don't need to "pay for an item" to access Baltane quests, and G20 isn't involved in any of the skill's quest lines, so I may be misunderstanding.
    I'll try to form a quick guide to help.

If you're struggling with Bachram explosion: The pages can be bought from other players, but this skill is intentionally hard to obtain due to it's power. If you're unable to acquire the skill yet, you can try again when you're a little stronger, or buy pages. These pages drop from specific circumstances in Baltane Missions, see here for where they can drop.

If you're struggling with Spinning Slasher: None of the Dorcha Crystals come from Baltane Missions. They can be purchased from other players, but they actually drop from various content around the game, such as Fishing, Dungeon's and Monsters, and NPC shops.

If you're struggling with Raging Spike: The outfit boxes are tradable, and you can purchase them from other players. They aren't hard to obtain (they're pretty common in Basic Difficulty Siege Mission.) so they won't be too expensive. As Hellkaizer said, this is the most tedious due to the RNG involved.

If you're struggling with Chain Burst, specifically acquiring the quest: Nowhere to Run on basic difficulty is the best option. Kill the zombies with your chain blade, this way you're safe from the explosion and dealing good damage.
    If you're struggling with Death Mark, specifically sketching the Banshee: I think you can buy the sketch from another player? If not, you can ask your friends or guild mates to help you run Peaca Basic. Don't forget to bring Sketch Paper.

If you're struggling with Baltane missions in general: If you don't have good damage output yet, it may be too early for you to challenge Baltane Missions. Your character will get stronger as you play through the game and rank up other skills. Since the items to acquire skills are tradable from Baltane Missions, you can always ask your friends to run the missions themselves and share the items they don't need with you.
    HellkaizerWolfandWolfVaughannajee508BlissfulkillMaia[Deleted User]Goldtiger01SherriKaiwyth
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Giegue wrote: »
    If you're struggling with Death Mark, specifically sketching the Banshee: I think you can buy the sketch from another player? If not, you can ask your friends or guild mates to help you run Peaca Basic. Don't forget to bring Sketch Paper.

No, you can't buy the sketch from another player. I believe it was confirmed in another thread that you had to sketch it yourself.
    Jazmyn[Deleted User]Goldtiger01Sherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

No, you can't buy the sketch from another player. I believe it was confirmed in another thread that you had to sketch it yourself.

I can confirm that personally, I tried taking extra sketches to sell.
    WolfandWolfHazurah[Deleted User]Sherri
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205

You can always pay people to run you through or get your friends/guild to do it
    [Deleted User]
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited March 7, 2018
    maybe having easy access to the skills could make the game approcheable since you still need to work hard on your stats and equipment anyway, so why not let everyone be able to play the game to know if they like playing the game?

it might sound crazy to you but if a game locks the content behind tedious questlines games tend to die... lolbattleborn

and don't even bring the "new players want spoonfed waah millenials ruin everything waah", back in the day grinding for 8hr a day every day as a baseline requeriment for videogames just locked a lot of people out from playing the stupid thing in the first place, it's a bad argument

also lol, harder to get, no it's not hard, it's tedious
    [Deleted User]Chathan
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 7, 2018
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    maybe having easy access to the skills could make the game approcheable since you still need to work hard on your stats and equipment anyway, so why not let everyone be able to play the game to know if they like playing the game?

it might sound crazy to you but if a game locks the content behind tedious questlines games tend to die... lolbattleborn

and don't even bring the "new players want spoonfed waah millenials ruin everything waah", back in the day grinding for 8hr a day every day as a baseline requeriment for videogames just locked a lot of people out from playing the stupid thing in the first place, it's a bad argument

also lol, harder to get, no it's not hard, it's tedious

Kids these days... So spoiled... Want easy way out all the time. You should have tried Mabinogi back in... like 2008-2014? I bet you would have LOVED it. :trollface: *g3 infiltration, g8/g10 finals and MA/Lord mission flashbacks*
    [Deleted User]
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    God... we gotta at least work for SOMETHING don't you think? Besides I made a butt ton of gold selling dorcha crystals and bachram pages and squire uniform boxes to the lazy people. Chainslash is not really a newbie talent either
    [Deleted User]
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Arjune wrote: »
    Besides I made a butt ton of gold selling dorcha crystals and bachram pages and squire uniform boxes to the lazy people.
    Chain update is the best thing that had happened to Mabi since I started playing because of this <3 I never thought I will ever have over 100m but thanks to the quests, I managed to without spending any real money.
    [Deleted User]
  • ReFuSeRReFuSeR
    Mabinogi Rep: 220
    Op is incoherent. From looking at the following posts what I've collected is. 'Game is too hard, make it easier'
    I can tell you Mabinogi has grown 100x easier to play since it's beginning. With the constant spam of rebirth items and training capsules. It is possible to cap a new character in a few days maybe a few weeks given you have the resources to do it. Mabinogi has never been easier then it is now. I honestly can't imagine it getting any easier then this. Remember when freee weekly rbs didnt use to be a thing? We got that now players want free daily rbs. I recently returned from a 2 year hiatus to be given a ton of rebirth potions in a pack for free. The potential system rewards free rebirth potions every 100 levels or so. It's overbearing and alot of my potions tend to just expire because it only takes 10-30 minutes to get to level 150 now and I don't have time to grind for hours a day. Nexon is clearly trying their best to make this game as easy as possible and people still complain.
    SylviaWolfe[Deleted User]
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    lock a cool achievement, some special fashion item, a cool pet, a piece of equipment, increasingly rewarding quests, that kind of "it's nice so i'll try to get it" thing, behind a difficult task? sure

that's a lot different from blocking something basic like a skill behind hours of tedious questing which involve mostly just talking to npcs and running around, sometimes maybe killing one or two basic dudes and a pushover boss

with your logic you might as well lock the account registration page behind a cryptic RNG based ARG where you have to follow specific tasks and find clues in the internets so you can brag about the fact that you have a nexon account, anything easier would be children's play what's this with noobs wanting everything easier
    [Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited March 9, 2018
    It used 2 be this way. It's quite a throwback if I say so myself. What's abnormal is the amount of pampering the Dev has done 2 skill acquisitions req in this game. :o
    [Deleted User]
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    In my opinion, everything is fairly easy/fair compared to how strong the skill is, to get nowadays. I've acquired every skill before, aside from chain skills. It was also the time before Magic Revamp, so I haven't gotten Meteor Strike or all that shazz yet.

It actually pisses me off how easy it is to ADVANCE skills right now. Okay sure, they added training pots, skill training seals, but now..the ability to AP train as well? Really? You just need an ass load of ap, and you can pass on the grinding. It makes me ask: Why did I go through that hell of life skills? Blah blah other tedious skills?
    Mmorpg's have grinding. Some game's have grinding and tedious work. Mabinogi's not that different. It just got easier over the decade and makes ol' me wonder *grabs developers' collars* WHY ARE YOU BABY FEEDING THE NEW PLAYERS(OR US IN GENERAL) AND MAKING ME FEEL BAD O_O? THERE'S A LIMIT YOU KNOW

*Ahem*. Soo. If they add a way to "easy mode" getting skills, I'll be really really reallllyyyy mad. I'll still love Mabinogi though.
    I think it's fair that the chain skills seem difficult to get. As said before, it's just because of how it's ..useful? good crowd control? large aoe?
    I'm not sure since I haven't gotten them yet, and only used it during the questline.

I read this thread earlier and was thinking about it later on and thought "What if the developers make it easier since people are complaining? O_O I DON'T WANT MORE _ _ _ _ TO BE BABY FED - I should go give my opinion. *Puts mai 2 cents in.*"
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Spinning Slash Quest is one of my favorites.

Take out RNG dependent skills though. (I.E. Crisis Escape, Catering.)

Skills like Chain Cylinder are alright, considering that using a basic alchemy skill to get an alchemy skill isn't too horrendous. (Although such an essential skill.)

But RNG isn't a sign of difficulty, it is artificial lengthening, and thus, an annoyance.
    [Deleted User]
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    The RNG for those skills aren't that bad in my experience. I've went through getting the RNG skills a dozen times or so. Mabinogi has some really messed up RNG when it comes to gacha or prizes like that permanent wing coupon in that one event, but I think the skills are far easier to obtain in comparison. (Actually for the earlier ones, those seem more impossible/out of reach than just "more difficult".) It never really takes that long to get the skills. Maybe a day or few days of grinding, or expand that to a week if you don't have time.

I want the RNG based skills to stay.

-I'm not asking for more skills like this though. Maybe it's just my sense of, I want things to stay the same.
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    KimCheolsu wrote: »
    The RNG for those skills aren't that bad in my experience. I've went through getting the RNG skills a dozen times or so. Mabinogi has some really messed up RNG when it comes to gacha or prizes like that permanent wing coupon in that one event, but I think the skills are far easier to obtain in comparison. (Actually for the earlier ones, those seem more impossible/out of reach than just "more difficult".) It never really takes that long to get the skills. Maybe a day or few days of grinding, or expand that to a week if you don't have time.

I want the RNG based skills to stay.

-I'm not asking for more skills like this though. Maybe it's just my sense of, I want things to stay the same.

Depends, the more "out of the way it is", the more I understand the annoyance. I mean, I don't need to worry about chain cylinder, since it requires using an integral part of the talent in a scenario that is unavoidable, unlike Cooking or Evasion. Then again, we live in an era where 99% of content doesn't hurt me enough to do a barrel roll. Cooking is seemingly pretty tedious to spam. I think they are estimated to be around 1/300 for Ace's skills.
    [Deleted User]
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    If anything we need combat skills to be harder to get and life skills to be tougher to rank. That should be that lol the game is so easymode now. I'm not saying things should be as hard as smithing was back in the early days or that everything should be as hard to obtain as, again, some of those intermediate magic skills were upon their release. But, I would like to see some challenge. Some non-tradable challenge. Make it mean something to have a certain skill obtained or ranked up. It's to the point where it literally means nothing (my opinion) to have smithing r1 or every obtainable skill obtained.
    [Deleted User]