Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Checkbox for reviving instantly w/o cooldown

KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
edited March 13, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I know the whole deal where they substituted us never dropping items upon death for cooldowns on reviving. I hate this so much. I never asked for this. I hate waiting there when there's not an option for revving near town/it's too far/you have to rely on others to revive you/it's too big of a loss. I actually loved dying a lot and reviving on the spot constantly until my exp runs out.

I've suggested this before and I'm going to keep doing it every time. It doesn't have to be for everyone, it can just be a check for "No Cool-down for Revival" with a warning description of you WILL have a chance of dropping equipment on death. It's so inconvenient to me and pisses me off so much. It's all I ask, just bring it back as an option.

I -removed- Please do not dodge the language filter. HATE WAITING REVIVING, DROP MY EQUIPMENT, JUST LET ME REVIVE NOW
Sherri[Deleted User]Zairak

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Or stock up on Nao Stones?
    [Deleted User]Zairak
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited March 14, 2018
    WELL I'M NOT TRYING TO DIE OFTEN, OKAY?! IT JUST HAPPENS THAT WHATEVER I'M FIGHTING HITS REALLY HARD.
    THOSE NAO STONES RUN OUT EVENTUALLY, AND It takes really long to revive. I mean it takes only 5 seconds, but a lot can happen in 5 seconds.

I'd rather it be free to revive without using consumables. Like before. When this annoying revive cooldown didn't exist.

Why do you have to use troll faces? It just makes me more mad? Why? I'm already pissed at the cool-down, why do you have to do that? Nande?

Edit: YOU CAN'T JUST TELL ME "NOT TO DIE OFTEN". I'M TRYING. WHY WOULD I NOT TRY? *FLIPS TABLE*
    [Deleted User]Zairak
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Well...what level/how skilled are you/how good are your equips?
    [Deleted User]Zairak
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited March 14, 2018
    I don't want advice on my skills/equipment, I want to freely be able to revive as many times in a row without a cool-down, like how it was in the past.
    Is that unreasonable? <-I'm seriously asking.

I don't see how the system was that bad before, based on people's opinions on my last thread like this one. You'd have a chance of dropping items if they weren't blessed. If you're in a dungeon/sm that you keep dying or other people have to revive you and you don't have time to re-bless your items, you'd have to look out for your items dropping. And I believe no one could pick up your item while you were dead. I wasn't in parties that much, so I've only had that happen once while the game was still new. I don't know if they updated that afterwards.

Once the "no dropping items upon death" thing was implemented, I thought "oh that's nice". But if I knew it was so that they can add a cool-down on revivals, I would've hated it the moment I saw it.

@Hardmuscle Also, what way does it serve as a bot deterrent? Isn't the thing with the 'no drops if you're bare-handed' help already?
    [Deleted User]Zairak
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    *runs Phantasm*
    *Drops all your gear*
    jk i know it goes to the lost and found lady
    [Deleted User]Zairak
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    I can't survive longer than 3 minutes sometimes, in some situations.

I didn't know the cool-down for revives existed before they removed the 'loss of items on death' mechanic. I guess I was just away from the game for that long.

I still want to revive on the spot repetitively without cool-downs.

"It's mostly about making it as 'inconvenient as possible' for bot-farmers who lead their clones in droves to places they should not be able to go."
    Like where?
    [Deleted User]Zairak
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Everywhere. Just, everywhere. I hear horror-stories of bots in basically a lot of places back then, farming..just, everything. It was horrible.
    [Deleted User]Zairak
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Thread 11/10.
    [Deleted User]Zairak